The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: New Members--Introduce Yourselves Here  (Read 498204 times)

Offline jack

• Tough Old Bird
  • Obsessed
  • aloha y'all...
    • My Adventures In Paradise
Re: New Members--Introduce Yourselves Here
« Reply #525 on: December 04, 2006, 08:36:35 PM »
There's also Jake's Eyelashes 1, 2, 3, and 4 to work through, in the archived section.  If you want pictures, I'm probably the guy to ask, I have a bit of a reputation when it comes to my admiration of everything Jake Gyllenhaal   :D  If you have any questions or need any help, please feel free to PM me and I'll help you find your way around.  For General chat you might also want to check out "FanFair" in the Actor's threads.   ;)
you can say THAT again !!  ;) ;D
"through Seneca Falls, and Selma, and Stonewall..."

Offline fastorslow

• Getting Acquainted
  • won't get much sleep, tell ya that
« Reply #526 on: December 08, 2006, 04:20:55 PM »
Hi all,
Hope there's room for me in the tent! This is my first post, though I have been lurking on the site for about a week now. Despite my moniker I have to say I am slow rather than fast since it took me so friggin' long to find this forum! I have been twisting in the wind (so to speak) for months and months trying to figure out why this movie has got me roped and tied. The truth is, I almost didn't go see it in the theater; it barely registered with me when it came out and I never gave the trailer a second look whenever it came on tv. I had no idea who HL and JG were. I don't know why I changed my mind but I am so glad that I saw in on the big screen (8x) before it left the area. Everything--the cinematography, the music, the direction, the heartbreakingly beautiful performances--just took my breath away. I will never forget the first time I saw the flashback scene with the dozy embrace. I felt like I had been kicked in the gut, and then I completely lost it. And I am not a person who cries in movies. The last time I cried in a movie was when I went to see (don't laugh) Hair. Yes, I had a huge crush on Treat Williams (whose character dies in the movie), plus I was in love with an Italian boy who had similarly long hair. (okay, you can laugh). A few months ago I decided to go cold turkey (this was after countless fulllscreen and widescreen viewings on dvd) because I was getting next to nothing done in my real life. And I was starting to feel like I had ruined the experience for myself; I knew every piece of diaglog (disputed lines notwithstanding) and gesture by heart. I missed the intensity of seeing it on the big screen. But then HBO started airing it and I was hooked again. So, here I am. This place has given me so many more wonderful reasons for going back and watching again (FNIT and SNIT in slo-mo, how delicious!). Thanks to all for such wonderful, insightful, not to mention funny (loved City Girl's quiz in SNIT some months back) posts.

Offline Chad81

• Obsessed
« Reply #527 on: December 08, 2006, 04:32:34 PM »
hi everybody, I was informed that I should introduce myself here.  my online name is chad and my real name as well because Im not creative enough to come up with tres kewl handles like most of you have.  I am 25 years old, I am from Montreal Canada but now live in amazing Vancouver BC.  I work for Air Canada and have been doing that for a little over 2 years now.  I love my job but I hate my union, lol!  Dont know if I should really say that but its the truth.  Im dating an amazing guy that is also on this forum who alot of you know.  He drives me crazy sometimes but hes addictive (kind of like the tv version of dr. mcdreamy except hes the real thing!), LOL.  I saw Brokeback Mountain for the first time last January and it was also the first time that I met my current boyfriend on a social level, so, the movie means alot to both of us.  I have no idea about most of the chat rooms on here, but lately Ive been chatting mostly in Fanfair and Queer as Folk.  oh and I really like Heath Ledger more than Jakey G but I still think Jakey G is cute!  I have to be real careful about that one, lol.  Anyways I dont really know what else to say but if you want to know more or have any suggestions of some other cool chat rooms on here, let me know.  ttys.   c.b. :)

Offline mcnell1120

• Vida Loca
  • Obsessed
  • Footsteps in my life....leave memories in my heart
« Reply #528 on: December 08, 2006, 04:40:05 PM »
OMG..Chad...I finally get to see your face...you're a doll.....now you be nice to Adrian...ha ha ha

So glad to finally meet you hon,check out the Diner as well and all over really....none of us bite...but I think you can hold your own, putting up with mi amigo over there...lol..whew!!

Your friend

Nellie
RICKY MARTIN ,tu eres mi Kiki !

