The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: Respond to The Daily Sheet  (Read 1111643 times)

Offline CactusGal

• Resigned.
  • Expert
  • Sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it
Re: Respond to The Daily Sheet
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2006, 09:09:24 AM »
Jack -- glad you enjoyed it and, yes, please say thanks to CalgaryActor -- he's really taken a lot of his time in corresponding with me and I've so appreciated it.   

Wouldn't it be fun to know the history of that old truck?

Jan

Offline Dave Cullen

• Author/Journalist
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • Founder, Editor
    • Columbine
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2006, 12:04:17 PM »
question.. are the daily sheets archived.

i love love love the may 10th one and would want to come back to it time and again..

someone let me know.

Hey Alijoon -- so glad you liked that!  The Daily Sheets archiving is a little haphazard at the moment, I suspect Pete is too busy working on the site reorganization to think about this detail.  It will improve in the future.  ANYWAY, if you look under "Forum, Events, Campaigns and News", scan (with eyeballs) down the page and you will see some selections for Daily Sheets, May 1 through 7, something like that.  The weeks are not organized next to each other.

So that is the best way now to look for past issues. 

Thanks for asking. We'll have this sorted out very soon, in our re-org. We have added a "Coming Soon: Forum News & Updates" board in the Community section. The Daily Sheet will move here very soon, and we'll make a place for the archived sheets all together. (Probably a child board specifically for them in the News board, but we haven't hashed out all the detailis of that yet. But we will soon.)

Offline Dave Cullen

• Author/Journalist
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • Founder, Editor
    • Columbine
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2006, 12:23:09 PM »
I'm so glad we have this thread now, so that I have a good place to thank the people behind it.

I'll start by thanking Pete for conceiving it and getting it started, and our two wonderful editors, tellyouwhat and cactusgal, who make it happen every day, and continue coming up with new ideas and improvements.

This is one of the coolest things we've added, and I'm really happy to have it, and to have such a great pair of editors. It wouldn't be here every day without the constant efforts of tellyouwhat and cactusgal. Thanks.

And thanks to everyone who has been reading it every day, spreading the word about it and making it such a success. It's great to hear your comments here.

Offline Dave Cullen

• Author/Journalist
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • Founder, Editor
    • Columbine
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2006, 12:25:04 PM »
and let me separately thank everyone who offered such kind words about the situation we had on the DVD campaign. i was really unsure how all that was going to play out, and i felt a little spent after it came to a close, yesterday. the encouraging words definitely helped.

Offline mountain boy

• Cowpoke
  • Obsessed
  • Thou not speakest thy truest love
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2006, 05:43:09 PM »
Dear Daily Sheet.

I've never written to y'all before so I'm very nervous. But I wanted to say thank you for your handling of the situation with the library in Oklahoma. When I read the librarian's response I wondered if it might be someone who was working on issues of their own of some sort. So I'm glad that it seems like it all worked out for the better for everyone.

Thanks for all your good work!

Signed -

Anonymous

Offline Ellen (tellyouwhat)

• Proulx 101
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • resist the corporate Taliban
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2006, 07:42:05 AM »
2 editorial corrections for Friday, May 12:

1 -- "Ellen,  you've given me a great laugh this morning with the Daily Sheet. While I'm sure Jake does inspire some inmates to "bate", the correct euphemism should be "Jail Bait". lol.  (Imjackshesennis)

Wow, I plead innocent, due to ignorance of the law!  Haven't spent enough time around jail bait is my problem.

2 -- NWWaguy's screen name is posted with an extra W.  Sorry about that!

sometimes I think life is just a rodeo the trick is to ride and make it 'til the bell --john fogerty

Offline jpq716

• Expert
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2006, 08:33:57 AM »
I am glad that serious efforts are now underway to restructure this forum for the long haul. Dave Cullen threw together this board in December to ride the wave of public interest in Brokeback Mountain, never believing --- quite understandably! ---  that the forum would be anything more than an ad hoc arrangement which would pass away in a couple of months. The results of both the film and the forum have astonished us all; we all realize that what Dave brought into existence should stay in existence; and now the necessary alterations are being made. I am very happy to see this, as a forum is only as good as its posters, and some of the posters on this forum are among the most intelligent and articulate posters whom I have ever encountered on the Internet. I am happy that the revamping is taking place, and I wish it the best. I certainly will be around to check on its progress! :D :D :D
Albert Camus: "In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer."

