The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: News and Current Events - 2017 - 2022  (Read 764042 times)

Offline morrobay

• Quiet Storm
  • Obsessed
  • ...suspended above ordinary affairs...
Re: News and Current Events - 2017
« Reply #120 on: January 19, 2017, 06:08:25 PM »
Nancy Sinatra not happy Trump using father's song at inauguration
By Caroline Kenny, CNN
Updated 12:20 PM ET, Thu January 19, 2017

Washington (CNN)Famed singer Frank Sinatra's eldest daughter, Nancy Sinatra, has never been a fan of President-elect Donald Trump.

Now that he's about the assume the presidency, the younger Sinatra let the world know how she feels about one of her father's famous songs being used in the inauguration festivities.

According to inauguration chairman Tom Barrack, Trump and his wife, Melania, have selected "My Way" by Frank Sinatra for their first dance as the first couple at the Liberty Ball on Inauguration Day.

Nancy Sinatra, when asked for a response about the song selection on Twitter, said: "Just remember the first line of the song."

The first line of the song is, "And now, the end is near."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/19/politics/nancy-sinatra-donald-trump-my-way/
Bye, Felicia

"What a maroon."  Bugs Bunny

"I try to be good...I only manage it in streaks."

Offline fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #121 on: January 19, 2017, 06:50:15 PM »
May the first line be prophetic.

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline Pepe1

• Expert
« Reply #122 on: January 19, 2017, 08:28:10 PM »

Anti-Trump Rally Cops Fire Pepper Spray ... Trump Supporters Attacked

Police and anti-Donald Trump protesters are clashing in a rally that began outside the Trump International Hotel in Washington D.C.

The protest started at the hotel, and then marched through D.C. to the National Press Club several blocks away. Once there ... pepper spray was fired into the crowd, and protesters started trying to break through police lines.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/01/19/anti-trump-rally-washington-dc-violence/

Offline Pepe1

• Expert
« Reply #123 on: January 20, 2017, 08:21:39 AM »
Nancy Sinatra not happy Trump using father's song at inauguration
By Caroline Kenny, CNN
Updated 12:20 PM ET, Thu January 19, 2017

Nancy Sinatra, when asked for a response about the song selection on Twitter, said: "Just remember the first line of the song."

The first line of the song is, "And now, the end is near."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/19/politics/nancy-sinatra-donald-trump-my-way/

Nancy Sinatra had some strong words for CNN after the news outlet published an article on its website with the headline “Nancy Sinatra not happy Trump using father's song at inauguration.”

..Sinatra was not happy with CNN’s story. She tweeted a link to the article and replied, “That's not true. I never said that. Why do you lie, CNN?”

“Actually I'm wishing him the best. A good president helps the entire world. I don't believe anyone tries to be a bad president.”

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/01/20/nancy-sinatra-slams-cnn-for-anti-trump-spin-on-story-about-her-humorous-tweet.html

Good for you Ms. Sinatra, did I mention I hate fake news?

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
« Reply #124 on: January 20, 2017, 10:13:20 AM »
As I begin to write this, the clock on my office PC indicates that it is 12:12 p.m. EST, so I guess we have a new President.

May God have mercy on the United States of America,

Offline Pepe1

• Expert
« Reply #125 on: January 20, 2017, 10:17:23 AM »
As I begin to write this, the clock on my office PC indicates that it is 12:12 p.m. EST, so I guess we have a new President.

May God have mercy on the United States of America,

Yep he is the President, giving his speech right now - sounds kind of preachy actually.  Especially with all the past Presidents sitting there.

On a shallow note Melania looks stunning!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
« Reply #126 on: January 20, 2017, 10:23:59 AM »

There was a picture in this morning's paper of the two of them getting off an airplane, and the heels she was wearing looked a mile high!  :laugh:

I don't see how women manage shoes like that, but never mind!  :laugh:

Offline morrobay

• Quiet Storm
  • Obsessed
« Reply #127 on: January 20, 2017, 12:32:46 PM »
Bye, Felicia

Offline morrobay

• Quiet Storm
  • Obsessed
« Reply #128 on: January 20, 2017, 12:39:30 PM »

one of the women commentators said she was reminiscent of Jacqueline Kennedy...I'm sure Mrs. Kennedy is rolling in her grave at that comparison. 
Bye, Felicia

Offline Pepe1

• Expert
« Reply #129 on: January 20, 2017, 01:41:14 PM »
Everyone and every head line said she was channeling Jackie.   And she was, she was stunning!

