The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: New Members--Introduce Yourselves Here  (Read 501479 times)

Offline AHappyMan

• Obsessed
Re: New Members--Introduce Yourselves Here
« Reply #210 on: July 30, 2006, 12:25:40 PM »
Rick! Nice to meet you! That is hilarious. I love it.

Thanks! Nice to be here. ;)

Offline Nikki6

• Virgin
« Reply #211 on: July 30, 2006, 08:07:03 PM »
Hi all,

I'm here because one of my LJ communities has a member here who keeps talking it up and I thought I'd come over and see what all the excitement is about.

I went to Brokeback the first night it was out here with my friends and though they liked it, they weren't as crazy about it as I was by a long shot. I read the book that week too and was blown away by the imagery it created. I saw it 3 more times in the theatre, and of course bought the DVD. I watch it often.

I am a Gyllenhaalic, so of course am a fan of Jack Nasty, more than Ennis, but I do believe that this was Heath Ledger's greatest role to date. He was awesome!

I just wrote my first Brokeback fic on LJ, and it went over quite well, but love reading other people's fics, and do so on a daily basis. I also have done some Brokeback music vids on youtube.

Anyhow, hoping to meet some new friends and let the fun begin!
Cheers!
There are moments of clarity in life. Moments that so completely fille the senses that there is no yesterday, and no tomorrow, only the absolute here and now.

Offline planetgal471

• Mistress of Metaphor
  • Obsessed
  • Race the Burning Sun
    • The Sacred Realm
« Reply #212 on: July 31, 2006, 12:13:27 AM »
Welcome, Nikki66. You sound like perfect fodder for our Slash thread, "The Juicy Bits", where we discuss fanfic, share fanfic links, and frantically dish out e-drinks along with friendship. Hope to see you there. As an LJ-er, myself, I think coming here was one of the best things I've done with myself on the internet. I hope you grow to feel the same.
"Speak what you think today in words as hard as cannonballs and tomorrow speak what tomorrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict every thing you said today." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, Self Reliance

Offline Curley

• Feet Wet
  • Me and Slate
« Reply #213 on: August 01, 2006, 12:32:32 PM »
Hi.  I go by Curley which is my family nickname.  I was born and raised on the family Texas ranch.  I have been a member for a little while and after reading postings for this time, I decided it was finally time to jump in.  I have been posting on the "How Brokeback Affected Me" thread. 

This forum has some really fantastic people.  I am still trying to read and figure out some of the other threads.  The fanfic sounds like one I will definitely be checking out.

Thanks to all of you for allowing this country boy to be a part of this.

Curley
"Love is a force of nature"

Gonzo

« Reply #214 on: August 01, 2006, 12:50:50 PM »
Thanks to all of you for allowing this country boy to be a part of this.

Curley

We's all here 'cuz a couple a country boys.  You sure is welcum.   ;)

Offline planetgal471

• Mistress of Metaphor
  • Obsessed
  • Race the Burning Sun
    • The Sacred Realm
« Reply #215 on: August 01, 2006, 04:05:37 PM »
I am still trying to read and figure out some of the other threads.  The fanfic sounds like one I will definitely be checking out.

Welcome, Curley!~ I recommenf the fanfic thread, personally, especially if you read it. We love chattering, and we're a friendly bunch! Come on by!
"Speak what you think today in words as hard as cannonballs and tomorrow speak what tomorrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict every thing you said today." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, Self Reliance

Offline jack

• Tough Old Bird
  • Obsessed
  • aloha y'all...
    • My Adventures In Paradise
« Reply #216 on: August 02, 2006, 03:06:01 AM »
welcome curley.. never enough country boys, never enough  :D
jack
"through Seneca Falls, and Selma, and Stonewall..."

Offline biteme

• Getting Acquainted
« Reply #217 on: August 08, 2006, 01:44:00 PM »
Hello All

I have just checked back and discovered I actually found and registered on this site at the beginning of March, yet this is my first post. I have visited often and find every post I have read to be intelligent and welcoming and so I have finally decided to jump in and join the rest of you dear obsessed BBM fans.

I am a mid 40's straight female from the North East of England who is completely and utterly devoted to the story of Jack and Ennis. I first saw the movie on January 6th in the cinema with my daughter and went back again twice with a different group of friends each time to relive the most extraordinary film experience I have ever had.
This movie tears me apart every time I see it ( now into double figures after the purchase of the DVD in April) and I so desperately need to talk about it with other like minded souls. No one else I know has been affected by this movie as I have.
All of my friends family and workmates know of my fixation but none of them can respond to me in the way that I need them too. It is now August and this story is not going to let me go any time soon so here I am.

Offline planetgal471

• Mistress of Metaphor
  • Obsessed
  • Race the Burning Sun
    • The Sacred Realm
« Reply #218 on: August 08, 2006, 01:45:31 PM »
No one else I know has been affected by this movie as I have.

Biteme! I'm pleased to tell you you're wrong! Welcome home  :)

Offline aliceathome

• Two of Three
  • Obsessed
  • Grumpy Old Baggage
« Reply #219 on: August 08, 2006, 01:48:07 PM »
Welcome biteme - lots of us Brits here on the board (go to the International Zone and introduce yourself over on the Brits thread - they'll make you welcome) then dive straight in.

"Ennis, riding against the wind back to the sheep in the treacherous, drunken light, thought he'd never had such a good time, felt he could paw the white out of the moon"    Annie Proulx

Offline biteme

• Getting Acquainted
« Reply #220 on: August 08, 2006, 01:54:23 PM »
No one else I know has been affected by this movie as I have.

Biteme! I'm pleased to tell you you're wrong! Welcome home  :)

Thank you so much for this ....I have tears in my eyes

Alice thank you for your welcome too.... I will certainly come over there and introduce myself .... 

Gonzo

« Reply #221 on: August 08, 2006, 02:28:39 PM »
biteme,

There is actually a BBM gettogether in London.  Click on the link below and if you can make it, you will be able to actually meet and hug a bunch of people who are in the same place you are.  Good luck know that you are not alone.

http://davecullen.com/forum/index.php?topic=10629.msg308339#msg308339

Offline biteme

• Getting Acquainted
« Reply #222 on: August 08, 2006, 03:11:48 PM »
biteme,

There is actually a BBM gettogether in London.  Click on the link below and if you can make it, you will be able to actually meet and hug a bunch of people who are in the same place you are.  Good luck know that you are not alone.

Hello twistedboy and thank you for pointing this out to me however I have checked out the date and unfortunately cannot make it as I am going to Glasgow to celebrate a good friends 30th birthday that weekend....would have loved the chance to meet other fans and have a good long talk about Jack and Ennis ....maybe next time

Offline ImEnnisShesJack

• Obsessed
« Reply #223 on: August 09, 2006, 07:02:07 AM »
biteme,

dang it.  Gonzo beat me to it.

Welcome Biteme!  Love your username - it's one of my favorite sayings. ;D
"And when he shall die,
Take him and cut him out in little stars,
And he will make the face of heaven so fine
That all the world will be in love with night."
~~Heath Ledger 1979-2008~~

Carol8159@yahoo.com

Offline jack

• Tough Old Bird
  • Obsessed