The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: Canadian, eh!  (Read 151058 times)

Offline phrag3

• Expert
  • I remember.
Canadian, eh!
« on: March 21, 2006, 09:51:35 AM »
From some discussions last night with fellow Canadians, I'll start this thread as a meeting place for Canuks to talk, visit and whatever.

Dan

Nick_F

Re: Canadian, eh!
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2006, 09:58:45 AM »
From some discussions last night with fellow Canadians, I'll start this thread as a meeting place for Canuks to talk, visit and whatever.

Dan

Welcome to the Meet and Greets Dan!. I don't need to show you about, cos you have already been around.

Nick

Offline Brunel

• Feet Wet
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2006, 12:12:14 PM »
Hello fellow Canadians,
So happy there's a forum for us Canuks. 
Kisses and Hugs   :)

Nick_F

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2006, 12:43:10 PM »
Hey Brunel, fellow Canuks left you  alone here?

Offline phrag3

• Expert
  • I remember.
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2006, 01:29:14 PM »
He'll never be alone here.

We may have cold winters, but are hearts are warm!

Hugs,

Dan

Offline Brunel

• Feet Wet
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2006, 05:12:49 PM »
He'll never be alone here.

We may have cold winters, but are hearts are warm!

Hugs,

Dan
This is so nice.  And God knows it's still cold here.  But I don't mind it, as Dan put it so well there are other Canadians to keep me warm  ;)
Hugs

Offline Brunel

• Feet Wet
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2006, 05:35:22 PM »
I'm gonna try to go see BBM one last time on the big screen this weekend.  Try cos I don't know if it will be playing.  I'm gonna go with my niece who is 20.  I figure it's a nice experience to share and maybe it will allow us to know each other better.

Offline quithammerin

• Expert
  • We'll lick this damn ranch into shape
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2006, 06:29:49 PM »
Great, it worked (see previous post) A westerner here, and I know the Calgary Stampede will never be the same.  Has someone posted this link to the CBC website - about BBM in China?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/viewpoint/vp_metz/20060307.html

"post merged from seperate thread" : Nick_F

« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 03:20:29 AM by Nick_F »
"This happen a other people?  What the hell do they do?"  -  Ennis Del Mar

Offline phrag3

• Expert
  • I remember.
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2006, 06:50:33 PM »
I think you will get a different perspective seeing it again. I've seen it five times now and each time, although difficult, allows me to see different aspects of the relationship that I didn't see before. I still cry - but that can be healing in itself.

Let us know how it goes.

Hugs as always

Dan

Offline quithammerin

• Expert
  • We'll lick this damn ranch into shape
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2006, 07:01:33 PM »

Dan

Apologies from a newbie here - how the heck do you start a new post without quoting, and get it in the right place?  (it's embarrasing to ask, but what am I gonna do?)  And are there friendly moderators who can put my stray posts out of their misery? I have never, never been part of an internet discussion before....one of the weird things this movie/story have done to me!

And while I'm at it, how do you get the quotes so you comments are not in the box?  Many thanks in advance to any patient person who can sort me out...
"This happen a other people?  What the hell do they do?"  -  Ennis Del Mar

Offline phrag3

• Expert
  • I remember.
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2006, 07:09:48 PM »
Just hit Reply at the bottom. That will let you post without a quote. If you want to use a quote, look at the top of the post you are reading and hit quote there. Then you have to scroll down until all of the quote is done. Your post will appear outside.

I'm no expert as you can see by my numbers.

But welcome to the Canadian thread. It was just started today as a result of a few of us Canuks rasing the issue last night on another thread about the effect of the Movie (that's a good one to check out).

Dan

Offline Brunel

• Feet Wet
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2006, 07:25:34 PM »
I was able to listen to the BBM CD today without crying.  That's progress  :)
What the heck is quithammerin doing?  He's created other threads, hasn't he??

Offline phrag3

• Expert
  • I remember.
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2006, 07:47:36 PM »
I was able to listen to the BBM CD today without crying.  That's progress  :)
What the heck is quithammerin doing?  He's created other threads, hasn't he??

He's a newbie and I think he was trying to post on this one, but couldn't figure it out. I think he's got it now. I'll ask the Moderator to combine his with this one.

Glad he's joined though. We need him.

Dan

Offline phrag3

• Expert
  • I remember.
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2006, 07:51:23 PM »

Dan

Welcome to the Meet and Greets Dan!. I don't need to show you about, cos you have already been around.

Nick

Nick,

Can you move quithammerin's Canadian, eh! thread into this one? I think he was trying to post to this one, but couldn't figure it out at first. He's deleted the two other threads he started. He's on this thread now - so I hope he stays.

Thanks

Dan

Nick_F

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2006, 03:19:08 AM »

Nick,

Can you move quithammerin's Canadian, eh! thread into this one? I think he was trying to post to this one, but couldn't figure it out at first. He's deleted the two other threads he started. He's on this thread now - so I hope he stays.

Thanks

Dan

Threads are now merged!

Nick