The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: Mourning Someone Who Has Died  (Read 689765 times)

Offline MaineGirl

• Lighthouse Lady
  • Obsessed
  • Be gentle with yourself...
Re: Mourning Someone Who Has Died
« Reply #960 on: February 19, 2008, 04:53:15 AM »
Today it's two weeks since my friend and former colleague suddenly died, much to young, leaving a wife and young children. The funeral, nearly two weeks from now will be very hard.

At the same time me and my brother goes through my fathers things, all the things he left behind, as we now have to split them up between us. This is not an easy process, it's like saying goodbye again.

And this morning I was told that a dear friend of my father and our family died. For fifteen years he was also a summer neighbor of mine, my only connection here to my father.

I am a bit lost at the moment.
 :'( :'( :'(

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Mia)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I am so sorry to hear about your family friend.  You are in my thoughts............

It is never easy going through the things of a loved one..... it is like living it over again.  For us, though, it became a time of reminiscences as things we remembered from our childhoods, long since forgotten, appeared again.  Very bittersweet. 
"It is no accident that we all lie nestled together in the curves of the universe.  We are tugged by the forces of the celestial tides.  Time folds in on itself and outward again in gladness as we spin around, each of us an utter miracle in a sea of tiny white stars."  Jamien E. Morehouse

Offline ingmarnicebbmt

• THE MAKER MAKES
  • Obsessed
  • FOR HEAVEN's JAKE ! Jakeing off at Jakea.
« Reply #961 on: February 19, 2008, 04:59:03 AM »

*hugs (((Mia)))*

:-*

WISE UP

IngKräddiBöll & Ingmariposa & Ingelspringel & Ingicito & Ingalicious & IngWriter & Annbilivöbäll WORD WIZARD

sausage-on-a-roll-poster & charkuterimästare

And maybe, he thought, they'd never got much farther than that.

Offline Marz

• heaths little angel
  • Obsessed
« Reply #962 on: February 19, 2008, 05:40:58 AM »
id just like to say a big thank you to everyone on this forum for all there kind messages at this sad time for me and my family
thank you so much for all your support on saturday for the first time since my nan passed away (over a month ago) i cried for the first time (ive been in shock for a long time) i cried none stop for about 2 hours and i felt alot better after finally letting all my feelings out
again thank you so much and i just hope i can be as kind and helpful to any other forum members on here that have lost loved ones,as you have been to me
thank you x
John 'Marz' Wayne

Offline MaineGirl

• Lighthouse Lady
  • Obsessed
« Reply #963 on: February 19, 2008, 05:48:40 AM »
(((((((((((((((((Marz)))))))))))))))))))
"It is no accident that we all lie nestled together in the curves of the universe.  We are tugged by the forces of the celestial tides.  Time folds in on itself and outward again in gladness as we spin around, each of us an utter miracle in a sea of tiny white stars."  Jamien E. Morehouse

Offline Miaisland

• Lady of the midnight sun
  • Obsessed
  • Sending up a prayer of thanks
« Reply #964 on: February 19, 2008, 06:00:08 AM »
Thank you, ((((((((((((( friends ))))))))))))!

Words going through my mind today:

"O Gertrude, Gertrude,
When sorrows come, they come not single spies
But in battalions."

King Claudius in Hamlet

“Ours is not the task of fixing the entire world at once, but of stretching out to mend the part of the world that is within our reach.” - Clarissa Pinkola Estés

Offline Miaisland

• Obsessed
« Reply #965 on: February 19, 2008, 06:01:15 AM »
id just like to say a big thank you to everyone on this forum for all there kind messages at this sad time for me and my family
thank you so much for all your support on saturday for the first time since my nan passed away (over a month ago) i cried for the first time (ive been in shock for a long time) i cried none stop for about 2 hours and i felt alot better after finally letting all my feelings out
again thank you so much and i just hope i can be as kind and helpful to any other forum members on here that have lost loved ones,as you have been to me
thank you x

(((((((((((((((((((( Marz )))))))))))))))))))
“Ours is not the task of fixing the entire world at once, but of stretching out to mend the part of the world that is within our reach.” - Clarissa Pinkola Estés

Offline mcnell1120

• Vida Loca
  • Obsessed
  • Footsteps in my life....leave memories in my heart
« Reply #966 on: February 19, 2008, 03:31:21 PM »
Today it's two weeks since my friend and former colleague suddenly died, much to young, leaving a wife and young children. The funeral, nearly two weeks from now will be very hard.

