The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: New Members--Introduce Yourselves Here  (Read 319875 times)

Offline ChrisW

• Ma Untwist
  • Obsessed
Re: New Members--Introduce Yourselves Here
« Reply #60 on: June 05, 2006, 11:40:15 AM »
God Almighty!!!

Listen to you all!!! You're all beautiful and wise and raging with empathy and humanity!!! If you all got together and stormtrooped your various Govt buildings, this world would be such a fabulous place!!!!

God! I can't believe how raw and cheesy this film is making me!!! Why is this happening to me!!!!
Hi Jim, exactly. I was questioning my sanity until I found this forum. Such kind people, such support, you will feel better in no time. I have disentangled so many of those old experiences, seeing this film was a kind of epiphany for me, and that was back last January!
Follow the road it leads you on, it is a safe one. I found this unnerving at first, treating my most private feelings this way, but it works.  So good luck for your own journey.

Nick_F

« Reply #61 on: June 07, 2006, 04:40:50 AM »
God Almighty!!!

Listen to you all!!! You're all beautiful and wise and raging with empathy and humanity!!! If you all got together and stormtrooped your various Govt buildings, this world would be such a fabulous place!!!!

God! I can't believe how raw and cheesy this film is making me!!! Why is this happening to me!!!!
Hi Jim, exactly. I was questioning my sanity until I found this forum. Such kind people, such support, you will feel better in no time. I have disentangled so many of those old experiences, seeing this film was a kind of epiphany for me, and that was back last January!
Follow the road it leads you on, it is a safe one. I found this unnerving at first, treating my most private feelings this way, but it works.  So good luck for your own journey.

Hi guys. it sounds like you are both suffering from Brokeback Fever

you may want to check out this thread and offload some of what you are feeling

http://davecullen.com/forum/index.php?topic=174.0

Gonzo

« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2006, 10:37:42 AM »
I feel as though I've seen the face of God, and God is much more beautiful than I had ever imagined.  (Sorry for the hyperbole, but hyperbole is about the only way I can describe how I feel about BBM at this point)

Thanks to all of you for this forum.  It is a life-saver and brings me much happiness. 

Hyperole?!?!  Not!!  I have used the expression "I felt as if I had looked into the face of God and seen the beauty of the universe."

B73

« Reply #63 on: June 07, 2006, 01:59:52 PM »
I feel as though I've seen the face of God, and God is much more beautiful than I had ever imagined.  (Sorry for the hyperbole, but hyperbole is about the only way I can describe how I feel about BBM at this point)

Thanks to all of you for this forum.  It is a life-saver and brings me much happiness. 

Hyperole?!?!  Not!!  I have used the expression "I felt as if I had looked into the face of God and seen the beauty of the universe."

God bless ya then, man!  Glad to see I'm in good company.

Offline Boris

• The Iceman melteth
  • Obsessed
  • I was just thinkin' out loud.
« Reply #64 on: June 07, 2006, 02:17:29 PM »
Well, my friend whom I sahred my first viewing of Brokeback said: "It wasn't heaven, but damn close" referring to the scenes on mountain.
"A theater is the most important sort of house in the world, because that's where people are shown what they could be if they wanted, and what they'd liked to be if they dared, and what they really are." -Tove Jansson-

Offline mountainkicker53

• Getting Acquainted
« Reply #65 on: June 07, 2006, 09:21:41 PM »
This is the thread for new members to introduce themselves.

Welcome to our wonderful community! We are glad you found us!
Well, I reckon I should just jump in and start and start being a torchbearer for this incredibly powerful cinematic performance.   Mountainkicker53 is the handle.   My first post, so bear with me. I've watched this movie dozens of times, bought 10 copies of the DVD, handed them out to people I know to pass out to people they know.  Those DVDs have made the circuit back to me,(ready to go around in another circle) and have changed hearts and minds, challenged beliefs, and have shown what is really in the hearts and minds of everyday people, both pro and con.  A Masterpiece performance, this movie, hands down.  No debate.  Period.  I gave my heart, right down to the bottom of it, to this movie, and a lot of salt water from the peepers, too....  I keep constant reminder of how this work of art has affected me in the stills, posters, and memorabilia proudly on display in my little corner of the world.  I was even fortunate enough to get to know someone who actually worked on this project during its production in Calgary.  Brokeback Mountain is never far from my heart, my thoughts, my daily existence.  And folks, that says a  mighty powerful lot about 2.25 hours of film!!!  So thanks for reading my little "intro" here!  Haven't even scratched the surface!!!  Got a whole lot more to say, if anyone wants to say hi....

B73

« Reply #66 on: June 07, 2006, 09:32:49 PM »
This is the thread for new members to introduce themselves.

