The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: How Brokeback Affected Me--continued  (Read 822210 times)

Offline Miaisland

• Lady of the midnight sun
  • Obsessed
  • Sending up a prayer of thanks
Re: How Brokeback Affected Me--continued
« Reply #525 on: October 17, 2007, 01:52:54 AM »
Then it was as if a veil fell from my eyes. It is amazing how things can change when you look at your partner with that adoring look that you previously felt ashamed of... I realize that I feared to expose myself too much, I didn't want to lose control, with all my self-esteem and pride.

Can't let go of these words, “that adoring look”. Long ago but I remember.
Hope I still do when I come out of this state of mind. If I do. Today I have my doubts.

I guess I'll keep on reading. When it comes to writing I must admit it – I want to do it in Swedish!
“Ours is not the task of fixing the entire world at once, but of stretching out to mend the part of the world that is within our reach.” - Clarissa Pinkola Estés

Offline Elevation

• Obsessed
« Reply #526 on: October 17, 2007, 05:35:15 AM »
It is from Alberta, Canada; and I feel SURE that the mural is inspired by BBM. Accordingly, I feel that it is very relevant to how BBM affected people.

BUT be very sure to click on each tile for an enlargement, for there you will see something completely unexpected each time. We were directed first to look into the horse's EYE in this way. Just wonderful. Enjoy. 

http://www.muralmosaic.com/Cochrane.html

Johnny X, that mosaic link was amazing. Each of those images are gigantic; talk about positivt collaboration! :) Thanks for that and your sweet comment.

... how shall I thank you all for your sweet replies... hopefully we'll all meet in person some day
Odd as it is to quote oneself, but when I began writing that post I just knew I risked forgetting somebody - so with this post I want to express my  deep gratitude to each and everyone who has since posted kind comments re my and Wayne's posts.... :)
Miaisland, Tigs and chapeaugris and everyone else. :-* :-* :-* Looong time no see, but hopefully next year then!

One person I have not thanked enough here and who deserves a bit of 'public' acknowledgement is a gal who I speak with every other day or so ;D but still, a little word online is also important esp for those who don't know that bbmbliss, Sarah is my dear friend and who I want to thank especially for being there both long before and after I posted that long post - the contents of which  you already knew much about from having shared this bumpy BBM ride with me closer than most people. Huge galore, :-* and *morning booty dance for neighbors* ;D
Well there's a bridge and there's a river that I still must cross...

Online CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • Official Diner "Recapper"!
« Reply #527 on: October 17, 2007, 06:21:06 AM »
One person I have not thanked enough here and who deserves a bit of 'public' acknowledgement is a gal who I speak with every other day or so ;D but still, a little word online is also important esp for those who don't know that bbmbliss, Sarah is my dear friend and who I want to thank especially for being there both long before and after I posted that long post - the contents of which  you already knew much about from having shared this bumpy BBM ride with me closer than most people. Huge galore, :-* and *morning booty dance for neighbors* ;D

"El", I'm so glad you found a friend in Miss Bliss!  She is one of the people who I have very vivid memories of meeting in Texas at the first BBQ, very special and sweet woman!

Offline bbmbliss

• Truly Scrumptious
  • Obsessed
  • Love is where it falls
« Reply #528 on: October 18, 2007, 12:43:10 AM »

Thanks sweetie  :-*  *dancing right along with you*  ;D

And thanks Chuck too!
I know why the caged bird sings.  The caged bird sings of freedom. - Maya Angelou

Offline Zudos

• Viscount Libertine
  • Obsessed
  • Darkness belongs to night skies & nothing else
« Reply #529 on: October 18, 2007, 03:34:43 AM »
Ahhhhhh You know you are special Sarah :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
The Greatest thing is to love and be loved in return...

Or

To breakfast at PRADA

Offline bbmbliss

• Truly Scrumptious
  • Obsessed
  • Love is where it falls
« Reply #530 on: October 18, 2007, 05:35:47 AM »
 :-* to you too Wayne! 
I know why the caged bird sings.  The caged bird sings of freedom. - Maya Angelou

Offline gavern

• Feet Wet
    • My Music
« Reply #531 on: October 18, 2007, 01:33:29 PM »
This movie has had an incredible impact on my soul. I can't really use words to describe it. I am a 31 "Gay, Bi or whatever" male and I think that this movie shows, in an incredible way, the power of human love, it shows that we need to remove the labels attached to our physicalness in order to receive and respond to love on an e-motional (energy-motional) level. So much of what we taught to believe, or "told" to believe in our religious upbringing steers too far away from the universal foundation of love that far supersedes any man-made tradition. I believe that it is important to have spiritual grounding, but that in and of itself is left up to the believer and bares no limitations, religion on the other hand, because of its control factor, always bares limitations and as beautifully displayed in this movie, there are no boundaries on the power of human love, and there's something about male to male love that is so deep that it is almost a universe of it's own, It's the kind of love I wish to experience ~ no matter what the cost.

