The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: News and Current Events - 2017  (Read 50906 times)

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
Re: News and Current Events - 2017
« Reply #1935 on: June 09, 2018, 09:52:57 PM »
Love this ad! (just 30 seconds long)

https://youtu.be/cc9ovvth3sY

I love this, Fritz!! How wonderful!
Nature has cunning ways of finding our weakest spot.
Call Me By Your Name

Offline Gazapete

• Lost in Translation
  • Obsessed
« Reply #1936 on: June 09, 2018, 10:26:51 PM »
I love it!

Offline morrobay

• Quiet Storm
  • Obsessed
  • ...suspended above ordinary affairs...
« Reply #1937 on: June 10, 2018, 06:39:47 AM »
kim kardashian and now that freak rodman - at a nuclear arms negotiation...we have got to get this asshole out of the white house

https://action.needtoimpeach.com/act?sc=ad_gg_lba_us_impeach-.-.-.-60s-20171020&utm_source=gg&utm_medium=ad&utm_campaign=lba&utm_content=us_impeach-.-.-.-60s-20171020&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8r77_Y7J2wIVT7jACh1XrgkIEAAYASAAEgJqoPD_BwE

Dennis Rodman traveling to Singapore for North Korea summit

Washington (CNN)Former NBA star Dennis Rodman is traveling to Singapore for the upcoming summit between President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.

Rodman's agent, Darren Prince, confirmed the trip.

"He is willing to offer his support for his friends, President Trump and Marshall Kim Jong Un," Prince said.
The NBA Hall-of-Famer also posted the announcement on Instagram Friday morning.

"Thanks to my loyal sponsors from @potcoin and my team at @princemarketinggroup , I will be flying to Singapore for the historical Summit. I'll give whatever support is needed to my friends, President Trump and Marshall Kim Jong Un," he wrote.

In a statement, Rodman praised Trump.

"To all Americans and the rest of the world I'm honored to call President Trump a friend. He's one of the best negotiators of all time and I'm looking forward to him adding to his historic success at the Singapore Summit," Rodman said.

eta before I get slammed: I know kk did a good thing, but still...it's just celebrity apprentice shit in the oval office
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 09:30:50 AM by morrobay »
“We usually marry standing in our own graves. Makes the funerals very romantic...but the weddings are a bleak affair..”

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #1938 on: June 10, 2018, 11:01:40 AM »
Love this ad! (just 30 seconds long)

https://youtu.be/cc9ovvth3sY

Advice to anyone who watches this video...do NOT read the comments.
It'll only make you feel like you're covered in sewage.

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #1939 on: June 10, 2018, 11:03:04 AM »
eta before I get slammed: I know kk did a good thing, but still...it's just celebrity apprentice shit in the oval office

Got no arguments from me, just agreement, on your whole post.

Offline Gazapete

• Lost in Translation
  • Obsessed
« Reply #1940 on: June 10, 2018, 11:04:59 AM »

Advice to anyone who watches this video...do NOT read the comments.
It'll only make you feel like you're covered in sewage.

Too late! Ignore them, just ignore them ommmmmm...

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #1941 on: June 10, 2018, 12:44:34 PM »
Too late! Ignore them, just ignore them ommmmmm...

I tend NOT to even go to read the comments on a video or article such as this, as I know that the majority of them will be negative, homophobic, and downright hareful. I don't need a bunch of people's opinions to color how I feel about what I like when I see or read something.
Call Me By Your Name

Online fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #1942 on: June 10, 2018, 12:56:58 PM »
I've been trying to remember which Catch-22 character Trump reminds me the most of. Now I do.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milo_Minderbinder

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline morrobay

• Quiet Storm
  • Obsessed
  • ...suspended above ordinary affairs...
« Reply #1943 on: June 10, 2018, 02:26:51 PM »
45 thinks this is bad, wait until he's alienated all of our allies...I guess then he'll try to have the relationship he wants with Putin.

Trump's top economic aide on Trudeau: 'It was a betrayal'

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump on Saturday accused Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau of making "false statements" and said that the US will not endorse a G7 communique.

"Based on Justin's false statements at his news conference, and the fact that Canada is charging massive Tariffs to our U.S. farmers, workers and companies, I have instructed our U.S. Reps not to endorse the Communique as we look at Tariffs on automobiles flooding the U.S. Market!," the President tweeted on Saturday.

In a second tweet, President Trump said, "PM Justin Trudeau of Canada acted so meek and mild during our @G7 meetings only to give a news conference after I left saying that, 'US Tariffs were kind of insulting' and he 'will not be pushed around.' Very dishonest & weak. Our Tariffs are in response to his of 270% on dairy!"

