The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: New Members--Introduce Yourselves Here  (Read 501394 times)

lobezno

Re: New Members--Introduce Yourselves Here
« Reply #450 on: November 06, 2006, 11:05:30 AM »
Hi, Lobezno! Never too late! There's always going to be newcomers, just as sometimes people drift away. Looking forward to gettng to know you.

Thanks for the welcome. I cannot come in very often but I'm slowly getting to know this place. Like I said I lurked for a while but once I became a member I saw there were other forums for members only. I'm particlularly interested in all Brokeback fan-fiction, but I don't know what to read first! So many options!

Thanks again for the warm welcome

Nan

Offline emkay

• Membership_deactivated
  • Expert
  • a fact is only what you believe
« Reply #451 on: November 06, 2006, 12:49:29 PM »
Hi, another newbie here. My name is Marjolein, I'm from the Netherlands.
I'm a big time lurker on livejournal, but I decided that I would like some more interaction with fellow brokeback addicts (without having to maintain a journal...). So that's what I hope to find here!
This already looks like a nice place. Interesting discussions, friendly people. I think I'll stay for a while  :D

Offline john john

• Obsessed
  • Ennis, admit it,you're falling in love.
« Reply #452 on: November 06, 2006, 01:03:31 PM »
Hi, another newbie here. My name is Marjolein, I'm from the Netherlands.
I'm a big time lurker on livejournal, but I decided that I would like some more interaction with fellow brokeback addicts (without having to maintain a journal...). So that's what I hope to find here!
This already looks like a nice place. Interesting discussions, friendly people. I think I'll stay for a while  :D

Hi Marjolein, welcome. There's a lot to talk about in here, so make yourself at home, you can drop by the Diner and have chest hair coffee, the diner's specialty!!! ;D

Having to hide your love is denying it.

Offline emkay

• Membership_deactivated
  • Expert
  • a fact is only what you believe
« Reply #453 on: November 06, 2006, 01:23:16 PM »

Hi Marjolein, welcome. There's a lot to talk about in here, so make yourself at home, you can drop by the Diner and have chest hair coffee, the diner's specialty!!! ;D

chest hair coffee  ???  sounds very intriguing...always like to try something new!

Offline andy/Claude

• Obsessed
« Reply #454 on: November 06, 2006, 01:25:47 PM »
Welcome to our family y'all. ;D ;D
the shirts hanging on a nail shudder slightly in the draft.

Offline jack

• Tough Old Bird
  • Obsessed
  • aloha y'all...
    • My Adventures In Paradise
« Reply #455 on: November 06, 2006, 06:28:45 PM »

chest hair coffee  ???  sounds very intriguing...always like to try something new!
yup, the cyber strong stuff..

and you will no doubt be told many times the netherlands is well represented for its size here.  we have a cople dutchies and several dutch speakers and speakers in training.  you will soon hear from them all.  welcome.

jack
"through Seneca Falls, and Selma, and Stonewall..."

Offline Saena

• Experienced
    • my fanfiction account
« Reply #456 on: November 06, 2006, 11:24:23 PM »
Welcome to our family y'all. ;D ;D

Be prepared, this may be the biggest family you've ever joined.  ;) But also one of the greatest, of course!

Saena

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • Official Diner "Recapper"!
« Reply #457 on: November 07, 2006, 02:30:29 PM »
Hello Ana, Nan, and Marjolein!

Welcome to the forum!

Offline planetgal471

• Mistress of Metaphor
  • Obsessed
  • Race the Burning Sun
    • The Sacred Realm
« Reply #458 on: November 07, 2006, 08:15:21 PM »
Thanks for the welcome. I cannot come in very often but I'm slowly getting to know this place. Like I said I lurked for a while but once I became a member I saw there were other forums for members only. I'm particlularly interested in all Brokeback fan-fiction, but I don't know what to read first! So many options!

Thanks again for the warm welcome

Nan

Fanfic just happens to be my speciality! Head over to the slash threads and introduce yourself! We can give you all sorts of recommendations depending on your preferences. And believe me, they're good.
"Speak what you think today in words as hard as cannonballs and tomorrow speak what tomorrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict every thing you said today." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, Self Reliance

Offline tizi

• Getting Acquainted
« Reply #459 on: November 10, 2006, 06:29:15 AM »
hello there
i am tizi, brokeback_1 brought me here - i hope i will find him somehwere, but the page is enormous...!

i have entered the world of BBM about 7 months ago by reading the novel and then seeing the film. i have been stuck to this for weeks now, looking the internet about everything i could get about this story - and most of all to see what made be become so completely weird and confused and sad and longing to see the film again, watch youtube scenes or read the novel..

i found many wonderful friends on another site . now i am here continuing my journey.

i am from austria, guess one or two brokies may be found here, too??

thanks for reading!

