The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: The Brokeback Mountain 'Lovesick" Diet  (Read 473154 times)

Offline Lola

• Membership_deactivated
  • Obsessed
Re: The Brokeback Mountain 'Lovesick" Diet
« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2006, 01:05:35 PM »
I'm feel grrrrrr8   he he he, you sound like Tony the Tiger!  :D

Yes exercise gets rid of all the aches and pains and makes you feel so much better and years younger!  :-*

FUNGURL

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2006, 01:16:16 PM »
Here is the exercise program I follow in the mornings, before breakfast.

If you search her name (Leslie Sansone) you will find her stuff.  I hate to say it's low impact, because you do work up a sweat, but it's not like those old Jane Fonda tapes, where you go crazy.  Easy to follow moves that are repeated.

Video #1. is 15 minutes, and you walk one mile.

Video #2. is 30 minutes, and you walk two miles.

Video #3 is 45 minutes, and you walk three miles.

Offline Lola

• Membership_deactivated
  • Obsessed
« Reply #62 on: May 12, 2006, 01:58:58 PM »
Do you just walk on the spot?

FUNGURL

Offline Bobby19in1963

• Bright Rainbow Star
  • Obsessed
« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2006, 04:52:51 PM »
Hey! CellarDweller115:

If I thought I could be as handsome as you in your new body, I'd get those videos in a minute.  ;D ;D In fact, I may get them anyway.  I'm finding that biking is good, but it lacks in total body tone.

Thanx! for the tip about this gal.

Bobby
A love that will NEVER grow old....

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
« Reply #64 on: May 12, 2006, 05:14:50 PM »
Do you just walk on the spot?

You stand in one spot, and start off with a slow walk, in one place.  Then, at different parts of the video you do "kicks" (kick your leg out in front of you) knee lifts, and steps from side to side.

very easy moves to do.

gebt

« Reply #65 on: May 12, 2006, 09:02:40 PM »
 :D thanx for those tips CD

Offline estefue

• Papi Chulo
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
« Reply #66 on: May 12, 2006, 11:00:56 PM »
Chuck we love Leslie Sansone!    Walk walk walk it's so powerful!!

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
« Reply #67 on: May 12, 2006, 11:32:51 PM »
Chuck we love Leslie Sansone!    Walk walk walk it's so powerful!!

Raise those hands to Heaven...and then you pull down, and pull down , and pull down

:D

Offline estefue

• Papi Chulo
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
« Reply #68 on: May 13, 2006, 11:34:53 PM »
And we're walking! ;D

Offline Bobby19in1963

• Bright Rainbow Star
  • Obsessed
« Reply #69 on: May 14, 2006, 09:09:25 AM »
You guys/gals are a HOOT!

I'm learning that swimming is much harder than I remember!  Went to a swimming clinic yesterday run by this cute young high school swim team member, Nick, who took a look at my swimming stroke and kick and said I was doing fine.  He started by saying, "Okay, everyone, let's do 8 laps to warm up...."  I stopped him right there.  I told him a half a lap was my best last time, and I wasn't there for pain, but for some tips.  He said, Okay. and then we swam laps and had fun for an hour with about six of us.

Baby steps, Lola say, and I agree.  All of this stuff is baby steps while we're in training.  I guess that's where I am in this whole gay thing.  SO much to learn and what seems like so little time to learn it...deadlines seem to come along whether we set them or not sometimes.

Okay, confession, for the very first time in all of this dieting I have lost my mental concentration.  It was when my therapist talked about just asking for a divorce that I hit a glitch in my thinking.  Then it was less of a new game to play, having this wonderful Brokeback Mountain experience, and more like real life setting it.  At dinner out on Friday I asked my wife what she was angry about.  She's the type that processes things for a long time before answering, and I determined to just be quiet until she said something.  Well...the silence went on so long, and since we were in a restaurant, something came up and we got onto another topic and she successfully did an end run on the question...which she never answered.

That was the straw that depressed me and I haven't recovered from it quite yet...which is remarkable, because I've been mentally very strong all through this.

I invited all the kids over for Mother's Day Dinner this evening.  I picked up three chickens from Costco, along with a Devilish dessert, and plan on having mac and cheese for all the grandkids, along with a salad and ... crap ... I forgot to get some jello.  Oh, well, I did pick up lots of strawberries and blackberries as a new (old) market yesterday.  I figure out something.  I told my wife I had so much energy from all I've been doing that I could do it all...now I'm nervous that I'll mess it up.  I think I'll do mashed potatoes w/ butter.  The ages range from six months to 60+.

I'm hoping to snap back into mental strength and just writing here has helped to center and focus me...sounds like a yoga exercise!

Remember, just because you're slipping a little, doesn't mean you have to let go and slide down the whole damn hill.  Grab at something to keep you near the top and then gather strength for the climb...and just DO IT!

Hope you're all eating good food and thinking positive thoughts today.  Some holidays are rough...this is my first Mother Day as an admitted Gay man.  I have an angel mother in heaven who I can still feel wrapping he arms around me and saying, "It's all right, it's all right...."

Bobby

Offline Lola

• Membership_deactivated
  • Obsessed
« Reply #70 on: May 14, 2006, 09:41:05 PM »
BAM...........that is what WW says now.........breath, accept and move on!

I wish your wife would open up to you Bobby, we all know what you are feeling, but I would love to know what she is feeling.  I am sure you would as well.

My family took me out to dinner, hubby, me, the boys and their girlfriends.  We had a great time and I made all healthy choices.

We ate out Friday night as well (alone) and at friends last night.  But I did pretty good this weekend, I am very focused right now.

