The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: The Diner - Volume 37  (Read 43855 times)

Offline dejavu

• may the snowy egret live
  • Obsessed
Re: The Diner - Volume 37
« Reply #10425 on: November 09, 2018, 11:36:26 AM »
Yes, Monday is the Federal and bank holiday, though of course all Veterans Day observances will be held on Sunday. Haven't heard whether there will be one for GLBT veterans at Congressional Cemetery in DC yet, so probably there won't be one this year.

I assume that the Remembrance Day holiday in Canada will be on Monday this year also?

Thanks, Fritz.  I was thinking about when a check could get to my brother, and I'm not going out today and will be busy tomorrow.  So probably Tuesday would be the earliest day that it would get in the mail.

I just went to bring in my mail, and that was enough.  Thinking about ordering a pasta with meat sauce delivered.  Then there are plenty of other things to work on inside the house.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 12:45:57 PM by dejavu »
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline dejavu

• Obsessed
« Reply #10426 on: November 09, 2018, 11:37:38 AM »
Even though it's raining a bit here, Earl decided to walk to the hospital anyway, he's got a good raincoat and a good hat to keep water off his glasses.

He's getting brave!   ;D
Jack's from Texas.

Online fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #10427 on: November 09, 2018, 11:41:09 AM »
Yes indeed, I'm amazed!

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schn..."

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #10428 on: November 09, 2018, 12:11:12 PM »
Hey Linda!  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*

Yeah, not good at all. Hope Wimbush is up to it.

Hey y'all, cloudy cool and drizzly here, not very pleasant. Earl is definitely showing more fatigue from the radiation treatment, but is still in fairly good spirits. Hoping for the best.

I hope so too, Fritz. :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*
It got down to 25F/-4C last night. The weather people didn't call for it to be that cold, but I think the wind died down. It is sunny and cold today.

I am sorry that Earl is feeling the effects of of the radiation, Fritz. I hope he takes it easy.
Nature has cunning ways of finding our weakest spot.
Call Me By Your Name

Offline brian

• Obsessed
« Reply #10429 on: November 09, 2018, 12:22:21 PM »
Yes, Monday is the Federal and bank holiday, though of course all Veterans Day observances will be held on Sunday. Haven't heard whether there will be one for GLBT veterans at Congressional Cemetery in DC yet, so probably there won't be one this year.

I assume that the Remembrance Day holiday in Canada will be on Monday this year also?
We do not have a holiday for Armistice Day (Anzac Day April 25 is our big remembrance day) but it will be big this year being 100 years. I plan to attend the service at our City War memorial and videotape the big one being held in Auckland. Then I plan to go to see the Movie by Peter Jackson which colourised and restored World War I footage, drawing on the director's exclusive access to the Imperial War Museum's film archive as well as BBC archives.
https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/entertainment/2018/09/video-first-trailer-for-peter-jackson-s-they-shall-not-grow-old.html
It is opening in NZ on Sunday.
Prince William went to the Premiere in London last month. I think I had better book online even though it costs more.

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #10430 on: November 09, 2018, 12:23:44 PM »
Well, I was waiting to see if it spread. Leela woke up on Tuesday throwing up. Then yesterday mom started and her mom had it too, (she took care of Leela Tuesday and Wednesday), and then Lilia woke up sick this morning, and now me!!! Quadruple UGH!!

Headache, fever, and sick stomach. Luckily it seems to be only a 24 hour bug.  I was really hoping I would avoid it.
Call Me By Your Name

Offline brian

• Obsessed
« Reply #10431 on: November 09, 2018, 12:34:13 PM »
Kia Ora
I saw 'Bohemian Rhapsody' and enjoyed it. I did not even look at my watch until the last 10 minutes. Of course I knew and liked many of the songs but, if you had asked me the day before, I would not have been able to tell you which ones were sung by Queen. Except for the Beatles and possibly the Village People I have never really followed pop artists.
It was drizzly rain most of the day. I felt sorry for the many tourists in town, obviously a ship in as there were tourist buses everywhere. But, with over 120 ships this season, some are going to have rain.
I had my haircut, did some shopping, read for a short while in the library as I had not had to wait for my haircut, went to the movie then decided to go to Subway for a late lunch (2.20pm). Restricted menu as they told me they had been very busy and sold out. Being after 3pm I had to pay for my bus ride home.
Will go to the Farmers Market this morning and it looks like fine weather so back into the gardening.

