The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: Ooops - the Little Brits Discussion  (Read 688327 times)

Offline Zudos

• Viscount Libertine
  • Obsessed
  • Darkness belongs to night skies & nothing else
Re: Ooops - the little Brits discussion
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2006, 03:23:29 PM »
Lola, double dog dare (whatever that is) accepted... and carried out... You owe me... And even if I do say so myself... deftly woven into the thread...

Hi Vicky, thought you had left us... Its mad that people laughed too at your showing of the reunion kiss... The only thought I had, was that Alma looked really shocked (as she would), but do you think people thought that this was going to turn into a funny moment, with her chasing him with the broom handle in a benny hill kind of way...??? 
The Greatest thing is to love and be loved in return...

Or

To breakfast at PRADA

Offline Vicky0uk

• Expert
« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2006, 03:40:32 PM »
Well it didn't seem to be that sort of laughter........it was more of a horrified kind. Certainly not the sort of laughter that I've heard in a comedy.

I know I gasped. Perhaps others would laugh instead.

I don't know. But the audience was a sympathetic audience (very central London/Old Crompton Street)....and silent at all other points. Apart from the woman behind me who I've mentioned in another post. I couldn't believe her.....when Jack was washing the shirts she said
'Oooo, he's got his boots on'

and in the scene with Ennis and Alma when he flips her over she said

'Look at his pyjama bottoms!'

If she had commented during any of the really emotional scenes there would have been blood I can tell you!

Offline Zudos

• Viscount Libertine
  • Obsessed
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2006, 03:43:11 PM »
What an odd woman... Obviously very disturbed...

LondonPhil mentioned earlier that we should all try and get together for a viewing...

Does anyone want to canvass any dates, or suggest days first maybe which are best... i.e. weekday or weekend...     

Or

To breakfast at PRADA

Offline londonphil

• Feet Wet
« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2006, 04:04:03 PM »
Hi Zudos - back from my beers now but of course feeling just as bad as before! Trouble is, I sit in the bar listening to the soundtrack on my bloody Ipod! Can't shake this bloody film off. But I am loving the way it has taken over my life. And it has changed my life. I think about it all the time, and it is so wonderful to know that there are so many people who think the same way - ioncluding someone just around the corner! xxx

Offline Zudos

• Viscount Libertine
  • Obsessed
« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2006, 04:06:55 PM »
Phil... Did you go on your own...? You should have said, I could have joined you...

I am off to bed in a minute, as have to get up to drive to Cotswolds for an early meeting, but if you have MSN set up, PM me your address and I can chat to you tomorrow evening...

AND SWITCH THAT MUSIC OFF NOW...!!! And put a smile on...

Or

To breakfast at PRADA

Offline londonphil

• Feet Wet
« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2006, 04:07:15 PM »
P.S. I need notice if get-together is at a weekend for reasons Ennis would understand (ie looking after beautiful kids from a doomed and failed marriage)...otherwise my only available day/night is Thursday because I work out of London other days. So hope we can sort this. We all need to talk!!!

Offline londonphil

• Feet Wet
« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2006, 04:10:57 PM »
Zudos - hope you are still on line - don't know how to do what you suggest but I will try to do it but hey, please come with me to Muswell Hill next thursday.... keep in touch...and if by any chance you are on gaydar  :) i am philfleet!!

Offline londonphil

• Feet Wet
« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2006, 04:24:06 PM »
Any chance anyone could tell me how to change the time on the website to GMT? If there isn't a way to fix it, I suppose we'll all have to stand it, but I bet there's a way. Or, should I say, 'You bet!"  :)

Offline londonphil

• Feet Wet
« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2006, 05:00:24 PM »
Dear Zudos

Thanks for being such a good man.

Hope you sleep well and enjoy the Cotswolds - so beautiful - message me when you can, I need to talk about this film so much.

Friday night I am at some bloody works do in Kent but will be back at my computer Sat am...as will my kids...so be patient: don't email anything thery shouldn't see ;)

Any chance we can organise something for next Thursday?  :)

I'm a TV presenter...nothing too famous!...but need to confirm things on the day cos things can change - hope they don't! Almost certainly they won't. :)

The 1400 screening is off cos of half term, I think it's now 1700 ish., Desperately need someone to talk to abut this amazing thing.  :'( :) :'( :) :'( :) :'( :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

It'l be a first for me to see the film with a friend. So far I h've laways had to try to hide my tears - which is bloody difficult!!

helen_uk

« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2006, 05:13:42 PM »
Any chance anyone could tell me how to change the time on the website to GMT? If there isn't a way to fix it, I suppose we'll all have to stand it, but I bet there's a way. Or, should I say, 'You bet!"  :)

Go into your profile and you can change the settings there.  :)

Offline londonphil

• Feet Wet
« Reply #70 on: February 09, 2006, 06:11:48 PM »
Zudos
Hope all's well
I kind of feel I sound as if I went a bit over the top in my previous stuff - pls tell me I didn't! Please tell me I am just watching a cinematic miracle. And people who can't fix it should live with it.
Love Phil x

Online killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #71 on: February 10, 2006, 06:50:06 AM »
I forgot to post this over here...sorry,  hope you all will join in :D

CLAP :o  OFF TOPIC   :o

Auntie would like to take this opportunity for all the virgins,::)  feet wets,:D  and experienceds :o  to come on over to the MEET & GREET board and post your picture in the member pic thread because we all would like to SEE what you look like.

As for you experts8) and obsesseds???, shame on you that you have not done so already :( You have no excuses  >:(

We also have a place to post your best bud pet pics (say that 3 times real fast :P) to show everyone their cute mugs to go along with your cute mug ;D

So to make it easy
so you have no excuses
heres the links

http://davecullen.com/forum/index.php?topic=109.0

http://davecullen.com/forum/index.php?topic=360.0

And so that there can be no more excuses because you say you are a technology dunderhead, we even have instructions on  how to post those pics for :D

http://davecullen.com/forum/index.php?topic=62.0

Now, be good and mind Auntie, and walk on over, see what we have to offer, because you might be surprised :o
...you may even run into someone you know :D

It's also a good way to remind yourself what you look like after you have had a marathon posting session, in case you get lost and can't remember how to get home ???

CLAP   ::) ON TOPIC  ::)
"Life can only be understood backwards. Unfortunately, it must be lived forward."
... Kierkegaard

Offline Zudos

• Viscount Libertine
  • Obsessed
« Reply #72 on: February 10, 2006, 12:55:55 PM »
Hi all... Not much time at the moment, so just a quick post... Just back from work Grrrrr.... And need to get the place cleared up, as friends arriving in a bit...

Hey Phil, Thanks for the posts... Hopefully next THursday will be a goer, but I am not sure I can be back from work by 5pm... Is there a later showing... Also need to check my work schedule as I can be anywhere across the country...!!!

And you did not put anything over the top...

Am out all day tomorrow, so try again on Sunday...

And WELCOME to Lorena...  You make some interesting points, worthy of discussion... WHere are you on the South Coast...?

Or

To breakfast at PRADA

helen_uk

« Reply #73 on: February 10, 2006, 02:06:15 PM »
BBM is no longer showing at our local cinema.  Is it closing off elsewhere too?

Offline Zudos

• Viscount Libertine
  • Obsessed
« Reply #74 on: February 10, 2006, 02:27:13 PM »
Not sure Helen, and have been on the road today, and do not have a Time Out... But fear not... if it is ending, remember that I have the DVD - So when the pangs get too much we can all meet up and watch it together on DVD...

Or

To breakfast at PRADA