The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: News and Current Events - 2017 - 2022  (Read 763526 times)

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
Re: News and Current Events - 2017
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2017, 01:20:07 PM »
I am the only one bringing up Trumps family?   What do you call this Lyle and the posts after it..

What I wrote was: I don't think anyone else has brought them up but you, and then people comment on it.
Linda was commenting on it because of your post. In other words, she wouldn't have been brought up at all if
you hadn't posted about her. "So it's all your fault." Comprendez-vous?

I am simply saying why attack his wife - what has she done?  Calling her "melanoma".

It's nothing that comedians haven't been doing for weeks, so, really, you guys are offended that I called Melania
"Melanoma?"  Where were all of you for two years at the things people were calling Hillary Clinton?    ...silence...

I was going to call Melania what a comedian did -- Malaria Trump, but decided to come up with my own.
By the way, I'm only emulating our p-elect.  What's good for the goose and all that... He just called our
patriotic intelligence agencies NAZI's. Sounds like a good working plan going forward.

She went to University - she modeled for fashion houses in Milan and Paris, she speaks six languages: Serbo-Croatian, English, French, Italian, German, and her native Slovene.

She appears to be a devoted wife and Mother!

I am glad you are enamored with her. I am not.  By the way, it's not been established that she actually was
"enrolled in University." Nor that she wasn't here working illegally.  Trump was supposed to show us her papers
last August, but he has such a short attention span, you know.

And if you think it is okay for the President of the United States to have oral sex performed on him in the oval office, I am not sure what to tell ya..

Show me where I said that?

Let me know when Trump acts like that once he becomes the President!

You haven't been paying attention previously?

I'll give him one thing.  He is unifying the country.
His approval rating right now, before he even enters office, is 37%.  His
disapproval rating is 63% of the U.S.  Makes you wonder how he got elected.
Or should I say: "Заставляет задуматься, как он был избран."

And for the 100th time I post other news stories, did yesterday, no one comments, they only want to talk about Trump, well should say complain about Trump.

You see nothing wrong with the p-elect?
Why wouldn't I talk about him if you give me and us the opportunity to reply to your posts
and I am very inclined to? Thanks for the outlet to do so.

As for Justin he went on a holiday with an old family friend, to his friends private island, last I checked that was not a crime and really no ones business!

Tell that to all the news people reporting about that and his other problems right now.

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2017, 01:29:51 PM »
I won’t miss listening to Joe Biden: too much schmaltz was for me.

No wonder you didn't care for La La Land.

(By the way, dear readers, schmaltz has acquired a negative connotation to people over time, but it really
just means "excessive sentimentality, especially in music or movies."  But many people have different
tolerations of excessive. I don't find sentimentality a bad thing, even if excessive, only if it reads or feels
false, as Oilgun pointed out in a post on another thread.)

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2017, 01:33:06 PM »

I'll be spending inauguration day demonstrating against the incoming abomination
in downtown Los Angeles and Saturday morning with the women's march (men
welcome) to City Hall, too. Weather permitting, lol. At the moment we're appropriately
scheduled to have rain tears on the 20th.

___

For anyone interested, the DECADES TV channel is having some special programming:

Hosted by award-winning journalist Bill Kurtis, Inauguration Day Through the Decades is a historic and unique programming event presented by Decades, beginning on Thursday, January 19, at 7 am/ET and continuing through Saturday, January 21, at 10 am/ET. It begins with a special half-hour Through the Decades look at past inaugurations, featuring each President from Harry Truman through Barack Obama.

Through the Decades is followed by 14 inauguration speeches. Tapping the resources of the CBS News Archives, Decades will mark Inauguration Day by featuring the televised speeches of each President of the modern era. Viewers will see Presidents Kennedy (1), Johnson (1), Nixon (2), Carter (1), Reagan (2), Bush (1), Clinton (2), Bush (2), and Obama (2), and hear the historic inauguration speeches from each leader, just as they happened on Inauguration Day. This special seven-hour programming event will be rebroadcast continuously for two days.

Mercifully, it seems that each speech is condensed into a half-hour version of the best or most notable parts of the speeches.

See a complete program schedule at this link:

http://www.decades.com/articles/watch-presidential-inauguration-speeches-on-decades

On this page you can also find out where to watch on TV, or you can come
back to Decades.com on Thursday, January 19, to watch the speeches online.

If you want to see REAL Presidents instead of a FAKE one, that is.

Offline Pepe1

• Expert
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2017, 02:06:59 PM »
Umm no one on here was insulting Hillary that I saw, if they had called her a "melanoma" or whatever cancer rhymes with Hillary, I sure would have commented.

I have heard people on line refer to Ellen DeGeneres as Ellen Degenerate, does that strike you as funny Lyle?

I said I thought you were better than that, but I think the election has changed you, it's sad.

comprenez-vous?

Offline Dave Cullen

• Author/Journalist
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • Founder, Editor
    • Columbine
« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2017, 10:22:36 PM »
No wonder you didn't care for La La Land.

Oh brother. When you have to stretch that far . . . desperate. Sad.

Offline Dave Cullen

• Author/Journalist
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • Founder, Editor
    • Columbine
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2017, 10:27:02 PM »
I actually find Melania impressive in most ways, aside from marrying a buffoon. (Though she has apparently left him.)

