The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: Michelle Williams & Matilda Ledger  (Read 1203331 times)

Offline BlueJeanJeannie

• Old Brokeback got me good and it sure ain't over
  • Obsessed
  • Team Jake. Always.
Re: Michelle Williams & Matilda Ledger
« Reply #4935 on: July 29, 2018, 08:56:56 AM »
I would like to include Sue in my post and say that I respect how she chooses to honor Heath's memory. In my experience, there are no right or wrong ways to express love. Heath's light shines bright through her devotion. Love to you, Sue.

This.

Dear Sue, I know you're reading here. I admire your dedication to Heath - you know that.

Love always  :-*
Chaos is order yet undeciphered.

Offline morrobay

• Quiet Storm
  • Obsessed
  • ...suspended above ordinary affairs...
« Reply #4936 on: July 29, 2018, 02:38:01 PM »
Thanks for sharing your views, Nancy. It's good food for thought and a great reference point to dig within myself to see what resonates.

Thanks - It's good to see the threads active again, after all these years.
Bye, Felicia

"What a maroon."  Bugs Bunny

"I try to be good...I only manage it in streaks."

Offline janiebbmart

• Obsessed
« Reply #4937 on: July 30, 2018, 05:31:48 AM »
People are able to talk about anything, as long as they can be respectful of the feelings of others.

The key is to remember that every person's feelings are unique to them.   While one person feels a certain way, another can feel the exact opposite.

As long as everyone respects everyone else's feelings, it's all good, and there should be no reason anyone would have to hold back what they feel.   It could lead to very interesting and deep conversations.

This is why this forum is such a comfortable place to be these days. I feel that as time has passed the forum has "matured" so that everyone listens to others, absorbs the info and opinions and responds respectfully. At least that's my experience on the threads I participate in. I have to say that this wasn't always so, especially in those frenetic earlier days when there were quite spectacular clashes and personal spats.
I'm glad to be still here amongst all you tolerant interesting people.  ;)

Offline BlueJeanJeannie

• Obsessed
  • Team Jake. Always.
« Reply #4938 on: July 30, 2018, 06:04:38 AM »

Peace.

;D

Why am I feeling this '60s vibe here, all of a sudden?  :laugh:

Offline heavenonearth

• Loyal HEATHEN
  • Obsessed
  • A Star is Born 1979-2008
« Reply #4939 on: July 30, 2018, 07:58:42 AM »
This is why this forum is such a comfortable place to be these days. I feel that as time has passed the forum has "matured" so that everyone listens to others, absorbs the info and opinions and responds respectfully. At least that's my experience on the threads I participate in. I have to say that this wasn't always so, especially in those frenetic earlier days when there were quite spectacular clashes and personal spats.

Hi, Janie. I always sense your loveliness through your messages. Reading your comments makes me want to share a little bit about my personal views.

After perusing many older threads these last few months, and getting bits of conversations that left a bitter taste in my mouth and from which I ran in the other direction, I am realizing that it was best for me to come to the forum when I did. I would not have been a good candidate for what transpired at times back then. I know it can simply be a question of looking the other way, still, it would have bothered me greatly. Some of those uncomfortable (for me) conversations arose re real life circumstances and others were about BBM. Even the bashing of one character (Jack & Ennis) over another does not sit well with me. I find it takes away from the power of the love story.

As anyone that reads my posts knows, for me, the experience of BBM has morphed into a deep love and fierce loyalty to Heath, and so even today, I stay away from any negativity surrounding him, his life, his demise… He is so much more than the sum of these parts. As is everyone. The feeling is quite strong and categorical. And the same applies to Jake (or any human being). I don’t have any desire to partake in any speculation, whatever it might be in the moment, about him, his life… He’s perfect the way he is. As we all are. Yeah, that’s pretty much my view on life now.

My barometer is my heart, and how it feels when “things” land there. Sure, I carry this great sensitivity and tenderness, and I’m okay with that. More than that, I am grateful for it. I’m a hopeless romantic, a lover of love, and I can’t help but look at life...the world from that perspective. Not through rose-colored glasses as was the case before, but through the eyes of love. I still see what transpires, the difference now is that I hold no lasting judgment and my priority is to remain true to myself and what I hold dear. And to find the courage to express what that is.

love,
Michelle
I know a love that will never grow old.

Offline BlueJeanJeannie

• Obsessed
  • Team Jake. Always.
« Reply #4940 on: July 31, 2018, 03:17:49 AM »
I’m a hopeless romantic, a lover of love, and I can’t help but look at life... the world from that perspective [...]  through the eyes of love.

I wish I was able to do that as well. The world is an ugly place sometimes. There's so much bitterness and hurt everywhere. War, refugees, anti-Semitism... You can't turn away from that all the time. Also, Trump doesn't help.

