The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: Canadian, eh!  (Read 261396 times)

Offline Adrian

• Moderator Emeritus
  • Obsessed
    • Hollywood Forums Online
Re: Canadian, eh!
« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2006, 10:10:45 PM »
Todd Bertuzzi, Darcy Tucker (I wear his number on my Leafs uniform) and Jerome Iginla... three very classy hockey players .... all of them... Bert included... But hey, e wil continue to follow hockey wherever it may be, hopefully a Canadian team will make it to the finals.....

can't forget the Naslund either - he's even classier  ;)

Offline phrag3

• Expert
  • I remember.
« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2006, 10:23:48 AM »
I miss a few days and come back to see partying and singing and all kinds of goings on. ;D

The get together sounds great. I had hoped to do it "on location" in Alberta, but whatever place is easiest for the most people is great.

I agree that we should fix a date as soon as possible for those of us who have to book time off. I have family in the Lower Mainland, so I'm good to go.

Rob, I agree with you about Il Divo. I'm not concerned about the commercial aspect of their music - they are just mighty nice to look at. ;)

Dan

Offline phrag3

• Expert
  • I remember.
« Reply #62 on: March 26, 2006, 10:32:10 AM »
Thanks Brunel. Though I don't believe people should go "looking" for love. I would think that if you actively look for it, you'll never find it.

If you "look for love" you'll likely miss it. But you have to be in a place that allows you to find it when it happens. Because, sometimes when you least expect it, wham, it's there. ;D

Offline Adrian

• Moderator Emeritus
  • Obsessed
« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2006, 12:48:01 PM »
The get together sounds great. I had hoped to do it "on location" in Alberta, but whatever place is easiest for the most people is great.

you know what, I think you're right as well - we are Canadian's - the film was filmed in Alberta - we should at least have the respect to have the first annual BBM ho-down (I use the term "ho" loosely here) right on BBM.  I'd have to agree with yea there buddy ;)

Offline Adrian

• Moderator Emeritus
  • Obsessed
« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2006, 12:49:50 PM »
OMG.. between reading the national anthem (butchered by whiomever) and the other national anthem regarding our Queen... WOW..

I'm not 'whiomever' - my name is Adrian, and I was not intending to 'butcher' anything, I was having a little fun.  Sorry it offended you.

Offline michaelflanagansf

• Forum Librarian and buckle bunny
  • Team Cullen
  • Obsessed
« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2006, 02:31:28 PM »
'so when yea all planning this bbm thing?  better be letting me know '

The Texas BrokebackBBQ is August 11, 12, 13 ... my initial thought was a 'parallel party' ... and we might be connected or at least keep in touch on line or whatever with them.  However, I am open to whatever we come up with.  My only concern is that I have enough lead time to plan my time off around it.

I'm sure that also applies to those coming from any distance.  Let's kick it around. 

Just a quick comment from someone yearning for Canada from the south.  If you do another BBQ up there would you consider doing it staggered from the Texas event?  I'd love to come up for it.

mf
Unlimited tolerance must lead to the disappearance of tolerance. If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl R. Popper

Offline NWWaguy

• Thank you not just for me but for all those people struggling with love, which is all of us. Jake/MTVAwards
  • Obsessed
    • LopeLives
« Reply #66 on: March 26, 2006, 03:21:47 PM »
Staggered from the Texas event!!  Whoooooooooooeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh!!!!   :o

Sounds like a good idea ... before or after?  How much time between orgas..m  ... er ... events?

We can't go far, so Alberta'd be out for us  :'( but maybe there could be more than one?  Maybe an annual event?  Since (if) we're crashin' at Adrian's ... seems his schedule of tests, classes and whatever is important consideration on the timing of the event.

And, my dear Adrian, I wasn't offended (but I'm only a neo-Canuck)  :-*
« Last Edit: March 26, 2006, 03:24:06 PM by NWWaguy »
'You can't swim across the river unless you let go of the bank' ... Avon Long (Sportin' Life in 'Porgy and Bess' and popular Cotton Club artist) 

Offline Rob.

