The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: The Diner - Volume 38  (Read 69034 times)

Offline ingmarnicebbmt

• THE MAKER MAKES
  • Obsessed
  • FOR HEAVEN's JAKE ! Jakeing off at Jakea.
Re: The Diner - Volume 38
« Reply #12645 on: March 15, 2019, 11:40:36 AM »

Like what?

*waits and salivates*
WISE UP

Ing KräddiBöll & Ingmariposa & Ingelspringel & Ingicito & Ingalicious & IngWriter & Annbilivöbäll WORD WIZARD

sausage-on-a-roll-poster & charkuterimästare

And maybe, he thought, they'd never got much farther than that.

Offline Gazapete

• Lost in Translation
  • Obsessed
« Reply #12646 on: March 15, 2019, 11:46:09 AM »
I am waiting for yours, you're the writer here!  :laugh:

Offline ingmarnicebbmt

• THE MAKER MAKES
  • Obsessed
« Reply #12647 on: March 15, 2019, 11:54:30 AM »

That's why it's definitely YOUR turn! I've been writing all day, estoy cansado. Up to you now!   ;D
WISE UP

Ing KräddiBöll & Ingmariposa & Ingelspringel & Ingicito & Ingalicious & IngWriter & Annbilivöbäll WORD WIZARD

Offline Gazapete

• Lost in Translation
  • Obsessed
« Reply #12648 on: March 15, 2019, 11:56:24 AM »
Too much pressure! I think I am obtaining a reputation here that doesn't really fit with my ordinary life  :laugh:

Offline ingmarnicebbmt

• THE MAKER MAKES
  • Obsessed
« Reply #12649 on: March 15, 2019, 12:44:39 PM »

We're all dreaming of being someone else.   ;)

(And, of course, no pressure.)   ♥
WISE UP

Offline dejavu

• may the snowy egret live
  • Obsessed
« Reply #12650 on: March 15, 2019, 12:48:46 PM »
I wish it WERE winter!

It's just endless greyness - it could be any season.

Glad for your sun.

Get a box of paints, Ingy.   8)

Put some color into your life however possible.
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline dejavu

• Obsessed
« Reply #12651 on: March 15, 2019, 12:50:52 PM »
It's warm here today, Fritz, but not nearly as nice as yesterday because the wind is blowing things all over.

Got one errand done (post office), got one email reply (an explanation), and now on my way to the supermarket at last.
Jack's from Texas.

Offline ingmarnicebbmt

• THE MAKER MAKES
  • Obsessed
« Reply #12652 on: March 15, 2019, 12:53:16 PM »
Get a box of paints, Ingy.   8)
Put some color into your life however possible.

Good idea.
WISE UP

Offline ingmarnicebbmt

• THE MAKER MAKES
  • Obsessed
« Reply #12653 on: March 15, 2019, 12:53:34 PM »

Dinner time for us now. SYL

WISE UP

Offline Jenny

• Reads a lot
  • Obsessed
  • We're not obsessed, we're just intensely focused!
« Reply #12654 on: March 15, 2019, 12:57:25 PM »
I have to say, this forum has changed in so many ways the way I see the world. Everything is closer. I mean, when I heard the news this morning I had to think about Brian, and Marian. The news that had no real meaning to me a couple of years ago have suddenly turned real. When they talked about the US government lockdown I thought of Linda’s son, when they talk about Brexit I wonder how will it affect Sara, when I see the menace that the white walker behind Trump represents for the gay community I think of Fritz, of Earl, of Chuck, and so many others. And tornados will always remind me of Tony and Phong.  I think of Debbie every time I pick up the post and I will never be able to listen to Joan Baez again without thinking about you, Ingy. And socks, socks will never be the same, Jonn may agree with me 😉 This forum has reduced for me the famous six degrees of separation to three or two. Maybe that’s what we need to happen, that nobody thinks of anywhere as too far.

This is very true for me too, Elena. I follow world news much more closely, I see LGBTQ issues in a more nuanced way, I enjoy getting alternate perspectives on our news, disturbing as it is, I worry about climate change even more because I have a window on other folks' strange weather.

I also report on my hair-washing (yesterday, Ingwetter), hope for good news from Earl and John Trudell, think supportive thoughts at Linda and Debbie and Jonn, who've all had health burdens to bear, console myself that I don't have extensive house repairs and renovations like Tony and Jonn have had, and cheer Chuck on as he gets bonuses, promotions, and many strikes at bowling. I also follow the fortunes of Notre Dame's sports teams and am glad Sara is better and has a new cat.
Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love – time is eternity.

A friend is what the heart needs all the time.

Henry van Dyke

Offline fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #12655 on: March 15, 2019, 01:28:31 PM »
This is very true for me too, Elena. I follow world news much more closely, I see LGBTQ issues in a more nuanced way, I enjoy getting alternate perspectives on our news, disturbing as it is, I worry about climate change even more because I have a window on other folks' strange weather.

I also report on my hair-washing (yesterday, Ingwetter), hope for good news from Earl and John Trudell, think supportive thoughts at Linda and Debbie and Jonn, who've all had health burdens to bear, console myself that I don't have extensive house repairs and renovations like Tony and Jonn have had, and cheer Chuck on as he gets bonuses, promotions, and many strikes at bowling. I also follow the fortunes of Notre Dame's sports teams and am glad Sara is better and has a new cat.

Hey Jenny!

Geaux Irish! Especially the Lady Irish basketball team!

And

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndSEWPQlYjU

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline Gazapete

• Lost in Translation
  • Obsessed
« Reply #12656 on: March 15, 2019, 01:32:30 PM »
Jenny, you gave hair washing a whole new meaning!  :-*

Offline dejavu

• Obsessed
« Reply #12657 on: March 15, 2019, 01:45:09 PM »

Hi, Jenny, I answered you but the Forum was "spinning" and the reply is lost.  So, let's just talk sometime else.  Probably not much until I get back from CO in mid-April, I'm tied up with a lot of info for CO lawyer because we are are moving on closing mom's estate.  Does nothing for the Texas problems, but it will be a big relief.
Jack's from Texas.

Offline fritzkep

• Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #12658 on: March 15, 2019, 02:13:17 PM »
Good luck in all that, Debbie.

I remember with my Mother's estate, which was relatively simple, and my SC sister took care of a lot of it, but it was still a bit of an ordeal.

Offline fritzkep

• Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #12659 on: March 15, 2019, 02:15:53 PM »
It's mild enough to sit around wearing a t-shirt downstairs with the front door open (it's 75 out). But not for long, tomorrow will be considerably cooler, high in the 50's.

The nurse commented as to how pleasant it was outside.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 02:22:25 PM by fritzkep »