The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: The Diner - Volume 38  (Read 69023 times)

Offline morrobay

• Quiet Storm
  • Obsessed
  • ...suspended above ordinary affairs...
Re: The Diner - Volume 38
« Reply #12840 on: March 17, 2019, 08:25:15 AM »
Hi Chuck!

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
« Reply #12841 on: March 17, 2019, 08:26:49 AM »
Hello Nancy!  How are you today?

Offline morrobay

• Quiet Storm
  • Obsessed
« Reply #12842 on: March 17, 2019, 08:32:33 AM »
Pretty good, thanks for asking  :) 

I went to Walmart for dog food and they always check your receipt before you leave.  The lady wished me Happy St. Patrick's day and then said "you have a great day, darlin'".  People really say that here!  One thing I like about Texas.  That, and saying "Ma'am" and "sir".  I even started doing that.

How are you?

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
« Reply #12843 on: March 17, 2019, 08:38:13 AM »

I went to Walmart for dog food and they always check your receipt before you leave.  The lady wished me Happy St. Patrick's day and then said "you have a great day, darlin'".  People really say that here!  One thing I like about Texas.  That, and saying "Ma'am" and "sir".  I even started doing that.

How are you?

When I got my new bedroom stuff, the WalMart guy checked my reciept too, but he didn't call me darlin'!   >:(   I feel cheated now!

;)  :laugh:

I'm doing ok!  Just chillin' out here now, catching up on some online stuff, and then off to mom and dad's for laundry and a visit.

I did manage to remember to get to the birthday thread today, I sometimes forget to get there, and there is an anniversary to celebrate.

Offline morrobay

• Quiet Storm
  • Obsessed
« Reply #12844 on: March 17, 2019, 08:58:23 AM »

When I got my new bedroom stuff, the WalMart guy checked my reciept too, but he didn't call me darlin'!   >:(   I feel cheated now!

;)  :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh:

Well, I'm not the Walmart guy but.....you have a great day, darlin'!

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
« Reply #12845 on: March 17, 2019, 08:59:55 AM »
:laugh: :laugh:

Well, I'm not the Walmart guy but.....you have a great day, darlin'!

Well, right back at ya, darlin'!  You have a great day too!

Offline Flyboy

• A gentle word will calm the wrath...
  • Obsessed
« Reply #12846 on: March 17, 2019, 09:16:59 AM »
Yeah, lots of basketball.  Doubt that Jonn is very happy at the moment.
Not to happy, but you can't go 6 minutes without a basket in a championship game and expect to WIN!! LOL...WSU did rally at the end, but didn't quite get there, KU, who can say? K-State and KU will both be in the NCAA tourney, WSU, I doubt it. I'm ready for Baseball now!!  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Flyboy

• Obsessed
« Reply #12847 on: March 17, 2019, 09:21:56 AM »
Yes, and it's endless. Getting worse and worse.

Hi, Tony.
It's all BAD, no matter where it's happening. As long as I can remember, and this is from childhood, I always heard there are more than 40 Wars, Conflicts or violent Protests going on around the globe at any one time. I'm sure that number has increased over the last 20 years or so too. Many of those are Religious or Cultural in nature. Look how long the USA has been in this MidEast MESS now....heading into 20 years!!

Offline Flyboy

• Obsessed
« Reply #12848 on: March 17, 2019, 09:23:12 AM »
They just said on the game that Charlotte (NC) has one of the largest "something I didn't understand, related to booze" in the country for St. Patrick's Day.  Charlotte is the site of this ACC Championship between Duke and Florida State.

Anyway, they said the people at the game were "well-hydrated," or had been so last night, in any case.   :laugh:

(I'm back from a short lie-down, not exactly a sleeping-nap, but it helped.)
WAIT, what is Fritz going to DO for St Pat's Day?? Didn't he give up Beer for Lent??  :P :laugh: ;D

Offline Flyboy

• Obsessed
« Reply #12849 on: March 17, 2019, 09:28:50 AM »
Bonjour! We got up early and went for a long bike tour through the sunny and blooming fields.

Good decision, because now rain and storm are approaching again.
Nice, Ing. So, biking doesn't bother your leg now, everything 'normal and all'??  ;)

Offline Flyboy

• Obsessed
« Reply #12850 on: March 17, 2019, 09:32:22 AM »

How are you?
LOL...I LOVE those Texan expressions!! ;D ;D ;D ;D....one of my favs is: "I'm fixin''...my friends say that one a lot, course you never know WHAT comes after "I'm fixin'" either.....I always ask them when dinner is ready!! hahaa............ :P :laugh:

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
« Reply #12851 on: March 17, 2019, 09:36:46 AM »
Hello Jonn!   Hope you're well today!

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
« Reply #12852 on: March 17, 2019, 09:38:15 AM »
WAIT, what is Fritz going to DO for St Pat's Day?? Didn't he give up Beer for Lent??  :P :laugh: ;D

Does Fritz celebrate St. Patrick's Day?   he's German, not Irish.

Offline Flyboy

• Obsessed
« Reply #12853 on: March 17, 2019, 09:41:17 AM »
Happy St Pat's Day, Diners!! HAPPY SUNDAY too!! It's going to be SUNNY and WARM again today here. I'll be taking a LONG WALK in the Park, and walk my little doggie later too, maybe. I worked many HOURS in my front yard yesterday, cleared out all the gardens, had 10 leaf bags full......but I also torn down all my rose bushes in that garden, that was a THORNY job. Glad to have it DONE! No more rose gardens for me, some of my bushes had gone, what they call Wild the past year, so it was time to remove them. Gosh, can't even remember when I created that garden, over 10 years ago now, maybe longer. I won't miss it, lots of Maintenance on that thing!! Now I have to dig up the stumps. I'm going to put some ever-blooming lilly type plants in there, I have a bunch of mums in that garden as well. I have TOO MANY Mums in both front and back, but hey, I only have to trim them back ONCE during the growing season, and they won't DIE on you, just keep on growing and spreading!!  ;D ;D ;D
My back was aching pretty good last night, so don't know how much clearing out I'll do today, may wait till Monday to tackle the back yard and my veggie garden.....gotta get my potatoes in soon too!!

Offline Flyboy

• Obsessed
« Reply #12854 on: March 17, 2019, 09:43:57 AM »
Gotta go post some in my Fav threads!! Have a great day, Diner people!  ;)