Offline heavenonearth

• Loyal HEATHEN
  • Obsessed
« Reply #4941 on: July 31, 2018, 04:30:39 AM »
I wish I was able to do that as well. The world is an ugly place sometimes. There's so much bitterness and hurt everywhere. War, refugees, anti-Semitism... You can't turn away from that all the time. Also, Trump doesn't help.

I don’t turn away from anything. It’s all very alive in me, the pain, the tragedies, the sadness…the world’s, my own… I see and feel and carry it with love. I can’t explain, it’s how it is. To me love includes everything, the suffering, the joy, the heartbreaks... Reminds me of this epic, unshakable, gorgeous movie I saw called BBM.  ;)

Offline janiebbmart

• Obsessed
« Reply #4942 on: July 31, 2018, 05:52:44 AM »
Peace.

;D

Why am I feeling this '60s vibe here, all of a sudden?  :laugh:

LOL How true. Tune in and drop out.  ;D

Offline janiebbmart

• Obsessed
« Reply #4943 on: July 31, 2018, 06:03:36 AM »
I don’t turn away from anything. It’s all very alive in me, the pain, the tragedies, the sadness…the world’s, my own… I see and feel and carry it with love. I can’t explain, it’s how it is. To me love includes everything, the suffering, the joy, the heartbreaks... Reminds me of this epic, unshakable, gorgeous movie I saw called BBM.  ;)

You're lucky to be able to do that. I find it impossible with how things are just now. All the uncertainty and destabilization are so unsettling.
Sorry this is going OT now.

Offline Heath4Ever

• Whippin' babies
  • Obsessed
  • WHERE THE BLUEBIRDS SING & THERE'S A WHISKY SPRING
« Reply #4944 on: August 31, 2018, 12:56:15 PM »
Michelle graces the cover of Vanity Fair this month (Sept 2018) and there is a super interview inside in which she discusses her recent marriage (which was imminent at the time of the interview) to Phil Elverum.  Michelle mentions Heath, albeit briefly, in a respectful way.  Lovely to know she has finally found love again.  A highly recommended read.

An excerpt appears here:   https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2018/07/michelle-williams-marriage-wedding-equal-pay

That's all we've got. I hope you know that.

Offline BlueAmber63

• Striped socks and dusty shoes
  • Obsessed
« Reply #4945 on: September 14, 2018, 06:05:21 PM »
                                                    ^^^

Sorry....only just found this Glen. I know she has just remarried...but on reading
the interview all I can think is she and Heath were made for each other. Especially
when I read the paragraph where it said she was " studiously bookish and cultured".
Also that she talks in "evocative poetic " metaphors. So very like Heath.
Even her mode of transport...a Mini van. Heath would have loved it !!!!!
When you think about the interviews Heath has given... all if not most of the above
you could practically here him talking.

I hope she has a very long and happy marriage.

(It has just killed me to say that).
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 06:13:49 PM by BlueAmber63 »
Wanting him to come back... before anyone notices
part of the world has not moved...since he left.

Offline heavenonearth

• Loyal HEATHEN
  • Obsessed
« Reply #4946 on: September 14, 2018, 06:44:36 PM »
Michelle graces the cover of Vanity Fair this month (Sept 2018) and there is a super interview inside in which she discusses her recent marriage (which was imminent at the time of the interview) to Phil Elverum.  Michelle mentions Heath, albeit briefly, in a respectful way.  Lovely to know she has finally found love again.  A highly recommended read.

An excerpt appears here:   https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2018/07/michelle-williams-marriage-wedding-equal-pay

Thanks for this!

Offline ellye

• Obsessed
« Reply #4947 on: October 05, 2018, 04:44:16 PM »
Just saw a pic of Michelle and matilda on daily mail web site taken yesterday .... I always said matilda would be taller than her mother by the time she was a teenager and she is already! It's so hard to believe she's nearly 13!

Practically every comment on the picture said how much like heath she looks and she really does!  She's a beauty.

Offline heavenonearth

• Loyal HEATHEN
  • Obsessed
« Reply #4948 on: October 05, 2018, 04:54:34 PM »
Just saw a pic of Michelle and matilda on daily mail web site taken yesterday .... I always said matilda would be taller than her mother by the time she was a teenager and she is already! It's so hard to believe she's nearly 13!

Practically every comment on the picture said how much like heath she looks and she really does!  She's a beauty.

Thanks for sharing! I looked up the pics, she is gorgeous and looks amazingly like Heath but I can see something of Michelle also.

Offline B.W.

• Obsessed
« Reply #4949 on: October 27, 2018, 07:21:09 AM »
I hope Michelle Williams and her husband have a very happy and successful marriage together.