Offline desertrat

• Sunflower
  • Obsessed
  • No angel ;-)
« Reply #460 on: November 10, 2006, 06:56:07 AM »
hey tizi, welcome here or better: servas !  :D

i'm from austria, too, so finally there is a second austrian here on the board, jippiee !!!

hope you'll like it here - it may take a while til you find your way through the board, it is enormous !

here's a couple of signposts:

the threads of The Impact on Society & Ourselves (http://davecullen.com/forum/index.php?board=3.0) are the heart of this place. there are many wonderful, sad, thoughtful stories there, especially on the How Brokeback affected me  thread.

in the international zone http://davecullen.com/forum/index.php?board=55.0, you'll find a german speakers thread. not too much going on there right now, but a nice hangout if yoyu want to meet germans.

well, and if you want to meet me, you best stick your head into Auntie's 24 hour Diner http://davecullen.com/forum/index.php?topic=8830.0. it's our chat thread, it moves an an insane speed because we're gabbing and chatting there all day, but it's lots of fun and a great way to get to know people.

well then, see you some place on the board  ;)
Minds are like parachutes... they both work better when opened.

Offline desertrat

• Sunflower
  • Obsessed
  • No angel ;-)
« Reply #461 on: November 10, 2006, 06:59:15 AM »
oh yes, there something else i forgot: what better way to introduce you to this board but providing the link to yesterday's Daily Sheet, our forum newspaper, which featured a nice little snippled from a thread discussion where you can easily see what important pieces of discussion we austrians can provide on the topic of brokeback mountain  :D :D

Thread of the Day: Should Jack and Ennis Have Learned How To Yodel?
http://davecullen.com/forum/index.php?topic=17427.msg575874#msg575874

Offline tizi

• Getting Acquainted
« Reply #462 on: November 11, 2006, 01:53:00 AM »
oh yes, there something else i forgot: what better way to introduce you to this board but providing the link to yesterday's Daily Sheet, our forum newspaper, which featured a nice little snippled from a thread discussion where you can easily see what important pieces of discussion we austrians can provide on the topic of brokeback mountain  :D :D

oh my goodness, i guess i better leave this thread... ich muss meinen kopf einziehen damit niemand weiß dass ich from austria bin...

you seem to be here for quite some time - i have heard about you in other forums (YES!!), too! it's always important to have one prominent austrian on important places, isn't it?
 ;D

Offline desertrat

• Sunflower
  • Obsessed
  • No angel ;-)
« Reply #463 on: November 11, 2006, 05:16:21 PM »

oh my goodness, i guess i better leave this thread... ich muss meinen kopf einziehen damit niemand weiß dass ich from austria bin...

you seem to be here for quite some time - i have heard about you in other forums (YES!!), too! it's always important to have one prominent austrian on important places, isn't it?
 ;D

OMG - my reputation is travelling around the internet...now let's just hope you've only heard good things (not things like...oh, there's that annoying little desertrat on DC, babbling all day and doing LOTS of dirty talk... :o :o ::))...well, unfortunately i have ruined the reputation of all austrians in here forever...bwahahahaha ! you'll have to live with that, i'm afraid ;D ;D

now, where did you hear about me ? (i'm really interested...)

Offline tizi

• Getting Acquainted
« Reply #464 on: November 12, 2006, 06:12:36 AM »
.. oh no, no worries - i only heard about a "wonderful woman from austria" - and since it seems to be rare to find austrians in these forums (i would like to know why - narrow minds? fear? now i can MIT VOLLEN HOSEN STINKEN - its my first experience with forums, too....), desertrat will probably not appear too often..
i am usually at ennisjack, people there have been simply wonderful to me...

and here i am sitting again today, after a night of BBM - still crying my heart out, trying to find comfort somewhere - because the time for me to ask for the WHY has finished - i do not have an answer, point. i'm just riding this one...

have a nice sunday... schnief... :'(

tizi