The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: Mourning Someone Who Has Died  (Read 338887 times)

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
Re: Mourning Someone Who Has Died
« Reply #3555 on: December 28, 2016, 05:38:51 PM »

Hello members!!!!  The Admin/Mod/Tech team is coming to you with news for the new year.

When this forum was originally founded, it was under the URL we all know, www.DaveCullen.com, however, it was often referred to as the "Ultimate Brokeback Forum".  Dave's website had a link to the forum, and the two entities were joined as one.

For a host of technical reasons beyond Dave’s technical ability, he needs to turn his website over to a service that can handle much of the work—and it can’t support the massive forum database. Dave really wants the forum to proceed, so the solution is simple: just split Dave’s personal pages and the forum to two separate web addresses. Everything else remains the same.

To continue to follow Dave Cullen, you can use the existing address,   www.DaveCullen.com .

To access the Ultimate Brokeback Forum, you will need to bookmark this new address:   https://www.UltimateBrokebackForum.com/forum.

We expect this change to take place within a week's time, and there should be no major disruption to the forum.   While the UBF will no longer be linked to DCF,  Dave Cullen will retain his ownership of both sites. 

Please continue to watch the threads/newsbox for further updates!  We will attempt to give you all 24 hours notice before the change takes place.  However, you should make note of the new address now.  If you try to log in at the old address and you are unable to, try to use the new address.  Thanks for your continued participation in this community!

« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 01:20:02 PM by killersmom »

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #3556 on: March 28, 2017, 10:11:12 PM »
We lost another Brokie forum member today. canmark joined the forum on 12/25/2005.
Mark started on the old Salon Blog that Dave Cullen started back in 2005, before DCF was started.

His first post on 12/27/05:
Wow, I'm so happy to be finally up and running on the new message board. Thanks to Dave C. and the Man In Parentheses. When I get a chance I will more formally introduce myself, but I was one of the Mark's on the old board. The "can" in "canmark" stands for Canada, as I am from Toronto. Happy Holidays everyone! May the Force of BBM be with you.

Mark loved movies and started very early recommending movies to forum members. He also loved the theater and posted about attending the theater as much as he could in Canada.

Mark was active on the forum up until December 2015. He posted a lot all over the forum, but really liked to discuss the films and theater he enjoyed seeing.

He was diagnosed with ALS – Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, known as Lou Gerhigs disease, and has been battling this disease for years. He succumbed to this terrible disease yesterday, 03/27/17. He was very open about his diagnosis and chronicled it on Facebook.

May he rest in peace from his battle with this terrible disease. He will be missed.
As the years pass you forget about your age, because inside, you always stay the same.
Sally Field

Offline Sara B

• Obsessed
« Reply #3557 on: March 29, 2017, 01:42:52 AM »
Thank you for telling us, Linda. I used to enjoy Mark's film posts, and he was so brave about his illness. Rest in peace, Mark.
There were only the two of them on the mountain flying in the euphoric, bitter air, looking down on the hawk's back and the crawling lights of vehicles on the plain below, suspended above ordinary affairs....

Offline ingmarnicebbmt

• THE MAKER MAKES
  • Obsessed
  • FOR HEAVEN's JAKE ! Jakeing off at Jakea.
« Reply #3558 on: March 29, 2017, 01:46:35 AM »

Very sad to hear.

All good thoughts go to his family and friends.

:'(
WISE UP

Ing Kräddi Böll & Ingmariposa & Ingelspringel & Ingalicious & IngWriter & Annbilivöbäll WORD WIZARD

sausage-on-a-roll-poster & charkuterimästare

"And maybe, he thought, they'd never got much farther than that."

Offline fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #3559 on: March 29, 2017, 02:55:56 PM »
Eternal rest grant unto him, and let perpetual light shine upon him.

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
« Reply #3560 on: March 29, 2017, 06:00:47 PM »
prayers, love and good thoughts to his family and friends.

Offline Dave Cullen

• Author/Journalist
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • Founder, Editor
    • Columbine
« Reply #3561 on: March 31, 2017, 01:44:43 PM »
Very sad.  :'(

Thanks for letting us know. And nice job finding his first post. That was really cool to read.

Who was "the Man In Parentheses"?

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #3562 on: March 31, 2017, 02:22:34 PM »
Very sad.  :'(

Thanks for letting us know. And nice job finding his first post. That was really cool to read.

Who was "the Man In Parentheses"?

Parenthetical Greg, Dave.
As the years pass you forget about your age, because inside, you always stay the same.
Sally Field

Offline Dave Cullen

• Author/Journalist
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • Founder, Editor
    • Columbine
« Reply #3563 on: March 31, 2017, 02:42:19 PM »
Oh course! I knew as soon as you told me, it would be obvious! haha.

I figured it had to be a running joke at the time, but couldn't place it. But it came back fast. I forgot we called Greg that. I miss him.

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #3564 on: March 31, 2017, 02:54:53 PM »
Me too, Dave.
Sally Field

Offline Sason

• The Proverbial Swenglish Axegirl
  • Obsessed
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #3565 on: April 01, 2017, 12:40:36 PM »
Another Brokie gone.....very sad  :(
It’s a movie about love that knows no boundaries and loneliness that knows no relief

Ennis, a man at war with himself every day of his life

The song may have ended but the melody lingers on

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #3566 on: July 16, 2017, 11:11:37 PM »
The Oscar-Winning Actor Martin Landau Has Died Aged 89

(LOS ANGELES) — Martin Landau, the chameleon-like actor who gained fame as the crafty master of disguise in the 1960s TV show Mission: Impossible, then capped a long and versatile career with an Oscar for his poignant portrayal of aging horror movie star Bela Lugosi in 1994's Ed Wood, has died. He was 89.
Landau died Saturday of unexpected complications during a short stay at UCLA Medical Center, his publicist Dick Guttman said.

http://time.com/4860281/martin-landau-actor-died/
Sally Field

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #3567 on: July 16, 2017, 11:25:08 PM »
Celebrities and Filmmakers Pay Tribute to Director George Romero, Who Died Aged 77

George A. Romero, the filmmaker behind such classic zombie horror films as "Night of the Living Dead" and "Day of the Dead", died Sunday of lung cancer. He was 77.
A statement from Romero’s manager noted that Romero leaves behind friends, family, and “a filmmaking legacy that has endured, and will continue to endure, the test of time.” That sentiment certainly was apparent as celebrities paid tribute to the artist across social media.

http://time.com/4860284/george-romero-death-celebrities-filmmakers-tribute/
Sally Field