The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: News and Current Events - 2017 - 2022  (Read 753070 times)

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
Re: News and Current Events - 2017
« Reply #1785 on: April 03, 2018, 07:56:07 PM »
Police in Northern California say they are responding to an incident involving an "active shooter" at YouTube headquarters.

Gunshots were reported at the company's campus in San Bruno, south of San Francisco.

Several people have been taken to hospital but their condition is unknown.

US media are reporting a female suspect is dead, citing law enforcement sources.

This campus is about 1/2 a mile from where I used to live when I first moved to CA. In San Bruno. I passed it a lot as it was a little down the street from where I walked Killer and Tootsie. I recognized all of it when I saw the coverage on the national news.

It's also not very far from where the huge gas explosion took place in a nearby neighborhood in September 2010. From my house the explosion felt like an earthquake and shook the house. It was horrendous.
"Life can only be understood backwards. Unfortunately, it must be lived forward."
... Kierkegaard

Offline fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #1786 on: April 09, 2018, 03:16:19 PM »
Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • Official Diner "Recapper"!
« Reply #1787 on: April 09, 2018, 04:51:23 PM »
I haven't read about that yet, but it came up on my news feed on Facebook.   I'll check it out soon.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
« Reply #1788 on: April 12, 2018, 06:59:18 AM »
Who does Paul Ryan think he's fooling?

Dollars to doughnuts he's not leaving the House because of his kids. He's leaving because he's going to make a run for the Presidency.

I never believed that he didn't want the Speakership, either. And he'll make the same insincere claims that he doesn't want to run for President that he made when he was chosen Speaker.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 08:01:51 AM by Jeff Wrangler »

Offline fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #1789 on: April 12, 2018, 07:34:15 AM »
When he made a show of scrubbing already clean pots at a shelter along with his family, I knew what kind of individual he was. Not attractive at all.

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline Flyboy

• A gentle word will calm the wrath...
  • Obsessed
« Reply #1790 on: April 12, 2018, 07:50:23 AM »
Well, Fritz, what can I say?? So MUCH of our lives are 'staged' today......look at all those reality shows people get hooked on? bwwwaaahhhaaaa....and some of the poor souls BELIEVE it's all REAL!!? seriously......it's almost worse than people believing in Soap Operas way back when, or STILL today for all I know!!? When I was in College, students had those daytime Soaps on ALL THE TIME!! Students would be hooked on them, and spent HOURS discussing what each character would do or say the next episode!! hilarious!!  :D :D :D

I like to watch HGTV when I'm on the machines at the fitness center, but even those shows irritate me a 'little' cause everything is staged......none of those 'stars' ever DO anything to really get dirty remodeling all those homes, but I like to see the ideas they come up with.........LOL!! I've got a sledge hammer, maybe I'll have a demolition day here! And film it.......

okay, sorry to prattle on and on.......I do remember when Liz Taylor was married to John Warner, the Senator? She was TRULY eating all the BBQ and FRIED CHICKEN on the campaign trail with him!! Loved that about her........so real....even all gussied-up she was still an EARTHY GAL!!

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #1791 on: April 12, 2018, 12:35:20 PM »

Tribute to Paul Ryan with a Parody of “Crying"
from LATE NIGHT with Seth Meyers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4u-mdTyYDY

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #1792 on: April 17, 2018, 06:46:04 PM »
Just got the news alert that Barbara Bush has passed away at 92. May she rest in peace and thoughts and prayers to her family.

She was a tremendous woman and an amazing First Lady.

One of the stories they talked about was her going to a hospital in the late 80's that was a center for treating infants with AIDS and spent a long amount of time cuddling these infants, to prove to people that one cannot catch aids by just touching someone with it.
"Life can only be understood backwards. Unfortunately, it must be lived forward."
... Kierkegaard

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
« Reply #1793 on: April 18, 2018, 11:49:25 AM »
Barbara Bush was the only woman to see both her husband and her son sworn in as President of the United States.

(Abigail Adams was dead before J.Q. became President. On the other hand, John Adams live to see his son President. J.Q. became President in 1825, and John Adams [and Thomas Jefferson] died July 4, 1826.)

Offline morrobay

• Quiet Storm
  • Obsessed
  • ...suspended above ordinary affairs...
« Reply #1794 on: April 22, 2018, 01:53:28 PM »
Naked Gunman Kills 4 In Waffle House Shooting
April 22, 20181:03 PM ET

Nashville Police are warning residents to keep their doors locked and their eyes open for a partially nude man following a shooting early Sunday morning that left four people dead.

A man wearing only a green jacket shot three people dead at a Waffle House. One person later died at a hospital where two others are being treated for injuries. Police say the suspect fled on foot, and is still on the loose. Eye witnesses tell police he stripped his jacket off near the restaurant, went back to his nearby apartment and put on a pair of pants. He was last seen wearing only black pants.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/04/22/604748009/naked-gunman-kills-4-in-waffle-house-shooting
Bye, Felicia

"What a maroon."  Bugs Bunny

"I try to be good...I only manage it in streaks."

Offline morrobay

• Quiet Storm
  • Obsessed
« Reply #1795 on: April 22, 2018, 02:20:23 PM »
This guy obviously had mental problems...if the father gave him his guns back, the father should be charged with aiding and abetting.

Nashville shooting suspect arrested last year near White House
Nation Apr 22, 2018 10:46 AM EDT — Updated on Apr 22, 2018 3:45 PM ED

NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Authorities say the suspect in a deadly shooting at a restaurant in Nashville was arrested last year by the U.S. Secret Service for being in a restricted area near the White House.

Metro Nashville Police Department spokesman Don Aaron said 29-year-old Travis Reinking’s firearms authorization was then revoked at the request of the FBI, and four weapons were seized, including the AK-15 that he allegedly used in the shooting at the Waffle House restaurant early Sunday. Four people were killed.

Aaron says the four guns were returned to the suspect’s father, who acknowledged giving them back to his son.

Police have the AK-15 and another gun found during a search earlier Sunday. But two other guns are unaccounted for. Aaron says Reinking is still at large following the 3:25 a.m. shooting and could possibly be armed with the two guns.

Bye, Felicia

Offline morrobay

• Quiet Storm
  • Obsessed
« Reply #1796 on: April 22, 2018, 02:22:11 PM »
Hero customer ambushes Waffle House killer and wrests away his assault-style rifle

(CNN)As soon as he heard the gunshots, James Shaw Jr. bolted and hid in a restroom. But he didn't lose sight of the gunman.

And the moment the shooter paused, police said, Shaw decided to ambush him.

That heroic act by a customer saved countless lives at a Nashville-area Waffle House, where a seminude gunman killed four people early Sunday morning.

"He saw the gunman looking at his rifle. At that point, the shots had stopped," Metro Nashville police spokesman Don Aaron said.

"So he decided to rush the gunman, actually wrestled that assault rifle away, tossed it over the counter. At that point, the gunman then fled."

Shaw suffered minor injuries in the melee, including cuts and an injured elbow.
Bye, Felicia

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • Official Diner "Recapper"!
« Reply #1797 on: April 22, 2018, 03:17:21 PM »
God bless James Shaw Jr.  and condolences to the families of the four who lost their lives.

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #1798 on: April 22, 2018, 08:45:56 PM »
This guy obviously had mental problems...if the father gave him his guns back, the father should be charged with aiding and abetting.

I totally agree with you, Nancy. The father should be charged as well.
... Kierkegaard

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #1799 on: April 23, 2018, 10:57:12 AM »
^^^

Did they find this guy yet?
___

Re: Barbara Bush

I met her once thirty years ago and shook her hand.