The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: Mourning Someone Who Has Died  (Read 695562 times)

Offline paintedshoes

• Movie Lover
  • Obsessed
  • Well, I won't! "Til the next time, my friends!"
Re: Mourning Someone Who Has Died
« Reply #870 on: December 06, 2007, 06:15:02 PM »
Today would have been my mother's 83rd birthday.  It's kind of strange to think of it, but I hope she is now herself again, after having faded away the way she did the last few years of her life.  It was terrible to see, and I wouldn't wish it on anybody.  Anyway, Happy Birthday, Ma.
My thoughts are with you, friend.  I truly believe that she IS now herself.  Happy Birthday, Ma!  From all of us.   :-*

Linda, hugs to you and your memories of  Rick!   :-*
"Miracles do happen, dear friend(s).  Miracles are real."- Boris 
"There are only two things we know: the cosmos exists and we are imbedded within the cosmos.  Everything else is speculation and discovery."- Caithness's dad
Ing's space:Ingyllenhaal+Ingstier+Ing-Myster+Ingwer+IngCannesBabe+darlING

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #871 on: December 06, 2007, 07:17:13 PM »
Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and hugs. Mid-November to mid-December is rough for me because there's a mixture of birthdays and anniversaries of deaths--all while trying to think about Christmas.

{{{Linda}}}

Thanks so much beruthiel. This is the same problem I have from the 1st to the 15th, when he passed away.

This is the first year I am decorating since Rick passed away. I figure I have started a new chapter in my life, so I am doing this for myself.
"Life can only be understood backwards. Unfortunately, it must be lived forward."
... Kierkegaard

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #872 on: December 06, 2007, 07:18:53 PM »
I didn't know Rick wore rose colored glasses, Linda!  The more I find out about him, the more I think we would have gotten along well.  I'll keep him in my thoughts too.

Yes, Michael he did. Everyone used to say he looked at the world thru rose colored glasses, and I think he did.

Yes the two of you would have gotten along great!!
"Life can only be understood backwards. Unfortunately, it must be lived forward."
... Kierkegaard

Offline fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #873 on: December 06, 2007, 07:19:20 PM »
(((((((((((((((((LINDA))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #874 on: December 06, 2007, 07:21:20 PM »
Thanks Fritz, as always!
... Kierkegaard

Offline beruthiel

• Obsessed
  • nam myoho renge kyo
« Reply #875 on: December 06, 2007, 07:34:07 PM »
My thoughts are with you, friend.  I truly believe that she IS now herself.  Happy Birthday, Ma!  From all of us.   :-*

Thanks!
"A patriot must always be prepared to defend his country against his government." Edward Abbey

Offline lovelyamazing

• Gyllenigma
  • Obsessed
  • There are places we can't return
    • Harvey Meets Jack
« Reply #876 on: December 06, 2007, 07:36:07 PM »
Today would have been my mother's 83rd birthday.  It's kind of strange to think of it, but I hope she is now herself again, after having faded away the way she did the last few years of her life.  It was terrible to see, and I wouldn't wish it on anybody.  Anyway, Happy Birthday, Ma.

((((((Beruthiel)))))) I can so understand what you're feeling. Believe me - she IS herself, now, having broken free of the chains of earthly existence that can sometimes twist the real person beyond recognition. What you went through over several years, I had a glimpse of in an intense "capsule" for two weeks. I know that your Ma and mine are both in a good place. And many many butterflies have been flitting in and out through my windows to reassure me of that.

Happy Birthday Ma from me too. :-*
"Once in a while
someone comes along
and changes everything
you believe about yourself"

Offline beruthiel

• Obsessed
  • nam myoho renge kyo
« Reply #877 on: December 06, 2007, 08:32:53 PM »
((((((Beruthiel)))))) I can so understand what you're feeling. Believe me - she IS herself, now, having broken free of the chains of earthly existence that can sometimes twist the real person beyond recognition. What you went through over several years, I had a glimpse of in an intense "capsule" for two weeks. I know that your Ma and mine are both in a good place. And many many butterflies have been flitting in and out through my windows to reassure me of that.

