The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: Canadian, eh!  (Read 259733 times)

Offline Brunel

• Feet Wet
Re: Canadian, eh!
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2006, 04:06:15 PM »
John, thanks for the geographical explanation!
OkeyDokey, You know that we (I) are here for you if you need an ear to listen or a shoulder for support.  I hope you find the love that you're looking for.
Hugs

Offline OkeyDokey

• Getting Acquainted
  • I swear
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2006, 04:58:57 PM »
Thanks Brunel. Though I don't believe people should go "looking" for love. I would think that if you actively look for it, you'll never find it.

Offline NWWaguy

• Thank you not just for me but for all those people struggling with love, which is all of us. Jake/MTVAwards
  • Obsessed
    • LopeLives
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2006, 05:12:19 PM »
Thanks Brunel. Though I don't believe people should go "looking" for love. I would think that if you actively look for it, you'll never find it.

Yuppers!  Love is always best if you just trip over it!  LOL

Hi, gang, I am a neo-Canuck!  Born in Tacoma, WA, in 1938 -- actually lived in Casper, WY, in 1958 and had my cowboy experience and know for sure they 'got it right' in BBM -- and now live with my wife of 38 years in Ferndale, WA ... just a shout south of Beautiful Natural British Colombia!  (more detail if desired via PM)

We spend virtually every vacation in N Van or Whistler, got season tickets to the opera ... in other words, can't get enough of the Canada we know.

Just two items:  We're going to the 7:05pm showing at Silver City Riverport in Richmond this Sunday 3/26 (the same theatre we first saw it back on Christmas Day) and would love to meet any of you who could come to that showing.  To identify me, just take a look at my avatar.

BBM party?  We can't make it to the Texas BarBQ (August 11, 12, 13), so I have suggested maybe a parallel party in lower BC for those who can come from Western Canada and Northern Washington.  My proposal might be the Lonsdale Quay Hotel which has excellent facilities and currently has rooms for about $135CD. Might get a group rate if the right person cajoled 'em.  We might meet just one day or ???

Enuf for now ... this is gonna be a wonderful thread!  Go, Canada!

« Last Edit: March 25, 2006, 05:17:16 PM by NWWaguy »
'You can't swim across the river unless you let go of the bank' ... Avon Long (Sportin' Life in 'Porgy and Bess' and popular Cotton Club artist) 

Offline Adrian

• Moderator Emeritus
  • Obsessed
    • Hollywood Forums Online
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2006, 05:28:23 PM »

Yuppers!  Love is always best if you just trip over it!  LOL

Hi, gang, I am a neo-Canuck!  Born in Tacoma, WA, in 1938 -- actually lived in Casper, WY, in 1958 and had my cowboy experience and know for sure they 'got it right' in BBM -- and now live with my wife of 38 years in Ferndale, WA ... just a shout south of Beautiful Natural British Colombia!  (more detail if desired via PM)

We spend virtually every vacation in N Van or Whistler, got season tickets to the opera ... in other words, can't get enough of the Canada we know.

Just two items:  We're going to the 7:05pm showing at Silver City Riverport in Richmond this Sunday 3/26 (the same theatre we first saw it back on Christmas Day) and would love to meet any of you who could come to that showing.  To identify me, just take a look at my avatar.

BBM party?  We can't make it to the Texas BarBQ (August 11, 12, 13), so I have suggested maybe a parallel party in lower BC for those who can come from Western Canada and Northern Washington.  My proposal might be the Lonsdale Quay Hotel which has excellent facilities and currently has rooms for about $135CD. Might get a group rate if the right person cajoled 'em.  We might meet just one day or ???

Enuf for now ... this is gonna be a wonderful thread!  Go, Canada!

Better yet, I live in North Vancouver - why don't y'all just come on over and crash at my place???  (excuse the use of the term "crash" but, in this case, it's meant most positively!).

Offline NWWaguy

• Thank you not just for me but for all those people struggling with love, which is all of us. Jake/MTVAwards
  • Obsessed
    • LopeLives
« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2006, 05:45:53 PM »
We're in (if you will)   ::)  ... and I promise to smoke way outside (if I'm still smoking) ... it's way early for details, I guess, but we'll need to request vacation time pretty early. 

Thanks for the offer, Adrian!  :-* Could ya PM me your address (if you wish)?  We could plan our vacation around the event and 'crash' as/when appropriate.  We'd prolly start the week up at Whistler, then come on down to the Lonsdale Quay for the second and funner half.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2006, 05:49:51 PM by NWWaguy »
'You can't swim across the river unless you let go of the bank' ... Avon Long (Sportin' Life in 'Porgy and Bess' and popular Cotton Club artist) 

Nick_F

« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2006, 05:59:26 PM »
i think this thread needs a LOVE FEST warning on the front ;)

glad you are all getting a long so well.

I have and aunt and cousins living in Vancouver, never met them, but does that make me an honorary Canuk?

Offline atruant

• Obsessed
  • Brokeback is STILL affecting me......
« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2006, 07:25:35 PM »
Snuggles for adrian.

:-*

Double snuggles for Adrian. Especially if we can all "Crash" (argghh) at his place!

Great to 'see' you over here. Don't get me wrong, I love NS, Wolfville, Peggy's Cove, you name it, but BC is the place....

