The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: This Forum In The News--Coverage of us in the media  (Read 206507 times)

Offline Texas_Girl

• Expert
Re: This Forum In The News--Coverage of us in the media
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2006, 07:28:03 PM »
On the quiz, 7/10

That quiz was funny. I think the true testament of my "BBM obsession" is the fact that I have the screener vid running ALL DAY (as long as I am awake). Just yesterday I watched the movie 4 times! My mom laughs now when she enters my room because the movie is always on. Lol. I just love hearing it in the background. No matter what I'm doing, I just need to have it on. Is that weird?

PS: Don't even get me started on the BBM soundtrack. That is ALL I listen to in my car.  :D :D

**********(¨`·.·´¨)
******(¨`·.·´¨).¸..(¨`·.·´¨)
(¨`·.·´*·. ¸.·´ ** `·.¸.·´ `·.·´¨)
  Ennis del Mar & Jack Twist
*******(¨`·.·´¨) (¨`·.·´¨)
********`·.¸(¨`·.·´¨)..·´
***********`·.¸.·´ 

Offline chiaros

• Experienced
« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2006, 07:28:11 PM »
OUR SITE FEATURED IN NEW JERSEY PAPER:
We're the focus of the paper's Sunday mag cover story
[/center

http://www.courierpostonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060219/SJMAG/602190336/1067[/b]
dave
http://www.courierpostonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060219/SJMAG/602190336/1004/LIVING

DC is also quoted and the forum is mentioned.

cross-posted to the "Will it rock the culture..." board.
INTP

Offline sarah

• Expert
« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2006, 08:16:45 PM »
OUR SITE FEATURED IN NEW JERSEY PAPER:
The Courier piece also included other members of our family here, including Karin Dicker, a true brokebackaholic who emails me several bbm links a day. She is the first person quoted in the story. I'm not sure who else was included, but we spent a lot of time with the writer, who was a great guy.
And the direct link to the piece featuring us is:

http://www.courierpostonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060219/SJMAG/602190336/1067

dave
I was also honored to be quoted in the piece -- Robert Baxter is a beautiful person.
There ain't no reins on this one.

Offline sarah

• Expert
« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2006, 08:22:42 PM »
RE: The great Courier Post articles - I have updated the link on my original post as the old one that you are quoting no longer works.

Here it is again: http://www.courierpostonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?Category=SJMAG

RE: Brokeaholic Quiz.

The quiz is really really tough, I only scored a 2 as well, but give me time.

One of the two I scored was: "Have you bought cans of beans for the first time in years after seeing Ennis and Jake cook them over a campfire?"   I sure did, I even did a web search to see if the BetterMost brand was available.  No such luck, but there is a business opportunity there.

Well, after scoring a 10 and finding the questions eerily familiar to me, I realized author Robert Baxter had based it on his interview with me -- he uses my name at the end, and I'm proud as can be to be a Brokeaholic!!
There ain't no reins on this one.

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • Official Diner "Recapper"!
« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2006, 08:28:16 PM »
Well, after scoring a 10 and finding the questions eerily familiar to me, I realized author Robert Baxter had based it on his interview with me -- he uses my name at the end, and I'm proud as can be to be a Brokeaholic!!

And we're proud to have you here!

Offline jersey

• Feet Wet
« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2006, 08:35:40 PM »
8 out of 10. No on the mug and although I only bought the soundtrack once I have bought Close Range three times cause I keep lending it out and do not get it back. Went to Texas last month and just got the poster which will be framed. Oh and did buy beans, 'cept I added chili fixin's. Does that count?

Offline alma

• Pawin the white
  • Obsessed
  • Shut up about Alma; This ain't her fault.
« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2006, 08:56:37 PM »

That is so funny! I got a four, only because I haven't got two of those CDs in my car. I do, however, have it on my iPod and listen to the sountrack constantly. What was missing from the quiz for me is "has the short story memorized and finds herself quoting it at the oddest times and places..." :)

Thanks for being interviewed! You did great.

Offline SquallCloud

• Austin and Jake Fan
  • Obsessed
  • We did the impossible, and that makes us mighty.
    • Bedroom Behavior: The Friction In Their Jeans (My Fic)
« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2006, 11:15:10 PM »
I scored a 2. Seen the movie twice and have surfed the net an unhealthy amount looking for BBM related things for the past 2 months.

sskater

« Reply #68 on: February 21, 2006, 06:56:10 AM »
seven outta ten here..the mug would be nice. I just have one cd, I dont know if I'm obsessed as the susan person. Not only have I desire to live in the west, I'm returning there. I came east just 18 months now. I miss the mountains the thin air, the cowboys and blue skies. I don't feel alone anymore, I can with the social climate.
I've been 12x. enjoy it each and every time. :)
The impact has been worldwide.

helen_uk

« Reply #69 on: February 21, 2006, 06:57:46 AM »
I only scored 1  :(  Been searching the net for anything and everything...

Maybe I'd have scored higher if they'd asked the following:

11.  Have you taken up smoking again in a vain attempt to become Jack and Ennis up on the mountain?

12.  Have you started speaking in a Wyoming accent, and pepper your speech with phrases and nuances that are alien to your own background?  (Answer to this question is "Hell, yeah!")

13.  Do you spend most of your waking hours hanging out with your new ranchin' buddies on Dave Cullen's forum?

14.  Have you forgotton what your Significant Other looks like, or indeed that you have one at all?

Offline Marge_Innavera

• Obsessed
  • I'M WITH HER
    • Gift of Exile
« Reply #70 on: February 21, 2006, 09:05:04 AM »
Heh -- they should have added a bonus question:

Did you bid on the shirts?

That would have been a surefire tip-off

It would have been a surefire tip-off that the respondent had bux delux - the final selling price for the shirts Monday was $101,000.
" 'Red' states are the meth labs of democracy."

kumari

« Reply #71 on: February 21, 2006, 03:01:25 PM »
15. Do you start yawning when people try to discuss other films?

16. Do you have to consciously suppress your extensive knowledge of where Jake and Heath are at all times? "Oh, he's getting fitted for the Oscars at Armani today..."

17. Have you cancelled your annual Oscar party so that you chat on this site instead of having real, live annoying people in your living room blathering on while you're trying to lip-read what the cast is talking about at their table?

Offline BrokeAddict

• Feet Wet
« Reply #72 on: February 21, 2006, 03:36:29 PM »
18. Do you phanatasise about having hot sex with Jack?

19. Did you force yourself to detox from BBM due to unhealthy lifestyle since watching the movie?

20. Did the movie impact on your personal life

Offline Uclapeterg

• Obsessed
« Reply #73 on: February 21, 2006, 03:45:05 PM »
21. Do you fantasize about having hot sex with Hea..ehh... i mean Ennis?  :D

Offline Dave Cullen

• Author/Journalist
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • Founder, Editor
    • Columbine
« Reply #74 on: February 21, 2006, 06:08:16 PM »
god, i'm only a one.

but i think i deserve extra points for not just spending a lot of time on the web with it but STARTing a website on it. hehehe.

and the question about listening to the CD over and over, i think that's a sign of a non brokebackaholic. a true holic can't bear to hear that music.

and my shrink has forbidden me from seeing the film again.