The reports I get are that she's a very attentive mom and has her hands full raising their special-needs son, with the press has been keeping quiet. She walks him to school every day.

Offline Dave Cullen

• Author/Journalist
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • Founder, Editor
    • Columbine
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2017, 10:34:05 PM »
(By the way, dear readers, schmaltz has acquired a negative connotation to people over time, but it really
just means "excessive sentimentality..."

LOL. Your definition contradicts the acquired over time nonsense.

FYI:

Origin
1930s: from Yiddish shmaltz, from German Schmalz dripping, lard.

Nope, no negative connotation intended there. Just acquired over time. (Sarcasm.)

Offline Pepe1

• Expert
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2017, 08:06:34 AM »
I actually find Melania impressive in most ways, aside from marrying a buffoon.

A breath of fresh air and a voice of reason, the only point I was ever trying to make.  In a sea of hate..

She is a good Mother, appears to be and yes word is Baron may be autistic.

Offline Dave Cullen

• Author/Journalist
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • Founder, Editor
    • Columbine
« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2017, 09:22:33 AM »
A breath of fresh air and a voice of reason, the only point I was ever trying to make.  In a sea of hate..

She is a good Mother, appears to be and yes word is Baron may be autistic.

I didn't realize word was seeping out about Baron's condition. I'm curious: where did you hear/read that?

Offline Pepe1

• Expert
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2017, 10:35:20 AM »
I have read it all over the place and of course the "infamous video", which I am not sure is on line any longer, I think it was taken down.  Here is a recent article:

http://www.smobserved.com/story/2016/12/25/lifestyle/is-barron-trump-autistic-some-dare-to-ask-whether-president-trumps-son-battles-autism/2305.html

I mean Trump is speaking out on Autism and vaccines, Melania is speaking out on bullying, cyber bulling of children and will make it one of her key issues as First Lady apparently.

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2017, 11:43:07 AM »
Oh brother. When you have to stretch that far . . . desperate. Sad.

With all due respect, Dave, you can wave your hand and use dismissive words to put me down,
like "sad" and "desperate." You can dismiss the definition of the word schmaltz I used by labeling
it "my definition" when it comes from a standard dictionary. You can point out that you are using
(sarcasm) as though I wouldn't get it, and dismiss my 'acquired over time' meaning of the word
as "nonsense," as though no word's meaning ever changes over time. What a gay notion.

I know that people have different tastes when it comes to films, or most anything really, and
that it's useless to try and change someone's opinion of a film they don't like, at least in the
moment, so I won't try to change yours, which you state almost as fact instead of opinion.

I find that if I don't like a film but audiences and/or critics really do, I give serious thought about
why that might be. Your blanket statements about La La Land are, in fact, opinions that most do
not share. Even the London critics, who often can be notoriously harsh on a film, embraced it when
it opened in Britain this weekend, I believe.

What's really sad is that their fatal review headlines (sarcasm) mean nothing to you and roll off your back like acid rain:

The Telegraph:
La La Land Review: You'll Leave with a Tear in Your Eye and a Song in Your Heart

The Guardian:
La La Land  – Gosling and Stone Sparkle in a Gorgeous Musical Romance

The Daily Mail:
La La Land: Uplifting, Charming and Sweetly Romantic

Perhaps you are just a disciple of Mary Poppins:
"Practically perfect people never permit sentiment to muddle their thinking.”

Offline Pepe1

• Expert
« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2017, 11:52:40 AM »

I find that if I don't like a film but audiences and/or critics really do, I give serious thought about
why that might be.

Crash - best picture winner!

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1144992-crash/

Offline Dave Cullen

• Author/Journalist
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • Founder, Editor
    • Columbine
« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2017, 12:47:57 PM »
With all due respect, Dave, you can wave your hand and use dismissive words to put me down,
like "sad" and "desperate." You can dismiss the definition of the word schmaltz I used by labeling
it "my definition" when it comes from a standard dictionary. You can point out that you are using
(sarcasm) as though I wouldn't get it, and dismiss my 'acquired over time' meaning of the word
as "nonsense," as though no word's meaning ever changes over time. What a gay notion.

So much BS, word-twisting and mind reading--and martyrdom!--in such a short space. Enough said. Definitely not worth unraveling all that misinformation.

Offline Dave Cullen

• Author/Journalist
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • Founder, Editor
    • Columbine
« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2017, 12:49:00 PM »
Crash - best picture winner!

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1144992-crash/

hahaha. well said!

i happen to hate that film, and i couldn't care less that some lavished praised on it.

Offline Dave Cullen

• Author/Journalist
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • Founder, Editor
    • Columbine
« Reply #59 on: January 14, 2017, 12:59:41 PM »
I have read it all over the place and of course the "infamous video", which I am not sure is on line any longer, I think it was taken down.  Here is a recent article:

http://www.smobserved.com/story/2016/12/25/lifestyle/is-barron-trump-autistic-some-dare-to-ask-whether-president-trumps-son-battles-autism/2305.html

I mean Trump is speaking out on Autism and vaccines, Melania is speaking out on bullying, cyber bulling of children and will make it one of her key issues as First Lady apparently.

Interesting. Thanks. I had no idea that was out there. (Though I shouldn't be surprised. Everything leaks now.)