But that could change tomorrow, it is one day at a time.  We do the best we can on this journey and try to stay focused and surround ourselves with positive people.  That is why this thread of yours is really going to help people!  ;D

FUNGURL

Offline Bobby19in1963

• Bright Rainbow Star
  • Obsessed
« Reply #71 on: May 15, 2006, 10:23:51 AM »
Since I have the same thing for breakfast and lunch five times a week, I've noticed something of a pattern.  I weigh in for our Family Biggest Loser on Sunday afternoon, same clothes, sans shoes...so I point my whole weekend toward that.  I get up early on Saturday and do 30 minutes on my stationary bike to burn 300 calories or so.  Then I vacuum, sweep the bare floors, mop them twice, once to rinse, clean the bathrooms, change the bed linens, get the clothes started washing, mow the lawn, and wash one or two cars.  That burns calories until about noon.  I usually don't eat much, just a snack of nuts and some fruit to give me energy to get through the cleaning.

Saturday afternoon now I swim at the Swim Clinic at the Y.  This Saturday I had a cup of Lowfat Cottage Cheese and some blackberries to put in some energy.  The Clinic helps improve my stroke and gives me some pointers, since I never swam in any kind of sports program.  Then I do either upper or lower body, whichever I'm on that day.

Saturday evening is a good meal cooked by my wife.  Sunday I get up and do 30 minutes on the bike again to burn some calories and then eat a light breakfast, go to church and then don't eat until I weigh in.

This allows me to get fairly dehydrated so that I weigh less...it's all about strategy...if any of you watch Survivor!

So, by Monday morning I'm ready to start loading in the food again and do so all week.  I usually gain back a couple of pounds during the week and lose them over the weekend again.

I know this doesn't sound right, but I'm down 56 lbs. now and it seems to be working okay.  You just have to be always aware of what is going on food-wise in your life.

Bobby

Offline Bobby19in1963

• Bright Rainbow Star
  • Obsessed
« Reply #72 on: May 15, 2006, 11:03:22 AM »
I was in charge of dinner for Mother's Day yesterday, so I invited my two girls and their families to have Roast Chicken with us.  It was so easy.  I bought three chickens at Costco, the rotisseried kind, and cut them up and put them on pans in the oven at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes, while I made mashed potatoes and stuffing, plus mac and cheese for the little ones who don't like anything else.  A daughter brought a salad and some baked squash that rounded out the meal.  The problem was that for dessert we had one of those Mudslide Brownie cakes that was 380 calories a serving!

Whoa! There ain't no reins on this one fer sure!  But I only had one plateful and a few extra slices of fresh pineapple as I cooked.

Up at the crack of dawn today and did 30 minutes of Elyptical and Bike at the Y, so I'm back in the groove.

Everyone was gone in time so that we could watch the Survivor Finale!  That was my wife's wish for Mother's Day, that they'd all be gone so she could watch it in peace.

Hope everyone got through okay.  A gal here at work said she started her Mother's Day on Friday night and ate throughout the weekend!  One day you can forgive, but a weekend binge will bite you in the rear!

A final note on Mother's Day...I wept a little when I remembered my Mom and how good it would be to talk to her now, with all of this new stuff in my life.  She's the closest thing to Jesus in my life for understanding, but I guess Moms are that way...like Jack's Mom.

Bobby

Offline Lola

• Membership_deactivated
  • Obsessed
« Reply #73 on: May 15, 2006, 06:51:14 PM »
Sounds like you had a wonderful Mother's Day.  I bet there were alot of us missing our Mom's yesterday.

(((HUGS)))))

P.S. a nice dessert I make is Angel Food cake and I fold in a can of unsweetened pineapple, it is quite tasty and low in points.

Pineapple Angelfood Cake

1 package angel food cake mix

1 can crushed pineapple in water -- 20 Ounce Can

1. Combine both ingredients in large bowl.

2. Mix on medium speed with electric mixer.

3. Bake in accordance with cake mix box.

Calories: 136.5
Fat grams: 0.2
Fiber grams: 0.1

W/W Points: 3

If you cut the cake in eighths the following nutritional information apply:

Calories: 204.7
Fat grams: 0.2
Fiber grams: 0.2

W/W Points: 4

YOU CAN ALSO MAKE IN CUPCAKES (MAKES 24 CUPCAKES) and THE FOLLOWING NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION APPLIES:

Calories: 68.2
Fat grams: 0.1
Fiber grams: 0.1

W/W Points: 1

« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 07:03:42 PM by Lola »

FUNGURL

Offline Bobby19in1963

• Bright Rainbow Star
  • Obsessed
« Reply #74 on: May 16, 2006, 10:00:04 AM »
Lola:

Thanx! for that wonderful recipe and tips.

Just sent an email to the neighbor across the street re: diet and exercise.  He's a chubby little guy, who works 10 hour days and goes a long time between meals and then is completely starved to death.  I just suggested he get some cottage cheese and dried fruit and snack on them between meals.

I've lost just over 20% of my weight at the start, and I find it is about at this time that the going gets really rough for me.  I've seemed to have lost all of the 'easy' pounds, and have to fight now for every new pound I lose.

This time, I have our boys to help me.  I think I'll drop back into filling my senses with them and re-read some of my earlier posts to try to get back in that 'zone' again.  It is surprising how often in the past two days I've felt frustrated and at a loss with how everything is going to work out...and in my mind this voice says, 'Oh! what the hell, eat something and feel better.'  WHERE is that coming from?  Feels like an addiction that I'll have to guard against everyday the rest of my life!

Today I've just been thinking of escape...it kind of all moves in on you and I lose my perspective.  I'm glad I see my new therapist tomorrow...just in the nick of time.

However, on the way to work, I was thinking of how fortunate I am to have my in-person friends and my Internet Friends.  Thanx! to all of you for your support.  It REALLY makes a difference.  I hope I can be there for you when I'm a little stronger.

Bobby