The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Poll

What's your favorite Anne Hathaway performance besides "Brokeback Mountain"?

Princess Diaries 1
12 (17.4%)
Princess Diaries 2
1 (1.4%)
Ella Enchanted
12 (17.4%)
Havoc
2 (2.9%)
Hoodwinked (animated film!)
2 (2.9%)
Becomming Jane
7 (10.1%)
Devil Wears Prada
30 (43.5%)
Get Smart
3 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Author Topic: Anne Hathaway - Princess to Lureen  (Read 214246 times)

Bobbie

Re: Anne Hathaway - Princess to Lureen
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2006, 02:44:47 PM »
Dathan - Did you see Anne on R and K?  Can you elaborate!

lynn

« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2006, 02:50:37 PM »
Wayman it was on here in Houston at noon so I stayed in at work to watch.  Disappointing show Kanye didn't really sing--just in audience game and Anne's segment seemed very short and uninformative.  She just said she would be at Globes cheering for her "peeps". 

Oh Dathan, I think you're too negative!   :) First, they showed the clip when Jack and Lureen meet, with Jake's big dreamy eyes and Anne's witty line about the mating call....next, Ellen praised the film, said it was doing very well, and the way the audiance applauded I think they agreed... then, Anne discussed her pride in BBM....Ellen talked about how beautifully it was shot, and they discussed the horses and riding scenes....

Bobbie

« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2006, 05:19:28 PM »
Isaac Mizrahi just interviewed Anne.  She's such a sweetheart.  They joked about her being a blond in BBM and that she looks much better as a brunette.  Ehe said she had many wigs and that it was interesting play a hard drinking 40 yo blonde!  Sweet Girl!!!  Lovely off the shoulder deep blue mid-length dress.  Something I'd wear.  Back to the show!!!!

Offline NYC-lovesbbm

• Experienced
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2006, 05:21:48 PM »
Isaac Mizrahi just interviewed Anne.  She's such a sweetheart.  They joked about her being a blond in BBM and that she looks much better as a brunette.  Ehe said she had many wigs and that it was interesting play a hard drinking 40 yo blonde!  Sweet Girl!!!  Lovely off the shoulder deep blue mid-length dress.  Something I'd wear.  Back to the show!!!!

Anne H was on Ellen this morning, she did a pretty good job talking about BBM. Did anyone else see it?

Offline Alijoon

• HeathBar
  • Obsessed
  • I love my BrokeBack family.
« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2006, 01:28:07 AM »
anne lookes resplendent at the GG.
You only live once, and your dreams are meant to be lived.

Offline brokebackLJ

• Expert
  • never give up on the good times
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2006, 08:15:53 PM »
It's funny how we all gush about Anne, but no one in the media seems to be appreciating her performance as much as us. It's all Michelle Michelle Michelle...which of course is validated by her superb performance and more screen time, but, a part of me feels like Michelle's performance follows the vein of Justin's mother on Queer as Folk as being the only actress nominated in that show ever, for displaying her emotion at the realization her son is gay and dealing with...like we feel bad for Michelle for having to deal with Ennis' skeletons...However, Anne's performance more subtly captures that, and she was great in the Thanksgiving scene, the dinner scene and the telephone scene, so powerful and moving each time, that I'm a little dumb founded she's not recieving that much attention.

Offline dave754

• Feet Wet
« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2006, 04:11:49 AM »
This is my first post to this thread, And I have not read any previous posts, so forgive me if any of this has already been discussed. I just watched the Thanksgiving clip(I have seen the movie once, in a very poor theater). Anne (and Jake) are phenomenal in that scene. The way Jack/Jake twiddles his fingers just before he gets up to turn the TV back off...and the way Anne says so much with almost no words...I love the way she says "Daddy?...Daddy!". And the phone scene with Ennis?  Please!  Why hasn't she been nominated for anything? Too small of  a part?  But she was at the GG's in full support of everyone nominated. I see a great future for her.

Offline Alex

• Expert
  • Love is a force of nature.
V Life Photo
« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2006, 12:28:10 PM »
There was some open space between what he knew and what he tried to believe, but nothing could be done about it, and if you can't fix it you've got to stand it.