At the same time me and my brother goes through my fathers things, all the things he left behind, as we now have to split them up between us. This is not an easy process, it's like saying goodbye again.

And this morning I was told that a dear friend of my father and our family died. For fifteen years he was also a summer neighbor of mine, my only connection here to my father.

I am a bit lost at the moment.
 :'( :'( :'(

I'm sorry Mia.............(((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))

It's hard,I know...but you're in my thoughts and prayers....I always include all of you in them...to soothe your soul and strengthen your hearts...think of the good memories hon.

Nellie
RICKY MARTIN ,tu eres mi Kiki !

Offline mcnell1120

• Vida Loca
  • Obsessed
« Reply #967 on: February 19, 2008, 03:32:28 PM »
thank you x

((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))) to you too,Marz...I'm glad you find comfort in all this!

Nellie

Offline Marz

• heaths little angel
  • Obsessed
« Reply #968 on: February 20, 2008, 06:08:52 AM »
thank you everyone
Marz x hugs to everyone
mia i have sent you a PM x
ps; thank you to Nellie
John 'Marz' Wayne

Offline beruthiel

• Obsessed
  • nam myoho renge kyo
« Reply #969 on: February 27, 2008, 12:49:42 PM »
My amazing, multi-talented mother died a year ago today. I think knowing this day was coming made Heath's death even harder to bear.  :'(

Hugs to everyone in mourning.

"A patriot must always be prepared to defend his country against his government." Edward Abbey

Offline MaineGirl

• Lighthouse Lady
  • Obsessed
« Reply #970 on: February 27, 2008, 02:12:41 PM »
My amazing, multi-talented mother died a year ago today. I think knowing this day was coming made Heath's death even harder to bear.  :'(

((((((((((((((((((((((((beruthiel)))))))))))))))))))))))))

Offline Miaisland

• Obsessed
« Reply #971 on: February 27, 2008, 02:19:11 PM »

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Beruthiel ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Offline beruthiel

• Obsessed
  • nam myoho renge kyo
« Reply #972 on: February 27, 2008, 04:31:43 PM »
Thank you.

{{{{{{{{{miaisland}}}}}}}}}

{{{{{{{{{MaineGirl}}}}}}}}}

"A patriot must always be prepared to defend his country against his government." Edward Abbey

Offline mcnell1120

• Vida Loca
  • Obsessed
« Reply #973 on: February 28, 2008, 01:32:07 PM »

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Beruthie )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Offline mcnell1120

• Vida Loca
  • Obsessed
« Reply #974 on: February 28, 2008, 02:21:32 PM »
I wasn't going to come in here and discuss this past wake I've been to on Tuesday....but the more I thought about it,the more it made some sense..

I'm the type of person that once something enters my head...forget it...I have to let it all out now.

At first I thought..."ok,another friend of mine has died".....but now I'm looking at it a little differently...another person that has touched me has moved to a better place...their deed is done and now God has other plans for them....I have another guardian angel...how lucky I am,huh?

She was an older lady I grew to know and love back in my old job..she was already retired now...married,had kids....lived alone for a few more years...her husband had died a few years back..was never happy with him,stayed together because of her kids...all those familiar things .

We kept in contact by sending birthday ,Christmas ,and St. Patrick's day cards...it was nice. She told me she was going to re-marry...I was floored. She was having a little ceremony in church,the same time I was scheduled to work...never went but sent her my best....we were suppose to get together for lunch....it never happened....now she's gone.

It really pisses me off that life is like this...we're always so busy with life..always thinking that you have more time.."later" ..."I'll do it later"..."I'm too tired right now,maybe next week"...."I've been driving all day,I'm not going anywhere now"....ugh

Her kids thought she was crazy getting married again with an old friend of hers..."Mom,you're too old for this,don't you think?" She was lonely and this man treated her like a princess. He had a crush on her for such a long time...why not? they were only married for a couple months,maybe 4 months if that? But they were the best days of her life..

You see,it doesn't matter how old you are or what your circumstances are..it's never to late. Live your life...NOW! Don't wait until tomorrow,it may never come..and then what?

Happy St.Patrick's Day..Mary Simpson....even though it's a bit early....I love you and know you were happy the last days of your life....thank you for enriching my heart and soul

Nellie