The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: Sports: Football, Baseball, Bball, Hockey, Etc.  (Read 447668 times)

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
Re: Sports: Football, Baseball, Bball, Hockey, Etc.
« Reply #7185 on: January 13, 2018, 06:36:08 PM »
It should be a good game tomorrow with the Saints and the Vikings. 
It'll be friggin' cold though!
If you don't impact someone, then this is all a waste.
Chris Rosati
1971-2017

Offline fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #7186 on: January 13, 2018, 06:51:53 PM »
It should be a good game tomorrow with the Saints and the Vikings. 
It'll be friggin' cold though!

At least it will be inside!

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline morrobay

• Quiet Storm
  • Obsessed
  • ...suspended above ordinary affairs...
« Reply #7187 on: January 13, 2018, 07:04:59 PM »
wimps!
If a man should importune me to give a reason why I loved him, I find it could no otherwise be expressed, than by making answer: because it was he, because it was I.
Michel de Montaigne

Offline fritzkep

• Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #7188 on: January 13, 2018, 07:15:45 PM »
 ;D

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #7189 on: January 13, 2018, 07:20:02 PM »
At least it will be inside!

Good point! I was thinking of Green Bay's stadium.
Chris Rosati
1971-2017

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #7190 on: January 13, 2018, 07:20:22 PM »
Chris Rosati
1971-2017

Offline fritzkep

• Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #7191 on: January 13, 2018, 07:33:05 PM »
Good point! I was thinking of Green Bay's stadium.

ND will be playing Wisconsin at Lambeau Field, but in a milder season, 3 October 2020.

It may be part of the "Shamrock Series", but that apparently hasn't been determined yet.

(First time playing Wisconsin since 1964)

« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 07:41:58 PM by fritzkep »

Offline morrobay

• Quiet Storm
  • Obsessed
« Reply #7192 on: January 14, 2018, 09:53:01 AM »

As the seconds ticked down and the Eagles knew that they had advanced to the NFC championship game, Jason Peters reached into his coat pocket, pulled out a dog mask and handed it to Lane Johnson.

The Eagles were the first No. 1 playoff seed to be divisional-round underdogs, and Johnson and defensive end Chris Long thought they’d have some fun at the expense of the oddsmakers and the many who had picked against their team.

This past week, Johnson had a buddy purchase the dog masks – German shepherds – off Amazon.

“Just something a little fun,” Johnson said.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/eagles-falcons-score-analysis-offensive-line-lane-johnson-underdog-mask-20180113.html
If a man should importune me to give a reason why I loved him, I find it could no otherwise be expressed, than by making answer: because it was he, because it was I.
Michel de Montaigne

Offline fritzkep

• Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #7193 on: January 14, 2018, 12:15:12 PM »
Good article in WaPo today about Gus Kenworthy, seems that since he has come out, his career has skyrocketed. Good for him!

He had me with his puppies.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/olympics/since-coming-out-freestyle-skier-gus-kenworthy-has-taken-off/2018/01/11/bc14dd3e-f47b-11e7-a9e3-ab18ce41436a_story.html?utm_term=.098a724faf17

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #7194 on: January 14, 2018, 03:34:33 PM »
^^^

Hate the tattoo's though.

Offline morrobay

• Quiet Storm
  • Obsessed
« Reply #7195 on: January 19, 2018, 07:21:01 PM »
Super Bowl 2018: Outraged Eagles fans fear game is fixed after seeing NFL ad

PHILADELPHIA -- An ad that appeared this week on the NFL's various social media platforms drew the ire of Eagles fans ahead of Sunday's NFC Championship Game against the Minnesota Vikings at Lincoln Financial Field, because it appears to predict the teams that will be playing in Super Bowl LII.

The advertisement, promoting a contest to win Super Bowl tickets, shows New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady opposite Vikings quarterback Case Keenum flanking the Super Bowl logo.