Shortly after Trudeau said that he was "happy to announce that we have released a joint communique by all seven countries" indicating that the US had signed on, Trump announced the US would reverse its decision and not sign on to the statement after all. The group of seven nations that make up the G7 are Canada, France, the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, Japan and Italy.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44430000
“We usually marry standing in our own graves. Makes the funerals very romantic...but the weddings are a bleak affair..”

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #1944 on: June 11, 2018, 11:57:26 AM »

WHAT CANADIANS THINK OF
WHEN THEY HEAR THE WORD
"LOONIE."

WHAT AMERICANS THINK OF
WHEN THEY HEAR THE WORD
"LOONIE."

*And all sane people worldwide.

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #1945 on: June 11, 2018, 12:28:14 PM »

I guess you've all heard about Robert DeNiro's comments at the Tonys last night?
It was more an outburst, an existential cry from the realm of sanity and the frustration
of all those who feel an impotency to counter it in any meaningful way. This must be
what it was like for those that saw the Nazi leader rise and were frustrated to no end
that others were just seeming to normalize it and even more supporting the insanity.
The sentiment is certainly welcomed. One feels less alone. But I don't think he should
have done that in that setting. The reason is something I've shared twice in the last
week:

"Go down to Trump’s level and you find yourself wrestling with a brawler whose indecency eventually defines you as well."

It's the "When they go low, we go high," idea, except the problem with this is that so many don't care about Trump's lowness. They make a complete blind exception to him. So "going high" equates to: "Take the high road and you risk genteel irrelevance."

I can't think of anyone that's been able to effectively penetrate the Trump onslaught to good effect. The most notable gains have come from those who ignore him, but fight for their particular cause, without using him as bait.

Anyone who has tried to fight this "fire with fire" has ended up losing, most notably Marco Rubio. The problem is that for whatever reason, Trump's supporters, and now the Republican party itself, make an exception for Trump. Those that act like him to fight back get the standard moral treatment and are looked upon unfavorably. How many of us liked Romney during the campaign season when he called out Trump in no uncertain terms. Then, afterwards, he's backpedaled several times, even meeting with him for a cabinet position that Trump used to demean him. Now he's running for Senator and doing the same thing. Which is it Mitt?

The news media likes to keep reporting anything and everything the President says or tweets. It riles people up. They get ratings out of it, but it's not helpful. What they should do is JUST report on what he "does" and not what he says. Concentrate on that. But fat chance of that happening.

I hope our candidate for Governor of California this year, Gavin Newsom, doesn't use Trump all through the campaign against his Republican opponent. It's just going to stoke Republicans to come out and vote, which could hamper some down ballot Congressional races that Democrats want to flip. By all accounts, political observers don't think the Republican has a chance in hell to win anyway. So why not just ignore him? The Republican will want to try and stir things up by being provocative, like Trump, he already has, so let's see a campaign of ignoring that kind of person and see how that might work. Especially when the race seems assured. Maybe there'll be some lesson in it for Democrats.

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #1946 on: June 11, 2018, 12:53:28 PM »
WHAT CANADIANS THINK OF
WHEN THEY HEAR THE WORD
"LOONIE."

WHAT AMERICANS THINK OF
WHEN THEY HEAR THE WORD
"LOONIE."

*And all sane people worldwide.

ABSOLUTELY CORRECT!!!
Call Me By Your Name

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #1947 on: June 11, 2018, 01:03:33 PM »
There was one of the news stories on 60 Minutes last night that highlighted Brad Parscale, the digital director of Trump's campaign, who played a key role in the president's election. He posted up to 10,000 ads a day on Facebook, and used Facebook employees to teach him how to embed these ads onto FB. This is how Pumkinhead got elected.

He has already been appointed PH reelection campaign manager for 2020.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/facebook-embeds-russia-and-the-trump-campaigns-secret-weapon-60-minutes/

Facebook offered the same "services" to Hillary Clinton's campaign, and they turned it down.
Call Me By Your Name

Online fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #1948 on: June 11, 2018, 01:24:42 PM »
Unfortunately, T's base will condemn the Democrats for going low even if it's the same way that they do it themselves. They have declared themselves immune to hypocrisy. A frightening consequence of purely tribal politics.

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline Uli

• The Daylight Hallucination
  • Obsessed
When I feel the warmth of your very soul
I forget I'm cold and crying
When your lips touch mine and I lose control
I forget I'm old and dying

Martin L. Gore - Damaged People