The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: New Members--Introduce Yourselves Here  (Read 501476 times)

Offline biteme

• Getting Acquainted
Re: New Members--Introduce Yourselves Here
« Reply #225 on: August 10, 2006, 08:47:58 AM »
Welcome Biteme!  Love your username - it's one of my favorite sayings. ;D
it is you know.. ;D 

;D ;D mine too..... also can be used as an invitation if I should chance upon any sexy vampires ( is it possible that to much Buffy can rot the brain)   

Hello to both of you  :) and thank you for the welcome

Offline chapeaugris

• Obsessed
« Reply #226 on: August 10, 2006, 09:11:00 AM »
Biteme, you'll soon discover that there are an awful lot of us 40-something straight married women of all nationalities on this forum. Wonder why that is?  :D

Offline Elventwilight

• Feet Wet
  • Sheera's Pet
« Reply #227 on: August 15, 2006, 01:08:08 AM »
Hello, I'm David and I have been hearing about this place for a long time from Sheera... Anyway, I went to the BBQ in Texas as her guest, discovered how  discustingly beautiful inside and out you all are, and am now trying swim through the threads (I think I might be drowning, can anyone give me CPR ? ;)

The reason why I'm interested in BBM is because I've done a lot of work around LGBT issues and have been involved with a queer comunity since I was 17 and all the positive public attention that BBM received astonished me and brought a tear to my eye, and after seeing all of the people at the BBQ, I'm still at a loss of words.  This tiny little move has changed so many lives.

I know this movie is horribly real, and I want a better ending in real life, and I want to help make better endings happen.  This thread reminds me that its not just the people who have lived a hard life and are talking about it publicly, nor is it just the outspoken activist who struggles with these issues.  It's you and me, and baby makes 3...
Statistically speaking, everything is possible...

Offline Zudos

• Viscount Libertine
  • Obsessed
  • Darkness belongs to night skies & nothing else
« Reply #228 on: August 15, 2006, 01:38:53 AM »
Hello, I'm David and I have been hearing about this place for a long time from Sheera... Anyway, I went to the BBQ in Texas as her guest, discovered how  discustingly beautiful inside and out you all are, and am now trying swim through the threads (I think I might be drowning, can anyone give me CPR ? ;)

The reason why I'm interested in BBM is because I've done a lot of work around LGBT issues and have been involved with a queer comunity since I was 17 and all the positive public attention that BBM received astonished me and brought a tear to my eye, and after seeing all of the people at the BBQ, I'm still at a loss of words.  This tiny little move has changed so many lives.

I know this movie is horribly real, and I want a better ending in real life, and I want to help make better endings happen.  This thread reminds me that its not just the people who have lived a hard life and are talking about it publicly, nor is it just the outspoken activist who struggles with these issues.  It's you and me, and baby makes 3...

Hey David... Welcome to the board... I am first in line with the CPR  :'(, and should have been on Saturday...!!!!

Make sure you come and say hi in the diner thread, where lots of the BBQ'ers hang out and do not let Sheera drag you into all the slash - hahahahahaha!!!!!!

Call me cutie...

Zed
XXX
The Greatest thing is to love and be loved in return...

Or

To breakfast at PRADA

Offline Nax

• The Captain Underpants Enigma
  • Tech Support
  • Obsessed
  • A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.
    • naxfun.com
« Reply #229 on: August 15, 2006, 01:38:55 AM »
Welcome David,  there are plenty of discussion areas in this forum to cover every mood and interest, pop into Auntie's diner in the Meet your Neighbours area, most of the Texas mob hang out there at some stage - relax and join us for a coffee.

Neil

Offline trascendenza

• Membership_deactivated
  • Obsessed
  • ?I know you felt so sad and blue...?
« Reply #230 on: August 15, 2006, 02:53:03 AM »
...do not let Sheera drag you into all the slash - hahahahahaha!!!!!!

Good to see you posting David :)  Hope you can figure out how to "casually" use the forums so you can stop by more often!

And too late, Zed, we've already had him reading fics aloud for us and discussing plotlines on the drive home. :D
The big things change in broad strokes of whitewash, but the little ones never will.
Whitewash, theswearingkind

Offline jack

• Tough Old Bird
  • Obsessed
  • aloha y'all...
    • My Adventures In Paradise
« Reply #231 on: August 15, 2006, 06:17:50 AM »
...do not let Sheera drag you into all the slash - hahahahahaha!!!!!!

Good to see you posting David :)  Hope you can figure out how to "casually" use the forums so you can stop by more often!