Flawless First Lady: Melania Trump  is a vision in baby-blue Ralph Lauren as she channels Jackie Kennedy in an elegant dress and gloves for the inauguration

Melania Trump has selected a baby blue dress and jacket for her husband's swearing in ceremony

The look was designed by Ralph Lauren and is double-faced cashmere mock-turtleneck dress that is being worn under a short jacket with a bold collar

She accessorized her outfit with a pair of heels, clutch and elbow-length gloves that were all the same hue of blue

The 46-year-old made the decision to keep everything else simple, choosing to play up her natural beauty by sweeping her hair into a loose undo

Melania's outfit and gloves created a silhouette which made it clear that she was channeling Jacqueline Kennedy

The incoming First Lady also carried Tiffany blue with her on Friday, presenting a gift from the jeweler to Michelle Obama when they met at the White House

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4140436/Melania-Trump-channels-Jackie-Kennedy-inauguration.html#ixzz4WKvSWlo8
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #130 on: January 20, 2017, 02:43:06 PM »

After delivering a plagiarized speech at the convention, we knew she'd have to copy someone.

Something tells me that if you were in Nazi Germany in the 30's,
you'd have remarked the same statement about Eva Braun.

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #131 on: January 20, 2017, 02:45:19 PM »
Anti-Trump Rally Cops Fire Pepper Spray ... Trump Supporters Attacked

I'm glad to see today that you are posting news items from those bastions of "truth, justice and the American Way;"
what seem to be mostly your primary news sources: Fox and TMZ.

What you might like to take into consideration is this item passed out to all anti-Trump demonstration ralliers,
online and in person:

(These are intended to be peaceful gatherings but there have been many intimations that infiltrators will try to
incite violence and make it look like the protestors caused it. Use your own judgment on this one.)

Republicans play the victim game to the hilt, both mentally and physically. Trump's favorite word is: Unfair.
Examples are numerous and plentiful. Think about it.

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #132 on: January 20, 2017, 02:47:10 PM »

Britain's The Guardian newspaper had this to say about Donald "J. for Jumanji" Trump's inauguration campaign speech.

--His inaugural address sounded like any speech at a Trump rally. The scene was a campaign event writ large, with a massive cheering crowd of white people wearing “Make America Great Again” red caps. Like his tone as a candidate, the new president’s voice was angry and dripping with pessimism. Like his speech at the Republican convention, President Trump drew a dark picture of a country under siege from foreign trade competitors, Muslim terrorists and Washington insiders. There were no grace notes.

His base no doubt loved it. But there was no reassurance or olive branch extended to the majority of Americans who did not vote for him. While he named President Bill Clinton, there was no mention of his wife, the vanquished opponent. There were no good wishes extended to President George HW Bush or his wife, who were hospitalized, but did not endorse him. The man does not seem capable of being magnanimous.

Indeed, after calling the Obamas “magnificent,” he was then overtly rude to them, portraying a do-nothing Washington that had betrayed the people and enriched itself. Meanwhile, the unprepared billionaires who displayed their ignorance at hearings last week await confirmation to his cabinet. In a gratuitous slap that echoed his wild and crazy insult to Rep John Lewis on Twitter, he lambasted politicians, presumably all the Democrats on the reviewing stand behind him, who “complain” but fail to get things done.

And the biggest lie of all when the narcissist proclaimed, “I will never let you down.”

He already has.

Offline morrobay

• Quiet Storm
  • Obsessed
« Reply #133 on: January 20, 2017, 02:52:30 PM »

After delivering a plagiarized speech at the convention, we knew she'd have to copy someone.

Something tells me that if you were in Nazi Germany in the 30's,
you'd have remarked the same statement about Eva Braun.

Bye, Felicia

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #134 on: January 20, 2017, 02:53:57 PM »
Comparison: Donald Trump and Barack Obama’s inauguration crowds

One question ahead of today’s Inauguration Day ceremonies: How will the crowds at Trump’s swearing-in compare to crowds for other presidents?

Trump organizers said earlier this week they expected about 800,000 people to attend Friday’s festivities on the National Mall — “fewer than half the 1.8 million people who attended President Barack Obama’s first inauguration in 2009,”

Another view: Here’s a side-by-side of crowds during President Barack Obama’s inauguration in 2009 and Donald Trump’s inauguration in 2017, taken at 11:49:43, minutes before Donald Trump took the oath of office.

"Life can only be understood backwards. Unfortunately, it must be lived forward."
... Kierkegaard