Online CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • Official Diner "Recapper"!
« Reply #532 on: October 18, 2007, 01:44:44 PM »
Welcome to DCF, gavern!

Offline Zudos

• Viscount Libertine
  • Obsessed
  • Darkness belongs to night skies & nothing else
« Reply #533 on: October 18, 2007, 01:54:17 PM »
Hey Gavern... Wonderful post...

Many of us have made huge changes in our lives because of the impact of BBM...

Look forward to getting to know you more...
The Greatest thing is to love and be loved in return...

Or

To breakfast at PRADA

Offline gavern

• Feet Wet
    • My Music
« Reply #534 on: October 18, 2007, 01:58:58 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome guys I sure gald forum exists!

Offline john john

• Obsessed
  • Ennis, admit it,you're falling in love.
« Reply #535 on: October 18, 2007, 02:20:49 PM »
Hi Gavern! Welcome aboard!

Did you first see BBM recently?

Having to hide your love is denying it.

Offline gavern

• Feet Wet
    • My Music
« Reply #536 on: October 18, 2007, 03:47:12 PM »
Hi Gavern! Welcome aboard!

Did you first see BBM recently?

Yes a week ago, I couldn't even go to work the next day, I'm a musician and I am even composing a song in memeory of that movie, nothing has impacted me so, and I'm a very deep person, so you can just imagine! Thanks for the welcome.

Offline dahlia

• lonewolf
  • Obsessed
  • Oändligt är vårt stora äventyr
« Reply #537 on: October 18, 2007, 04:00:45 PM »
Hi Gavern  :)

So nice to have you here!

Offline paintedshoes

• Movie Lover
  • Obsessed
  • Well, I won't! "Til the next time, my friends!"
« Reply #538 on: October 18, 2007, 04:12:04 PM »

Yes a week ago, I couldn't even go to work the next day, I'm a musician and I am even composing a song in memeory of that movie, nothing has impacted me so, and I'm a very deep person, so you can just imagine! Thanks for the welcome.
Let me join in the welcome, Gavern.  We here know a thing or two about the impact.   :D  If we can answer any questions, please don't hesitate...

-Jackie
"Miracles do happen, dear friend(s).  Miracles are real."- Boris 
"There are only two things we know: the cosmos exists and we are imbedded within the cosmos.  Everything else is speculation and discovery."- Caithness's dad
Ing's space:Ingyllenhaal+Ingstier+Ing-Myster+Ingwer+IngCannesBabe+darlING

Offline JohnnyX

• Experienced
  • LOVE is indeed a force of nature.
« Reply #539 on: October 18, 2007, 06:45:17 PM »
This movie has had an incredible impact on my soul. I can't really use words to describe it. I am a 31 "Gay, Bi or whatever" male and I think that this movie shows, in an incredible way, the power of human love, ...
... and as beautifully displayed in this movie, there are no boundaries on the power of human love, and there's something about male to male love that is so deep that it is almost a universe of it's own, It's the kind of love I wish to experience ~ no matter what the cost.

Hello Gavern.
I wish to add another to the warm welcoming messages to you. I hope that you will find a lot of consolation in this lovely place.

If you should have the time, I would recommend reading earlier posts on the ORIGINAL of this thread. There are thousands of them in there, but it was marvellous therapy for me to be able to read them all, when I was at the early stage that you are at, of reeling after the impact of BBM.
Here is a link to page 1 of it: http://www.davecullen.com/forum/index.php?topic=101.0

Gavern, I have edited your post above, to leave in some parts which really speak to me; but also to say that FOR ME, I must disagree with your closing words there. In my own case, I NOW, post BBM, wish for that M2M closeness which you refer to; however as a long-time married man with an extremely loving wife who will not countenance such a thing; I KNOW that for me, I will probably never experience that M2M physicality, because the cost in losing her would indeed be too much for me.  By contrast, it is lovely that you feel so free and so strong that you are able to make that statement. (So please do not misunderstand me, there is NO criticism intended by what I write here; merely my different perspective.)

However, although I don't expect to ever have that M2M physicality now, I am BLESSED in that I briefly had the most beautiful love of a wonderful man in here just over a year ago; and I have the emotional love of two other wonderful men in here who continue to help me through the heart-break; along with several other marvellous correspondents who assist. I am very lucky to have met so many amazing people, and all HERE in this thread.

May your journey on this new road be a happy one for you.
All the best: JohnnyX.
Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

The happiest people don't have the best of everything.  They just make the best of everything. 

Jack & Ennis DID make the best of their situations. For 20 glorious years! Don't forget those 20 years of LOVE!