And too late, Zed, we've already had him reading fics aloud for us and discussing plotlines on the drive home. :D
hey princess...

nice meeting you at the BBQ.  one of the pleasures was realizing i could find common ground with people with other interests.

OTOH...don't you be hogging that lad.  the gray ones need to learn from the young ones just as much as they need to learn from us.  i want to see happy endings in REAL life, not just on the screen or in books.

and DAVID... i told you i would be looking for you here, and i think i may have even predicted the results ::) ::) ;D

jack
"through Seneca Falls, and Selma, and Stonewall..."

Offline ImEnnisShesJack

• Obsessed
« Reply #232 on: August 15, 2006, 07:20:01 AM »

David!!!!

You were a joy and a delight to meet at the BBQ and it is wonderful to have you here on the forum.  THere are all kinds of places here - I'm sure SHeera has told you about the slash bits, but there are areas of political discussions, gay health issues, gay legal issues, gay parenting etc...  Jump on in with both feet and feel free to add your $.02. 

You have made a huge step by realizing that you want more from life than Jack and Ennis were allowed...Welcome!

Hugs,
Heidi
"And when he shall die,
Take him and cut him out in little stars,
And he will make the face of heaven so fine
That all the world will be in love with night."
~~Heath Ledger 1979-2008~~

Carol8159@yahoo.com

Offline Zudos

• Viscount Libertine
  • Obsessed
  • Darkness belongs to night skies & nothing else
« Reply #233 on: August 15, 2006, 09:02:13 AM »

Hmmmm... Stop abusing the poor boy...!!! That should be my job...!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
The Greatest thing is to love and be loved in return...

Or

To breakfast at PRADA

Offline planetgal471

• Mistress of Metaphor
  • Obsessed
  • Race the Burning Sun
    • The Sacred Realm
« Reply #234 on: August 15, 2006, 11:21:13 AM »
Hi, David! I'm tired of hearing about you without getting to talk to you, so I'm glad you're changing that. Chicago-bound at all?
"Speak what you think today in words as hard as cannonballs and tomorrow speak what tomorrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict every thing you said today." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, Self Reliance

Offline NickInIdaho

• Expert
  • Nothin' better than Better Most...
« Reply #235 on: August 15, 2006, 11:41:25 AM »

Hmmmm... Stop abusing the poor boy...!!! That should be my job...!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Now, Zed, we talked about this - - you said it could be MY job!!   :D :D

Hi David, nice to meet you. I'm sorry we did not officially meet at the BBQ but I remember seeing you. Hopefully you'll feel at home here. There are some very interesting convos to be a part of!

Talk to you soon!

Nick

LIVE LIKE YOU MEAN IT

Offline BayCityJohn

• Forum Hero
  • Tech Support
  • Obsessed
« Reply #236 on: August 15, 2006, 01:09:15 PM »
David: Welcome! It was great to see you at the bbq.
Wish you would have asked for that CPR at the party ;D

You remind me a lot of my b/f EnnisKeith. He's 40 now but I met him when he was 17 and you guys could almost pass as twins.

But Keith could never do a cartwheel.

Offline estefue

• Papi Chulo
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
« Reply #237 on: August 15, 2006, 07:38:53 PM »
John, I think there would have been a line to administer CPR in this case! ;D

Offline rayz_55

• Virgin
« Reply #238 on: August 15, 2006, 08:33:47 PM »
Hi All!!!   I guess I am late on getting here, but believe it or not I just saw the movie for the first time 2 weeks ago.  Of course it has already caused me sleepless nights and that haunting music, The Wings, has not  left my head.   So I bought the movie, read the short story, and now own the soundtrack.  To say I am obsessed is the understatement of the year.   As soon as I saw the movie, I just knew that Jack wasn't really dead.  When Ennis says he can't take it anymore, in their last scene together,  and Jack watches him drive away,  you can see in Jack's eyes he is saying goodbye, but not in death.  It is for Ennis sake that the "death" occurs.   See how obsessed I am?  lol.   There just has to be a sequel made with a fairy tale ending.   Has anyone heard if they are planning a sequel?  Anyway, didn't mean to babble on so, I have never had a movie grab hold of me like this one.  Thanks for listening and glad you here.

Offline estefue

• Papi Chulo
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
« Reply #239 on: August 15, 2006, 08:59:21 PM »
rayz, welcome to our little community of fellow obsessed fans!  Look around - check out the stories that others have posted.  You'll find many others just like you.