Offline Uclapeterg

• Obsessed
« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2006, 11:30:34 AM »
It's funny how we all gush about Anne, but no one in the media seems to be appreciating her performance as much as us. It's all Michelle Michelle Michelle...which of course is validated by her superb performance and more screen time, but, a part of me feels like Michelle's performance follows the vein of Justin's mother on Queer as Folk as being the only actress nominated in that show ever, for displaying her emotion at the realization her son is gay and dealing with...like we feel bad for Michelle for having to deal with Ennis' skeletons...However, Anne's performance more subtly captures that, and she was great in the Thanksgiving scene, the dinner scene and the telephone scene, so powerful and moving each time, that I'm a little dumb founded she's not recieving that much attention.

I have this weird feeling that she,  along with Michelle, will both nab Best Supporting Actress Nods. As I crazy or what?  :P

Offline Wayman Wong

• Obsessed
« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2006, 12:19:39 PM »
Claudia Puig in USA Today lists 20 performances that Oscar voters shouldn't overlook, and one of them is Anne Hathaway's.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/movieawards/oscars/2006-01-19-performances_x.htm

Offline Danny

• Feet Wet
  • ...mines developed a "low startle point"
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2006, 07:53:05 PM »
http://outnow.ch/Media/Img/2005/BrokebackMountain/movie.1/31.jpg?w=1400&h=942

Hmm, Do you think they reshot the office scene? Cuz I don't remember her wearing this outfit in it...

brokebackLJ.... Is this a really old message... because I have seen you around on other threads and Im sure you were in the higher number of times viewed....   This is the outfit/hair/scene where Jack is outside of Newsome equipment and he is showing the farmers what "The new combine can do"  then they change the scene to inside the dealership and Lureen is punching on her calculator (see my tag line below) and the two farmers inside (one standing looking out the window and one sitting) the standing one says "didn't that pissant used to ride bulls?" and the sitting one replied "Tried to!.."   and Lureen looks up from her numbers and kind of had a shocked/sad look on her face.  Thats the scene.

...which I thought was stupid anyway... what did it mean/prove?  It was stupid because Jack was always such an up/happy person which in my opion made people like him.  Why on earth would anyone say that?   ....AND there are other posts in this blog talking about "small towns" and how everyone knows everyone else and their business... So certainly those two men would KNOW that Jack was her husband and why would they say that in her earshot...   The scene doesnt make much sense to me
"'watchin Lureen punch numbers in her addin machine till she gets more zero's, her eyes gettin smaller and smaller, its like watchin a rabbit tryin to squeeze down a snake hole with a coyote on its tail.."

Bobbie

« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2006, 12:50:59 PM »
Be creative.  Head over to http://davecullen.com/forum/index.php?topic=323.msg18864#msg18864 for fun with photo captioning.

Offline Danny

• Feet Wet
  • ...mines developed a "low startle point"
« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2006, 01:28:58 PM »
...And I also want to make sure this is said from my lips to your ears.... Ann Hathaway gave an OUTSTANDING performance as Lureen in this film.  I think her part is just as environmental to the concept of this picture as anyone elses and her performance, in my opinion, could not have been outdone by ANYONE!  If >>I<< was judging the Oscars.... Ann Sweetie, you'd'a better have your acceptance speach written.

(Wouldnt it be great if our fav's checked in on this blog once in a while and could see how much we LOVE them.)
"'watchin Lureen punch numbers in her addin machine till she gets more zero's, her eyes gettin smaller and smaller, its like watchin a rabbit tryin to squeeze down a snake hole with a coyote on its tail.."

Offline David

• Experienced
« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2006, 09:13:33 PM »
For the quintessential Anne Hathaway/Brokeback Mountain interview, go to http://www.chud.com/index.php?type=interviews&id=5284.
The huge sadness of the Northern plains rolled down on him.

Offline brokebackLJ

• Expert
  • never give up on the good times
« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2006, 09:24:37 PM »
I think I just gained a whole new level of respect and admiration for anne.
She has all her shit together, she's very smart, very well-spoken, and intelligent.
Wow...and I think it's great that she won't reveal what she thought of Jack's death....She's so not the 'princess diaries' girl, she's defintely an actress. She blew me away.

Saw it again tonight and I keep appreciating her and Jake's performances more and more each time.