Offline katiebbm

• Feet Wet
« Reply #529 on: December 08, 2006, 04:40:51 PM »
Welcome Fastorslow,
Thank you for your remarks. They mimicked the way I felt to a tee. For the longest time I thought I was the only one in the world that felt so twisted and knotted inside after seeing this movie. The force of it dominated every aspect of my life and I found myself returning to it over and over.
I hope that you find solace in this forum. I for one am still seeking relief from my obsession but until I do, I will have to learn to accept my fate as hopelessly infected with Gylle-itis and a devotee to BBM in all its wonderfulness.
Katie

Offline mcnell1120

• Vida Loca
  • Obsessed
« Reply #530 on: December 08, 2006, 04:45:47 PM »
Hey there Fast one...ha ha ha...glad you finally found us...there's plenty of room in this big tent of ours....

So welcome friend

Nellie

Offline fastorslow

• Getting Acquainted
  • won't get much sleep, tell ya that
« Reply #531 on: December 08, 2006, 05:14:26 PM »
Thank you Katie and Nellie,
I am not a forum person (or a computer person in general; I can barely open a Word document, hence no Gylly photo to accompany my profile  :( ) but I am glad that I joined this one. What a great place. Katie, even though I am happily married with 2 kids, I, too, am severely infected with Gylly-itis. I can't even think the boy's name without getting shivers. Guess I'll have to check out the Eyelashes thread...

Offline Ministering angel

• Obsessed
  • ...that distant summer...
« Reply #532 on: December 08, 2006, 06:20:59 PM »
You most certainly will, fastorslow, and all the other goodies that await. We're all in the same tent here.

And hello Chad. A Heath fan. That's my boy.

Offline Chad81

• Obsessed
« Reply #533 on: December 08, 2006, 06:45:35 PM »
hi everyone!  mcnell1120 (nellie?) you dont mind using your name? thats cool :) hi nellie, nice to meet you.  Im never nice to adrian, why you think he keeps coming back for more, lol.  what diner?  questions, questions, sorry.   :)

Offline john john

• Obsessed
  • Ennis, admit it,you're falling in love.
« Reply #534 on: December 08, 2006, 09:45:08 PM »
hi everyone!  mcnell1120 (nellie?) you dont mind using your name? thats cool :) hi nellie, nice to meet you.  Im never nice to adrian, why you think he keeps coming back for more, lol.  what diner?  questions, questions, sorry.   :)

Welcome Chad!

It's Auntie's 24 hour Diner, a place where the coffee puts hair on your chest. It's where you can let it all out, no subjects, just yakking between friends. Here's the link
http://davecullen.com/forum/index.php?topic=8830.164550

Having to hide your love is denying it.

Offline fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #535 on: December 08, 2006, 09:47:50 PM »
Welcome Chad! Just got online again after being cut off most of the day. By all means, come over to the Diner and pay us a visit, when you feel like it!

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline mcnell1120

• Vida Loca
  • Obsessed
« Reply #536 on: December 09, 2006, 09:20:47 AM »
hi everyone! mcnell1120 (nellie?) you dont mind using your name? thats cool :) hi nellie, nice to meet you. Im never nice to adrian, why you think he keeps coming back for more, lol. what diner? questions, questions, sorry. :)

Ha ha ha...yes, please call me Nellie...Nell...Nells...whatever...lol...

Ahemmm...never nice to him huh......**mind plays**

Offline desertrat

• Sunflower
  • Obsessed
  • No angel ;-)
« Reply #537 on: December 09, 2006, 04:06:01 PM »
hey chad ! good to meet you here as well (though i LOVE the QaF thread  ;)). nellie is right, come to the diner, there's lots of fun there !  :)
Minds are like parachutes... they both work better when opened.

Offline Chad81

• Obsessed
« Reply #538 on: December 09, 2006, 07:32:20 PM »
hi desertrat!  mcnell1120 and desertrat, in case you dont hear it enough, just wanna tell you that your both stunning women! :)

well Im sometimes nice to him, but it depends on if hes being nice to me  :)

Offline desertrat

• Sunflower
  • Obsessed
  • No angel ;-)
« Reply #539 on: December 10, 2006, 07:49:05 AM »
*deep blush* thanks chad... :)

sounds like a good deal you have with adrian...just who defines "nice" ?  ;D ;D ;D
Minds are like parachutes... they both work better when opened.