The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: What Movie Did You Watch This Weekend? The Third.  (Read 25606 times)

Offline gattaca

• Obsessed
  • How do you hide when you are running from yourself
Re: What Movie Did You Watch This Weekend? The Third.
« Reply #690 on: April 14, 2019, 03:16:43 PM »
Saw "Apollo 11" at the IMAX.  If you are a space buff, then this film is a must see.   It's an amazing piece of work which was assembled and digitized with that todd-ao film they uncovered recently in the national archives.  There are sections of the film synced up with the recordings which were just amazing.

From Ebert's site, ""Apollo 11" isn't like other documentaries about the first moon mission. In fact it isn't like most other movies, period. It's magnificent and unique, an adrenaline shot of wonder and skill."

Apollo 11 --> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8760684/
Apollo 11 review --> https://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/apollo-11-2019

V.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
« Reply #691 on: April 15, 2019, 07:32:32 AM »
I haven't seen Clue since it was in theaters and so I really don't remember which ending I saw.
But when it came out for rental they put all three endings on it.

I've never even played the game, but it seems to me it's become such a part of culture that even someone like me gets it when it's referred to in some kind of joking situation: "Miss Scarlett in the library with a candlestick," that sort of thing.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
« Reply #692 on: April 15, 2019, 07:44:03 AM »
I was in a good mood Saturday evening, so after dinner I fell back on one of my go-to movies for when I'm in a good mood: Moonstruck. God, I love that movie! What's not to like about a movie whose theme song is Dean Martin singing That's Amore?  :D

Reminds me: The local opera company is doing La Boheme next week.  ;D

(I'll admit there is one thing about this movie that always does give me a moment of sadness and now, I think, really marks it as a "period piece": Since it's mainly set in Brooklyn, you can see the Twin Towers across the river in Manhattan.)

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #693 on: April 15, 2019, 10:05:55 AM »
Since this past weekend was the Titanic anniversary I revisited both A Night to Remember and the 1997 Titanic films this weekend.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 10:08:04 AM by Lyle (Mooska) »