Welcome to our wonderful community! We are glad you found us!
Well, I reckon I should just jump in and start and start being a torchbearer for this incredibly powerful cinematic performance.   Mountainkicker53 is the handle.   My first post, so bear with me. I've watched this movie dozens of times, bought 10 copies of the DVD, handed them out to people I know to pass out to people they know.  Those DVDs have made the circuit back to me,(ready to go around in another circle) and have changed hearts and minds, challenged beliefs, and have shown what is really in the hearts and minds of everyday people, both pro and con.  A Masterpiece performance, this movie, hands down.  No debate.  Period.  I gave my heart, right down to the bottom of it, to this movie, and a lot of salt water from the peepers, too....  I keep constant reminder of how this work of art has affected me in the stills, posters, and memorabilia proudly on display in my little corner of the world.  I was even fortunate enough to get to know someone who actually worked on this project during its production in Calgary.  Brokeback Mountain is never far from my heart, my thoughts, my daily existence.  And folks, that says a  mighty powerful lot about 2.25 hours of film!!!  So thanks for reading my little "intro" here!  Haven't even scratched the surface!!!  Got a whole lot more to say, if anyone wants to say hi....

Welcome, mountainkicker53! 

Offline louisestrange

• Getting Acquainted
    • LouiseStrange LJ/Fan Fiction
« Reply #67 on: June 08, 2006, 08:51:58 AM »
*Waves* Hello!

I can't quite believe it's taken me sooo long to join this forum, but here I am, better late than never.

I'm Louisestrange and, like everyone here, ol' Brokeback sure got me good. I'm 25 years old and live in the UK. I'm addicted to BBM fanfic and even write one of my own - 'Go Fish' - which you can find through the slashlinks thread elsewhere on this forum (much to my amazement as a newb!), if you feel so inclined.

I'm looking forward to joining in the BBM-related fun with y'all :)

B73

« Reply #68 on: June 08, 2006, 08:56:43 AM »
*Waves* Hello!

I can't quite believe it's taken me sooo long to join this forum, but here I am, better late than never.

I'm Louisestrange and, like everyone here, ol' Brokeback sure got me good. I'm 25 years old and live in the UK. I'm addicted to BBM fanfic and even write one of my own - 'Go Fish' - which you can find through the slashlinks thread elsewhere on this forum (much to my amazement as a newb!), if you feel so inclined.

I'm looking forward to joining in the BBM-related fun with y'all :)

louisestrange: Welcome!  Be sure to check out the "photo captioning fun" thread for some good laffs (if you haven't already)!

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
« Reply #69 on: June 08, 2006, 09:05:36 AM »
Welcome Louise!

there are a ton of threads here for you to explore.

Here is a link to the site map!

http://davecullen.com/forum/index.php?topic=8878.msg236697#msg236697

Of course, you can post in any thread, but there is a UK thread you may want to check out, and see your fellow UK Brokeback fans.

http://davecullen.com/forum/index.php?topic=8629.1545

Offline jack

• Tough Old Bird
  • Obsessed
  • aloha y'all...
    • My Adventures In Paradise
« Reply #70 on: June 08, 2006, 12:11:49 PM »
well spoken MK.  there's enough backlog here to keep you reading and nodding your head for a year, and that's not counting ongoing material.  you will find you are far from alone here.  you have found the crowd that gets it, whatever IT is.  welcome.

jack 
"through Seneca Falls, and Selma, and Stonewall..."

Offline KeithOBny

• Feet Wet
« Reply #71 on: June 08, 2006, 12:41:17 PM »
Just foiund this thread today. I never introduced myself. I saw BBM about 10 days ago...and the next day found this board. Was so glad I found it. I also was an emotional wreak after seeing the movie. I rented it and the next day went out and bought the dvd,cd and book. Read the book 4x's, saw the dvd 8 times and constintly listen to the cd. The enitre experince has been soul touching and a deep connection to the characters and the story. I have never seen a more beaituful love story that haunts you and floows you wherever you go. I also foundmyself at the least oppurtune time :-) begining to cry. I am more emotionally stable right now and love the movie even more. Someone posted that there was something so sexy about two furry chested guys falling in love. Definitly!..but without all the steriotypes that hollywood usually pusts on man to man love. I know this will effect gay and lesbian persons but It would be a shame  if it was simply reduced to a "gay" film..it is so much more then that and can without a doubt speak to all people who have ever loved and lost or was agreaid to take the chance on love.
It is timeless in its message and so refreahing in its execution. Truly I believe this movie  will pass the test of time and take its place with some of the great movies that leave you with so many unanswered questions, questions you need to ask yourself about life...the one that comes to my mind is "Gone With the Wind"
Thanks to David for this forum and for all the beautful people who have dared to share thier thoughts, ideas, hopes, dreams and vision of life...they have been a great help and a joy.

Offline KeithOBny

• Feet Wet
« Reply #72 on: June 08, 2006, 12:43:31 PM »
oh man..just saw all my spelling mistakes...sorry! ;D

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
« Reply #73 on: June 08, 2006, 02:28:46 PM »
Welcome to our forum, MountainKicker and Keith!

Gonzo

« Reply #74 on: June 08, 2006, 03:23:14 PM »
oh man..just saw all my spelling mistakes...sorry! ;D

Just tell people you were crying too hard to type.  We all do.   ;D ;D