The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: The Diner - Volume 36  (Read 69555 times)

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
Re: The Diner - Volume 36
« Reply #13125 on: July 13, 2018, 08:22:45 PM »
Of course it's not.   *angry face for Auntie*

Thanks, Chuck!! UGH!
Nature has cunning ways of finding our weakest spot.
Call Me By Your Name

Offline dejavu

• may the snowy egret live
  • Obsessed
« Reply #13126 on: July 13, 2018, 08:27:41 PM »
I just finished supper and the dishes, so I am down for the evening. The  hours nap helped SO MUCH.
I am sorry about your headache. Heat causes me to have them as well.

Thanks, Linda.  Still here,  for a minute.

I had to go down and bring up clean laundry, fold it, start the dishwasher, put water bottles in the frig, clean the powder room bathroom in case the storm door man wants to use it, and on and on.

It helps to sit for a minute now, but I'll be going to bed soon because I'll have to set the alarm, although not quite as early as today.

I am sorry that you are not getting any rain right over your own head, Linda.  This is the monsoon season, so I guess it's now or never, so I sure hope it happens soon.

Good night, and good night to Chuck, too.

Hope to see you sometime tomorrow.
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #13127 on: July 13, 2018, 08:32:00 PM »
Hey all, Just got a message from Fritz. He talked to Earl, and they are mostly sure from the CAT scan that it is just a hematoma or an abcess.  They are going to schedule a biopsy, but aren't as concerned about it as they were. Fritz is very relieved and I think will have a better time with his gathering. He wanted me to let you all know.
He is parked for the night.

I am so relieved as well.
Nature has cunning ways of finding our weakest spot.
Call Me By Your Name

Online CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
« Reply #13128 on: July 13, 2018, 08:46:16 PM »
That's great news!  Thanks for posting it, Auntie!!

Safe travels, Fritzie!!!

Offline dejavu

• Obsessed
« Reply #13129 on: July 13, 2018, 08:47:18 PM »
Hey all, Just got a message from Fritz. He talked to Earl, and they are mostly sure from the CAT scan that it is just a hematoma or an abcess.  They are going to schedule a biopsy, but aren't as concerned about it as they were. Fritz is very relieved and I think will have a better time with his gathering. He wanted me to let you all know.
He is parked for the night.

I am so relieved as well.

Still here, Linda (can't seem to get out of here).

That's such good news to hear, about Earl.  Such a relief!

And it's good to know that Fritz is safe and sound at this hour, too.

Thanks for letting us know.

On my way to bed now, for sure.
Jack's from Texas.

Offline Flyboy

• A gentle word will calm the wrath...
  • Obsessed
« Reply #13130 on: July 13, 2018, 09:35:29 PM »
evening Diners! I'm on here, and watching KC play the White Sox, losing right now, 7-2, but you NEVER know, do  you?? LOL....KC is having a truly BAD YEAR!! probably be glad when the agony is over......I know the fans will be glad too..........

We're supposed to get RAIN for the next 7 days, starting here in an hour or so.............we'll see..........we need it, or I do anyway!! My garden has been a bust so far this year, NOTHING like last year at all. I have ONE pepper set on, a few cukes, and my taters are ready to dig up, but I've only gotten small ones so far.......may have to just grill them on a shish kebab and be done with them......

Offline Flyboy

• A gentle word will calm the wrath...
  • Obsessed
« Reply #13131 on: July 13, 2018, 09:36:50 PM »
gotta go check out my fav threads now..............score is 7- 6 now, hmmmm?

Offline dejavu

• Obsessed
« Reply #13132 on: July 14, 2018, 08:44:47 AM »
... my taters are ready to dig up, but I've only gotten small ones so far.......may have to just grill them on a shish kebab and be done with them......

LOL

Poor taters!

Sorry about the garden, Jonn, and sorry about KC too, unless they managed to catch up all the way.
Jack's from Texas.

Offline dejavu

• Obsessed
« Reply #13133 on: July 14, 2018, 09:11:18 AM »
Good morning, Diners.  Hope everyone is doing well today.

My screen/storm door man is here, and before he started his work, he helped me get the new microwave out of the box and up on the counter.  All I have to do is assemble the inside parts, and plug it in. 

And read the instructions first  :laugh: which I will do later, because I really don't feel too well in my head this morning....remnants of too much heat, and last night's headache.

I've done a lot of work this morning, like rolling sock balls  ::) and emptying the dishwasher, but reading will have to wait.
Jack's from Texas.

Online CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
« Reply #13134 on: July 14, 2018, 10:56:24 AM »
Hello Diners!

Hope everyone is well today!

Online CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
« Reply #13135 on: July 14, 2018, 10:57:13 AM »
We're supposed to get RAIN for the next 7 days, starting here in an hour or so.............we'll see..........we need it, or I do anyway!! My garden has been a bust so far this year, NOTHING like last year at all. I have ONE pepper set on, a few cukes, and my taters are ready to dig up, but I've only gotten small ones so far.......may have to just grill them on a shish kebab and be done with them......

Feast or famine for you regarding rain, isn't it Jonn?

Online CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
« Reply #13136 on: July 14, 2018, 11:00:12 AM »
My screen/storm door man is here, and before he started his work, he helped me get the new microwave out of the box and up on the counter.  All I have to do is assemble the inside parts, and plug it in. 

And read the instructions first  :laugh: which I will do later, because I really don't feel too well in my head this morning....remnants of too much heat, and last night's headache.

I've done a lot of work this morning, like rolling sock balls  ::) and emptying the dishwasher, but reading will have to wait.

Hello Debs!  Glad to hear that the screen door man showed up, and that he helped you with the microwave!

Online CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
« Reply #13137 on: July 14, 2018, 11:01:30 AM »
Mom and dad are away this weekend, so I'm thinking I'll go to their house today to do the laundry, and check on the cat.

I'll be able to spend tomorrow at home just relaxing.

Offline dejavu

• Obsessed
« Reply #13138 on: July 14, 2018, 11:36:24 AM »

Hello Debs!  Glad to hear that the screen door man showed up, and that he helped you with the microwave!

Good afternoon, Chuck.

The screen door man has the new front porch screen on, and is working on the other front screen (from the driveway into the small room).

But I realized that my new A/C in the small room is not working.  It was 84 in there when they left last night, and supposed to cool down.  It was 71 this morning, but rose to 72, 73, then 78 around lunch time.  79 and I dug out the A/C owner's cell number and called.  He's sending someone over to look at it now.  The temp is back to 80 in that room at the moment, and the afternoon isn't even at its hottest point.

Today I remembered to move my prescription medicines into the kitchen, because they're supposed to be kept below a certain temp, and that library room is too hot for them.
Jack's from Texas.

Offline dejavu

• Obsessed
« Reply #13139 on: July 14, 2018, 11:36:41 AM »
Mom and dad are away this weekend, so I'm thinking I'll go to their house today to do the laundry, and check on the cat.

I'll be able to spend tomorrow at home just relaxing.

The cat will be glad to see you, probably.    ;D

And the laundry always needs to be done.
Jack's from Texas.