Offline john john

• Obsessed
  • Ennis, admit it,you're falling in love.
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2006, 02:56:40 PM »
The daily sheet is where I start my day. Love it. Couldn't wake up without it. Congrats to all and a very xxx-large thank you, hoping you all fit in.

Having to hide your love is denying it.

Offline Meira

• Experienced
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2006, 06:51:08 AM »
I won!!  I won!!  Ok, i just paid the "Buy it Now" price to avoid any mishaps, but "sexy Jake Gyllenhaal" will soon be arriving in my mail, with a place for a lightswitch over his heart - that only I will be allowed to operate!!!  ;)
 Thanks to Karin for posting the Ebay link.
..your laughter's the wind in my sails....

Offline Ellen (tellyouwhat)

• Proulx 101
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • resist the corporate Taliban
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2006, 07:52:53 AM »
I won!!  I won!!  Ok, i just paid the "Buy it Now" price to avoid any mishaps, but "sexy Jake Gyllenhaal" will soon be arriving in my mail, with a place for a lightswitch over his heart - that only I will be allowed to operate!!!  ;)
 Thanks to Karin for posting the Ebay link.

Congrats, Meira, you have delivered me from temptation!  ::) ;)
sometimes I think life is just a rodeo the trick is to ride and make it 'til the bell --john fogerty

Offline paintedshoes

• Movie Lover
  • Obsessed
  • Well, I won't! "Til the next time, my friends!"
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2006, 09:57:00 AM »
I am totally shocked.  I just read the Daily Sheet for today and cannot believe that I was named Volunteer of the Day.  I so love the time I get to spend here that I consider it a privilege.  Now come on over to the diner for a cup of coffee and some good talk.  Just watch the dust, we are doing some renovating. ;)
"Miracles do happen, dear friend(s).  Miracles are real."- Boris 
"There are only two things we know: the cosmos exists and we are imbedded within the cosmos.  Everything else is speculation and discovery."- Caithness's dad
Ing's space:Ingyllenhaal+Ingstier+Ing-Myster+Ingwer+IngCannesBabe+darlING

helen_uk

« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2006, 05:11:55 AM »
I feel majorly embarrassed now at being featured!!  LOL  Oh my....   

*goes to hide*

Just one thing - I live in the rural north of Buckinghamshire, not the UK.  Bucks is very much in the south!

Offline ImEnnisShesJack

• Obsessed
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2006, 09:19:18 AM »
lol.  Helen I was going to say, it's not enough to be featured, but you have to rebutt to it as well???

Don't be embarassed.  You've been a major asset to the forum whether you know it or not.

I think it's great.
"And when he shall die,
Take him and cut him out in little stars,
And he will make the face of heaven so fine
That all the world will be in love with night."
~~Heath Ledger 1979-2008~~

Carol8159@yahoo.com

helen_uk

« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2006, 11:25:50 AM »
Don't be embarassed.  You've been a major asset to the forum whether you know it or not.

I think it's great.

Offline jack

• Tough Old Bird
  • Obsessed
  • aloha y'all...
    • My Adventures In Paradise
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2006, 05:59:29 AM »
to the kind powers that be.. please note that in the international section (cross posted to the crackerbarrel if you can't find it  ;) ) is a request for help from a spanish BBM afficianado.  perhaps you might want to broadcast that.

turns out i still had it on my clipboard.. here...,

Hi, 
We need your help!

It's official. Universal Pictures in Spain will edit only the Full Frame Brokeback Mountain version´s film and not the Widescreen option.

This unfortunately Universal Pictures´ decision means that Spain will be the only one country in the world where the Widescreen version of the movie will not appears.

It is necessary that everybody sends  a complaint to  info@universalpicturesiberia.es    protesting on this serious fact.

Also through the Web site http://www.universalpicturesiberia.es/ , link "Contacto".

Perhaps between all, Universal Pictures Spain will realize about the mistake that means his decision.

People talks about at:

http://www.zonadvd.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=4987 (in spanish)

http://www.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.zonadvd.com%2Fmodules.php%3Fname%3DNews%26file%3Darticle%26sid%3D4987&langpair=es%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF8    (Google translation)

Best Regards

Salva

Barcelona

PSD:I'm sorry for my poor Google-translate-English
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 05:43:19 AM by jack »
"through Seneca Falls, and Selma, and Stonewall..."