• Obsessed
  • ...it should be like this, just like this, always!
« Reply #67 on: March 26, 2006, 04:46:35 PM »
  Well....welcome Jerome :)!  Make yerself comfortable and get ready to become even more obsessed!  Explore, contribute if ya want, or just lurk!  We don't bite - well most of us anyways!

Rob
.....Nothin never come to my hand the right way.

downloaded1

« Reply #68 on: March 26, 2006, 04:49:43 PM »
Who butchered what?

The lyrics to God Save the Queen that I posted are the official complete lyrics that I obtained direct from a Canadian government website.

:)
It twas the Pistols.
Sex Pistols
« Last Edit: March 26, 2006, 04:52:16 PM by downloaded1 »

Offline michaelflanagansf

• Forum Librarian and buckle bunny
  • Team Cullen
  • Obsessed
« Reply #69 on: March 26, 2006, 04:51:22 PM »
Staggered from the Texas event!!  Whoooooooooooeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh!!!!   :o

Sounds like a good idea ... before or after?  How much time between orgas..m  ... er ... events?

We can't go far, so Alberta'd be out for us  :'( but maybe there could be more than one?  Maybe an annual event?  Since (if) we're crashin' at Adrian's ... seems his schedule of tests, classes and whatever is important consideration on the timing of the event.

And, my dear Adrian, I wasn't offended (but I'm only a neo-Canuck)  :-*

Well...I seem to recall that in Vancouver y'all hold gay pride in early August...right around B.C. day...so before might be fun!  But whatever you do I'm up for it!
Unlimited tolerance must lead to the disappearance of tolerance. If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl R. Popper

Offline NWWaguy

• Thank you not just for me but for all those people struggling with love, which is all of us. Jake/MTVAwards
  • Obsessed
    • LopeLives
« Reply #70 on: March 27, 2006, 03:43:53 AM »
Gay Pride Week 2006 Vancouver, BC home:  http://www.vanpride.bc.ca/index.cfm

Runs July 29 - August 6 ... (The Texas BBMBBQ starts Aug 11 ... just 5 days later)

Events:  http://www.vanpride.bc.ca/events.cfm

I don't know if we can fit our 'event' somehow into this, or just meet before, during or after ??
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 03:46:09 AM by NWWaguy »
'You can't swim across the river unless you let go of the bank' ... Avon Long (Sportin' Life in 'Porgy and Bess' and popular Cotton Club artist) 

Offline phrag3

• Expert
  • I remember.
« Reply #71 on: March 27, 2006, 07:16:33 PM »
So are we getting any closer to where and when?

Offline phrag3

• Expert
  • I remember.
« Reply #72 on: March 27, 2006, 09:17:15 PM »
Only in Canada. Just watched ET Canada where they reported on Ashley McIsaac getting married to another man (obviously) without any issue. They talked about how they met, what rings they bought and it ended with them kissing. Makes me proud of this country of ours. :)

Dan

Offline Adrian

• Moderator Emeritus
  • Obsessed
« Reply #73 on: March 27, 2006, 09:21:13 PM »
Only in Canada. Just watched ET Canada where they reported on Ashley McIsaac getting married to another man (obviously) without any issue. They talked about how they met, what rings they bought and it ended with them kissing. Makes me proud of this country of ours. :)

Dan

Yea, now if I could only get Gylly to move up here  ;)

Offline Lola

• Membership_deactivated
  • Obsessed
« Reply #74 on: March 27, 2006, 09:21:45 PM »
Something to share with my Canadian pals - Ashley MacIssac engaged, saw him and his significant other on the Canadian Entertainment Tonight this evening.  Click on the global link and look under "top videos"    I think Ashely is 31 or 32 and this guy is 18, so a little bit of cradle robbing going on there, they look sweet together though.

www.globaltv.com

FUNGURL