Happy Birthday Ma from me too. :-*

Hi Lovely!

Thanks, and hugs back to you. 
I am sure that both our mothers are in a good place and are "their best selves." And are sending us butterflies  ;D. I hope you are feeling better.  :-*

Beruthiel
"A patriot must always be prepared to defend his country against his government." Edward Abbey

Offline Miaisland

• Lady of the midnight sun
  • Obsessed
  • Sending up a prayer of thanks
« Reply #878 on: December 12, 2007, 11:33:38 AM »
This is the first year I am decorating since Rick passed away. I figure I have started a new chapter in my life, so I am doing this for myself.

((((((((((((((((((((Linda)))))))))))))))))))))))
“Ours is not the task of fixing the entire world at once, but of stretching out to mend the part of the world that is within our reach.” - Clarissa Pinkola Estés

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #879 on: December 15, 2007, 02:53:38 AM »
Hi all.
I just wanted to thank all of you for your support the last couple of weeks. It has been wonderful to be able to come here and know that when I am having a down day, you are all here to help me up. To share what changes are occurring in my life as I deal with the remembrance of the last weeks of Rick's life and the 3rd anniversary of Rick's death.

That is today the 15th of December. I guess since my life has changed so much this year (all for the better I might add) I am feeling more the impact of Rick's death. I remember all the wonderful things during our 31 years of marriage, as well as the not so good things, but all this makes up what our lives together were about.

I go forward without him, and hope that he is looking and saying "You go girl"! A friend suggested that I go do something today that he would have enjoyed and I plan on doing just that.

Thanks again to all of you. Your support is the greatest gift.

Linda
... Kierkegaard

Offline dahlia

• lonewolf
  • Obsessed
  • Oändligt är vårt stora äventyr
« Reply #880 on: December 15, 2007, 03:16:08 AM »

I go forward without him, and hope that he is looking and saying "You go girl"! A friend suggested that I go do something today that he would have enjoyed and I plan on doing just that.

Linda

I think it's a very good suggestion.
I'm not religious, so I'm not telling you that he is actually looking at you....who knows?

Yet in other cultures, that someone labels as 'more primitive' than our western culture, they say that he 'has gone beyond the veil'. And they havent lost the power to feel the spirit of those we loved, that stays here and accompany us silently.

And we too, that remain here, with our grief, in a way are forced to cross many doors ....and the loss itself brings new things to our life and our consciousness. And some gifts too...it's not been up to us to choose (oh no!)....but still they are here. Let's take them and let's them be part of our person.

Love
D

Offline Miaisland

• Lady of the midnight sun
  • Obsessed
  • Sending up a prayer of thanks
« Reply #881 on: December 15, 2007, 03:46:09 AM »

Oh, Linda, it's hard for me to imagine what you are going through.

Sounds like your friend is wise, and a good friend.

Take care!
Mia
“Ours is not the task of fixing the entire world at once, but of stretching out to mend the part of the world that is within our reach.” - Clarissa Pinkola Estés

Offline MaineGirl

• Lighthouse Lady
  • Obsessed
  • Be gentle with yourself...
« Reply #882 on: December 15, 2007, 06:33:46 AM »
That is today the 15th of December. I guess since my life has changed so much this year (all for the better I might add) I am feeling more the impact of Rick's death. I remember all the wonderful things during our 31 years of marriage, as well as the not so good things, but all this makes up what our lives together were about.

((((((((Linda)))))))) 

I am sure that as long as Rick lives in your heart he is with you in spirit.   

Sounds like you have very wise and good friend to suggest doing something that he would have liked.  Enjoy your day!   

"It is no accident that we all lie nestled together in the curves of the universe.  We are tugged by the forces of the celestial tides.  Time folds in on itself and outward again in gladness as we spin around, each of us an utter miracle in a sea of tiny white stars."  Jamien E. Morehouse

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • Official Diner "Recapper"!
« Reply #883 on: December 15, 2007, 12:27:09 PM »
Hugs to you, Linda!

Offline fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #884 on: December 15, 2007, 02:41:50 PM »
Big (((((((((((((((((((((LINDA)))))))))))))))))))))))!

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."