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #10432 on: November 09, 2018, 12:40:44 PM »
I'll send my push as well, Elena. I was going to get some stuff done today, but that isn't going to happen now.

Michelle I am glad you are feeling better. I hope it continues to do so.

Tony I am so sorry for the attack. It is so terrible and pointless and so many innocent people are dying.

Jonn it does sound cold there. I'm glad the wet went away and you are just dealing with the cold now. We get the wet here Sunday night and Monday.

Debbie it sounds as if you are having another busy day. I was going to have a busy day as well, but that has gone by the wayside.

I am hoping to be able to go take a nap if I can get Mom & Dad to take Lilia.
Call Me By Your Name

Offline dejavu

• Obsessed
« Reply #10433 on: November 09, 2018, 12:41:04 PM »

It got down to 25F/-4C last night. The weather people didn't call for it to be that cold, but I think the wind died down. It is sunny and cold today.

Hi, Linda.  Good to see you.   :)

Edit:  I just read your update, and I hope you can get that nap.  Sounds like you need it.
Jack's from Texas.

Offline dejavu

• Obsessed
« Reply #10434 on: November 09, 2018, 12:42:07 PM »
Well, I was waiting to see if it spread. Leela woke up on Tuesday throwing up. Then yesterday mom started and her mom had it too, (she took care of Leela Tuesday and Wednesday), and then Lilia woke up sick this morning, and now me!!! Quadruple UGH!!

Headache, fever, and sick stomach. Luckily it seems to be only a 24 hour bug.  I was really hoping I would avoid it.

Well, THAT doesn't sound like you're having a good day, Linda.   :(  Sorry to hear of all the sickness.
Jack's from Texas.

Offline dejavu

• Obsessed
« Reply #10435 on: November 09, 2018, 12:51:18 PM »

Debbie it sounds as if you are having another busy day. I was going to have a busy day as well, but that has gone by the wayside.

I am hoping to be able to go take a nap if I can get Mom & Dad to take Lilia.

Thanks, Linda.  Hope you get that nap.

Today is less busy than it was supposed to be, because it's pouring rain now and the A/C people couldn't come out.  But I'm working on another closet.

Tomorrow should be medium-busy.  The handyman is drawing up two contracts (one for one-time jobs, the other for on-call household type maintenance) and will be over tomorrow afternoon for me to sign them.  But that shouldn't take too long, I'll still be around for the ND game.

When is the game?  I wrote down 2:30 but today's paper said 7:30, I believe.
Jack's from Texas.

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #10436 on: November 09, 2018, 12:52:39 PM »
Well, THAT doesn't sound like you're having a good day, Linda.   :(  Sorry to hear of all the sickness.

Thanks Debbie. It is just running through the family like it does sometimes. Hopefully it will just be the 24 hours. I was hoping to get some stuff done today, but it doesn't look like it.
Call Me By Your Name

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #10437 on: November 09, 2018, 12:54:05 PM »
Thanks, Linda.  Hope you get that nap.

Today is less busy than it was supposed to be, because it's pouring rain now and the A/C people couldn't come out.  But I'm working on another closet.

Tomorrow should be medium-busy.  The handyman is drawing up two contracts (one for one-time jobs, the other for on-call household type maintenance) and will be over tomorrow afternoon for me to sign them.  But that shouldn't take too long, I'll still be around for the ND game.

When is the game?  I wrote down 2:30 but today's paper said 7:30, I believe.

It's at 7:30 for you and 5:30 for me.
Call Me By Your Name

Offline Flyboy

• A gentle word will calm the wrath...
  • Obsessed
« Reply #10438 on: November 09, 2018, 01:02:40 PM »
Snow! Where do you live, Jonn!? Here the weather is definitely gone nuts, we had a spring week, I even saw wasps in our balcony and big girl got stung by a mosquito last night. A friend of mine who owns a clothes shop is desperate because nobody buys winter things and a really ugly plant we have decided to throw an amazing flower for the first time since... Ever?
Smack in the middle of the USA, State o' Kansas!! Still bitterly COLD today, but some SUN out.....no more Snow though....

Offline Gazapete

• Lost in Translation
  • Obsessed
« Reply #10439 on: November 09, 2018, 01:04:21 PM »
Ouch Linda, take care and get well soon  :-*