The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: INTERNATIONAL ZONE--General Discussion  (Read 38132 times)

Offline Dave Cullen

• Author/Journalist
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • Founder, Editor
    • Columbine
INTERNATIONAL ZONE--General Discussion
« on: February 23, 2006, 09:21:13 PM »
We're about to start an international section, with a thread for each country and/or language who is interested in having one.

So for the moment, why don't interested people post here and let us know you're out there and interested, and how you would like your area represented.

We will use the second post to set up links to the various different threads that develop--and will just keep adding to it.

I don't know if you guys would prefer to organize by country, region or language. Eg., the Brits started their own thread awhile ago, but some areas may not have enough people and may want to go by region. And someone just started a French-speaking thread, for people from multiple countries (I believe that individual is Swiz -- is that how that's spelled? (I can't spell in English either.)

I think we have a lot of Europeans here, but maybe not enough from each country for lively thread for each. Do you guys want a European thread? A South American thread? Asian? African? . . .

Each group can decide for yourself. Just make your wishes known in this thread.

Can't wait to get this started. Wish we had sooner.

---

You all can also decide which language you want each thread in.

The obvious upside to doing it in your native language is that you're probably more comfortable with it, and we're actually much more likely to attract many more people from your country to participate in that language.

I guess the main advantage to doing it in English would be if you really wanted people from other countries/languages to pop in and participate from time to time, too.

Entirely up to you.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 04:49:50 AM by peteinportland »

Offline Dave Cullen

• Author/Journalist
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • Founder, Editor
    • Columbine
Threads so far (in order of origin):

The Little Brits Discussion:

http://davecullen.com/forum/index.php?topic=348.0

French Speakers:

http://davecullen.com/forum/index.php?topic=1104.0

German Speakers:

http://davecullen.com/forum/index.php?topic=1105.0

Australia (I don't know if this was intended as a full Aussie thread but could become one):

http://davecullen.com/forum/index.php?topic=923.0
« Last Edit: February 23, 2006, 09:33:04 PM by Dave Cullen »

Online killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
Dave, we need a spanish thread as well because of posters from Spain, and I know of a couple from the Far
East as well.

KM
Nature has cunning ways of finding our weakest spot.
Call Me By Your Name

Offline Dave Cullen

• Author/Journalist
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • Founder, Editor
    • Columbine
Dave, we need a spanish thread as well because of posters from Spain, and I know of a couple from the Far
East as well.

KM

Great, I like both of those.

Anyone from Asia reading this: would you prefer a single Asian thread, or do you want to break it up more? Let us know. By language? I don't know if we have enough people from each language/country/region to sustain separate threads, but maybe. Maybe certain areas like Inda will want there own. I guess it depends how many of you there are.

Offline gweldon

• Feet Wet
Dave,

there still not many asian member who post here yet. So I think a single Asian thread should be enough, at least until many more asian lurker (I'm sure there's many) start to post   

Thanks,
Sentosa

Online fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
One of my dearest friends who lives here in the States is from Italy and I woud love to be able to forward him an Italian BBM site/thread.  Are there any out there?

Thanks.

It's not a thread or discussion, but your friend might find the following link interesting, it's the official Italian language site for the movie "I Segreti di Brokeback Mountain"

http://www.bimfilm.com/isegretidibrokebackmountain/

I've found myself enjoying official websites in various languages, and have so far found them in German, English, Spanish, French, Icelandic, Italian, Portuguese, Japanese and Chinese. Not that I can follow all these languages (I wish I could!) but it's fascinating to compare them. If anyone is interested, I would be happy to furnish the links to any of these languages. (The German website only came up in full today, previously the link forwarded to a general movie site).
Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Online killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
fritz,
thanks for being such a help here, you really are a godsend and I appreciate it tremendously.

A big thanks :-*

killersmom
Call Me By Your Name

Offline lmsx

• Feet Wet
One of my dearest friends who lives here in the States is from Italy and I woud love to be able to forward him an Italian BBM site/thread.  Are there any out there?

Thanks.

Hallo Tedh,

there is a very nice forum from Italy about BBM. Here's the link: http://www.35mm.it/film/scheda/bottom/forumfilm.jsp?idFilm=24317. Hope it helps.

Online fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
fritz,
thanks for being such a help here, you really are a godsend and I appreciate it tremendously.

A big thanks :-*

killersmom

;D :D ;)  You're welcome!
Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline BrokeAddict

• Feet Wet
ANYONE ELSE FROM NEW ZEALAND HERE ??? :o ;D

rikNL

Hallo everyone. I like the idea of a BBM-European thread.
Love this forum!
Greetings to all.
Rik (Amsterdam, Netherlands). :)

Offline Bigheart

• Mistress of Slash
  • Obsessed
Hallo everyone. I like the idea of a BBM-European thread.
Love this forum!
Greetings to all.
Rik (Amsterdam, Netherlands). :)
Hi there Rik, sounds like a pretty good idea!! I also love it here! I'm from a small town just out of Rotterdam, The Netherlands  :)
Do anythin for him, reckon he'd do anything for me. Even shut that wide, grinnin mouth a his. But I won't ask, cause I don't want him to stop his babblin. When it gets too much, I kiss him. But sometimes even that don't work, and he goes on and on, whisperin into my mouth.   Babble by Helen

rikNL

Hi there Bigheart! Leuk je te ontmoeten! Groetjes, Rik.

Online killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
rik and bigheart,
the forum is in the process of some reorganization, so be patient, and it won't be long untill there will be specific clear cut threads  for everyone. Thanks for coming here and continue to chat here, for a little bit.
Thanks,
killersmom
Call Me By Your Name

Offline Bigheart

• Mistress of Slash
  • Obsessed
Hi there Bigheart! Leuk je te ontmoeten! Groetjes, Rik.
Hee Rik, ook leuk om jou te ontmoeten! Hoe ben jij hier terechtgekomen?? Geweldig vind je niet? Al die mensen die hier terecht zijn gekomen vanwege die ene waanzinnige fiilm..... Ik vind het echt super. Groetjes and see you around the board  :) :)
Do anythin for him, reckon he'd do anything for me. Even shut that wide, grinnin mouth a his. But I won't ask, cause I don't want him to stop his babblin. When it gets too much, I kiss him. But sometimes even that don't work, and he goes on and on, whisperin into my mouth.   Babble by Helen