Adrian, we can bring the Guiness.....

John   
John and Chuck -
Ennis and Jack got us together.

Offline Rob.

• Obsessed
  • ...it should be like this, just like this, always!
« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2006, 07:59:15 PM »
Great to 'see' you over here. Don't get me wrong, I love NS, Wolfville, Peggy's Cove, you name it, but BC is the place....

John   

Bah - tell me about it!  I find out Il Divo is playing their only Canadian Date on July 3rd in Vancouver!  Two friggin weeks after I book off September 1-18 for the TIFF.  Can't back out of September and Can't get the additional time off.  (Heh - I just realised what a Baaaad Ennis rip off that was :) )

If you haven't heard these guys yet - give them a listen.  Their music won't be for everyone - but they have the voices (and faces) of angels!

Rob
« Last Edit: March 25, 2006, 08:06:37 PM by RobL »
.....Nothin never come to my hand the right way.

Offline NWWaguy

• Obsessed
    • LopeLives
« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2006, 08:03:39 PM »
I have just  the 'Il Divo' cd ... can't get enough of it.  When I stop contributing here (fat chance) I'll spring for another.

re 'Adrian, we can bring the Guiness.....' :  I can bring a bottle of 'hard' stuff.  Give me a clue what folks like and I can pick up one at the Duty Free on the way 'in'.  ::) I'm thinkin' scotch, brandy, vodka, rum ... ... let me know.

I don't think they carry 'Old Rose', so don't ask, eh?  ;D
« Last Edit: March 25, 2006, 08:11:43 PM by NWWaguy »

Offline Adrian

• Moderator Emeritus
  • Obsessed
« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2006, 08:36:43 PM »
Sorry, not an Il Divo fan.
Not at all.
They are part of the demise of music.

But to each his own, I guess...
Enjoy.

what the heck is an il divo?  and as for hard stuff - grey goose and 7 - or absolut - I am Swedish after all ;)

so when yea all planning this bbm thing?  better be letting me know - haha

Offline Adrian

• Moderator Emeritus
  • Obsessed
« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2006, 08:39:41 PM »
oh yea...I almost forgot...

OH CANADA, OUR HOME AND NATIVE LAND...TRUE PATRIOT LOVE (notice the word Patriot, from one of Heathbars movies)...IN ALL OUR SONS COMMAND...WITH GLOWING HEARTS WE SEE THE RISE (in my gitch whenever I see the Gylly)...THE TRUE NORTH STRONG AND FREE, FROM FAR AND WIDE (come on up all you damn yankees!!)...OH CANADA, WE STAND ON GUARD FOR THEE...GOD KEEP OUR LAND...GLORIOUS AND FREE...OH CANADA WE STAND ON GUARD FOR THEE...OH CANADA WE STAND ON GUARD...FOR...THEE....

G O   C A N U C K S   G O  ! ! ! !

Offline Adrian

• Moderator Emeritus
  • Obsessed
« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2006, 08:40:33 PM »
and now for your listening enjoyment, BBbeauty will break into a sweeping rendition of our other national anthem "God Save the Queen" - take it away BBbeauty!

downloaded1

« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2006, 09:09:28 PM »
God save our gracious Queen
Long live our noble Queen,
God save the Queen:
Send her victorious,
Happy and glorious,
Long to reign over us:
God save the Queen.

O Lord, our God, arise,
Scatter thine enemies,
And make them fall:
Confound their politics,
Frustrate their knavish tricks,
On thee our hopes we fix:
God save us all.

Thy choicest gifts in store,
On her be pleased to pour;
Long may she reign:
May she defend our laws,
And ever give us cause
To sing with heart and voice
God save the Queen.

i always thought it was
God save the Queen
she aint no human being
she made you a moron
a potential h bomb

Lord God have mercy
all crimes are paid

Offline NWWaguy

• Obsessed
    • LopeLives
« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2006, 09:41:31 PM »
'so when yea all planning this bbm thing?  better be letting me know '

The Texas BrokebackBBQ is August 11, 12, 13 ... my initial thought was a 'parallel party' ... and we might be connected or at least keep in touch on line or whatever with them.  However, I am open to whatever we come up with.  My only concern is that I have enough lead time to plan my time off around it.

I'm sure that also applies to those coming from any distance.  Let's kick it around. 

Offline Caroline

• Moderator Emerita
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Obsessed
« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2006, 10:05:49 PM »
OMG.. between reading the national anthem (butchered by whiomever) and the other national anthem regarding our Queen... WOW.. what a place  :o :o     ;D  whats with the Canuck support here... GO LEAFS GO>>> naah., forget it, they fucked themselves  out of any playoff hopes tonight with a loss (AGAIN) to Montreal... hey for those of you who have NO idea as to Bert, Tucker, Iggy... well, it may very well be , Todd Bertuzzi, Darcy Tucker (I wear his number on my Leafs uniform) and Jerome Iginla... three very classy hockey players .... all of them... Bert included... But hey, e wil continue to follow hockey wherever it may be, hopefully a Canadian team will make it to the finals.....

How strong a person is can be measured by what it takes to discourage them.... church sign, Trafalgar Rd, Georgetown, Ont Canada.. 01/30/2006