The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: Greetings for Deja Vu (Debbie)  (Read 228 times)

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
Greetings for Deja Vu (Debbie)
« on: April 27, 2017, 04:07:51 PM »
Hiya Brokies!

We know that our fellow member here,  Deja Vu, has had some difficult time as of late.  She was traveling to Colorado and back to Pennsylvania, trying to help her mother, who was in declining health, and recently passed away.

Debbie occasionally checks the forum at the library (she has no lap top, and her mother had no computer) while in Colorado,  and appreciates the support the members here give her.

This thread is a temporary thread, for people to leave greetings for Debbie while she's away.  Once she's back home, we'll archive the thread.

This IS NOT a chat thread, it's set up for greetings to leave for Debbie, whether a big one, or just a "I thought of you today".

You may post as often as you like, and may post pics, as long as they conform to forum rules. 

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
Re: Greetings for Deja Vu (Debbie)
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 04:09:27 PM »
Hello Debbie!

I got your text the other night, good luck finishing the needlepoint!   I'm sure you're missing being at home, just be patient, you'll be home soon.

Take care  of yourself, and we'll be  here when you get back.

Offline ingmarnicebbmt

• THE MAKER MAKES
  • Obsessed
  • FOR HEAVEN's JAKE ! Jakeing off at Jakea.
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 04:14:25 PM »

Hello Debbie!

Thinking of you fondly, and missing you a lot in the Diner.

Hope that things are working out your way - without worries. Just the way you planned it.

Greetings

Ingy

:)
WISE UP

Ing Kräddi Böll & Ingmariposa & Ingelspringel & Ingalicious & IngWriter & Annbilivöbäll WORD WIZARD

sausage-on-a-roll-poster & charkuterimästare

"And maybe, he thought, they'd never got much farther than that."

Online fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2017, 04:32:06 PM »
Hey Debbie, missing you too.

Earl has been doing a lot more wrestling with a number of new guys, and has been happier than I've seen him in a long time. It's great!

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline Jenny

• Reads a lot
  • Obsessed
  • We're not obsessed, we're just intensely focused!
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2017, 04:59:49 PM »
Hello Debbie! I've been thinking of you a lot and wondering how you are doing. I hope everything is going smoothly and you'll be home soon. I miss you! Take care of yourself and be well. :)
Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love – time is eternity.

A friend is what the heart needs all the time.

Henry van Dyke

Offline suelyblu

• Striped socks and dusty shoes
  • Obsessed
    • suelyblu
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2017, 07:27:02 PM »
Hi Debbie,
Though I don't post on the "Neighbours" thread very often...I do wander over there
regularly ...and I did notice you had been "missing" for a while. Only just heard
the sad news about your mom.

Hope you will be back home and back on the Forum as soon as possible.

You're in my thoughts and prayers. Take care.

Fondest regards,
Sue (Suelyblu) xoxoxo
"I  know that ghosts have wondered on the earth,
 Be with me always. Take any form. Drive me mad,
 only do not leave me in the dark alone, where I cannot
 find you.
 I cannot live without my life.
 I cannot die without my soul.

Offline Sason

• The Proverbial Swenglish Axegirl
  • Obsessed
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2017, 01:21:14 PM »
Hi Debbie,

yes, you are missed in the diner. I hope things are going smoothly for you in Denver, so that you can return to your own home soon.

While taking care of everything out there, don't forget to take care of ourself too.

See you when you get back!

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline morrobay

• Quiet Storm
  • Obsessed
  • ...suspended above ordinary affairs...
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2017, 04:55:48 PM »
Hi Debbie,
like everyone, I'm hoping that things go smoothly for you during this hard time, and that you're able to get back home soon. 

Sonja's comment to take care of yourself is very wise...it's difficult, but try not to overdo things.

Nancy
If a man should importune me to give a reason why I loved him, I find it could no otherwise be expressed, than by making answer: because it was he, because it was I.
Michel de Montaigne

Offline atruant

• Obsessed
  • Brokeback is STILL affecting me......
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2017, 11:26:22 AM »
Hi Debbie!

Thank you for your note to Chuck and me before you left Bensalem to go back out west.

I hope you and your sister are making good progress on settling all your Mom's affairs. I know it's a long process and not much fun. Hope you will be able to return home soon!!

Take care and best wishes,
John and Chuck
John and Chuck -
Ennis and Jack got us together.

Offline Sara B

• Obsessed
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2017, 08:20:14 AM »
Very best wishes from me too, Debbie, and I hope you're getting things worked out.

I thought of you the other day when I found a box that hadn't been unpacked since we moved here 6 years ago! It was full of sewing things and wool, and included four finished tapestries that hadn't been made up into cushions. Three of them were Ehrmanns. I had been wondering what a had happened to them! The box was at the back of a very dark cupboard.

Hope you'll be back before too long. :-*
There were only the two of them on the mountain flying in the euphoric, bitter air, looking down on the hawk's back and the crawling lights of vehicles on the plain below, suspended above ordinary affairs....

Online dejavu

• may the snowy egret live
  • Obsessed
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2017, 11:22:08 AM »
Hello Debbie!

I got your text the other night, good luck finishing the needlepoint!   I'm sure you're missing being at home, just be patient, you'll be home soon.

Take care  of yourself, and we'll be  here when you get back.

Thanks for setting up this thread, Chuck.  I actually didn't have a chance to check it out until getting home, but am doing so now.

I did finish the owl needlepoint while in Colorado, except for adding two rows of stitches around the border so it could possibly be made into a cushion without losing any of the design.  It was awfully sad, though, to pack it up to mail it home, but now it is here with me in PA and I'll add those extra stiches and work on displaying it someday.

Thanks to everyone for posting here.   :)  Makes me feel really at home to see all your messages.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 11:44:22 AM by dejavu »
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Online dejavu

• Obsessed
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2017, 11:24:04 AM »
Hello Debbie! I've been thinking of you a lot and wondering how you are doing. I hope everything is going smoothly and you'll be home soon. I miss you! Take care of yourself and be well. :)

Hi, Jenny.  I miss you, too.  Hope you are doing well.

Maybe we can get together in September, or later in October before it gets cold.
Jack's from Texas.

Online dejavu

• Obsessed
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2017, 11:40:52 AM »
Hi Debbie!

Thank you for your note to Chuck and me before you left Bensalem to go back out west.

I hope you and your sister are making good progress on settling all your Mom's affairs. I know it's a long process and not much fun. Hope you will be able to return home soon!!

Take care and best wishes,
John and Chuck

Thanks, John.

My sister and I have made a lot of progress, except on the land my mother owned in Texas (it was once part of my Granddaddy's small hobby farm, and there are still a few cows). 

I now own my mom's old house in Colorado, and I have wonderful renters who are taking excellent care of the place, fixing up the things which had been neglected for too long.  The renters have a large extended family of grand-kids, and the house with its patio and side yard seems very suitable for them (much more so than for me).  It would be nice if they stayed longer than just the one year of the lease, but that remains to be seen. 
Jack's from Texas.