The ad below appears on the official, verified Facebook page of the NFL. Check out the screenshot captured Friday morning:

As expected, Eagles fans flooded the initial Facebook posts with angry comments and suggestions that the game is fixed:

Michel de Montaigne

Offline morrobay

• Quiet Storm
  • Obsessed
« Reply #7196 on: January 19, 2018, 07:28:59 PM »
NFL admits it botched Super Bowl ad that angered Eagles

PHILADELPHIA -- Oops.

Despite the fact that Eagles fans used it to amplify their underdog rallying cry, and several players expected it to wind up on their bulletin boards prior to Sunday's NFC Championship Game, the NFL admitted Friday that an ad featuring a Super Bowl matchup featuring the New England Patriots and Minnesota Vikings was a mistake.

"It was a regrettable mistake," an NFL spokesman told NJ Advance Media via email on Friday afternoon. "The ads were mocked up using all the [possible] combinations, but weren't supposed to go until Monday when the matchup is known. Obviously, someone jumped the gun."
Michel de Montaigne

Offline morrobay

• Quiet Storm
  • Obsessed
« Reply #7197 on: January 19, 2018, 09:42:40 PM »
I can't imagine this will keep Brady out of a playoff game...or any other game.

Tom Brady (thumb) questionable for Patriots vs. Jags

The intrigue surrounding Tom Brady's thumb injury will continue into Sunday.

The New England Patriots listed Brady as questionable to play against the Jacksonville Jaguars in Sunday's AFC Championship Game because of a hand injury.

A source close to the situation told NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport that Brady suffered a cut to his right thumb during Wednesday's practice. The cut was gushing blood and required stitches, per Rapoport.

After not practicing Thursday, Brady was limited Friday. A source told Rapoport that Brady was "zinging it pretty good" during the session.

Brady wouldn't talk about the injury during Friday's news conference, giving only short, clipped answers about his status. The Patriots quarterback mostly vacillated between "I'm not talking about it" (when asked about his hand), and "we'll see" (when queried about his status). Brady also wore gloves on both hands during the entire media session.
Michel de Montaigne

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
« Reply #7198 on: January 20, 2018, 10:33:24 AM »
The European figure skating championships have been taking place the past few days,  and the competition is finishing up this weekend.

The competition is for European countries, and the big story at the moment is Javier Fernandez from Spain.   He was not having a good season this year, he won gold at his first Grand Prix stop (Internationaux de France), but when he went to Cup of China, he faltered and ended up in 6th.  This cost him a spot at the Grand Prix final, so he missed a major competition on an Olympic year.

Yesterday he was able to recover, and put together a great program.  He finished first, winning his 6th consecutive European Championship.

It puts him "in the conversation" for a medal at the Olympics, however, because Europeans is for European countries only, he didn't compete against the top skaters of Canada, China, Japan or the US.

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
« Reply #7199 on: January 20, 2018, 07:28:08 PM »
The women's competition at the European Championships gave us an upset.

Alina Zagitova hands Yevgenia Medvedeva first loss in 2 years

By:  Nick Zaccardi

Russian Yevgenia Medvedeva is no longer the clear favorite in the Winter Olympics’ marquee event.  The two-time world champion lost for the first time in more than two years, upset by training partner Alina Zagitova at the European Figure Skating Championships in Moscow.  Italian Carolina Kostner earned bronze.

Zagitova, the 15-year-old world junior champion, set personal bests in the short program and free skate.  Medvedeva, in her first competition since November due to a broken foot, had a few struggled on landings in her free skate. She also stumbled out of a double Axel in her short program.

http://www.nbcolympics.com/news/alina-zagitova-hands-yevgenia-medvedeva-first-loss-2-years

Losing one competition really isn't a big deal, however,  Medvedeva has been talked about as the favorite to be the gold medal winner for the past 2 years.  She's been unbeatable, winning gold in EVERY event she entered.  This is the first time she had to accept silver.