The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: "Jackie's Friends"  (Read 442227 times)

Online killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
Re: "Jackie's Friends"
« Reply #855 on: January 25, 2008, 01:40:33 AM »
((((((Paula)))))))
Your words I take into my heart. We were the ones blessed to have Jackie. You sent me a post card after Jackie came to visit me in my home almost 2 years ago. I still have it. Your words were wondeful then as now.

Thanks is not enough to you. Your thoughts are truly beautiful.

Great hugs to you,
Linda
"Life can only be understood backwards. Unfortunately, it must be lived forward."
... Kierkegaard

Offline Boris

• The Iceman melteth
  • Obsessed
  • I was just thinkin' out loud.
« Reply #856 on: January 25, 2008, 01:41:26 AM »
Jari,

Please excuse the typo on your name-- I've got fat, chubby-stubby fingers, and I've been up for over 34 hours.  Sorry, I promise to screw up one of the other letters next time!

Hugs & kisses,
Paula ;-)

Sweetie... you should hear how people pronounce it...
"A theater is the most important sort of house in the world, because that's where people are shown what they could be if they wanted, and what they'd liked to be if they dared, and what they really are." -Tove Jansson-

Offline zth

• The Untamable Beast
  • Obsessed
  • Why me ?
« Reply #857 on: January 25, 2008, 01:56:12 AM »
This is one of the saddest and most shocking news ....  :(   :(

Jackie, you were a sweet friend, a beutiful person, and I will miss you very very much.

:'( 

(   (   (   H   *   U    *   G   *   G   *   E   *   D   )   )   )

Offline BrokenOkie

• Former Mod
  • Obsessed
    • The Dave Cullen Forum Band
« Reply #858 on: January 25, 2008, 02:04:38 AM »

Offline planetgal471

• Mistress of Metaphor
  • Obsessed
  • Race the Burning Sun
    • The Sacred Realm
« Reply #859 on: January 25, 2008, 02:19:04 AM »
(((((((((((Paula)))))))))))

I am way beyond words at this point. Just-- thank you, for everything.
"Speak what you think today in words as hard as cannonballs and tomorrow speak what tomorrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict every thing you said today." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, Self Reliance

Offline Jules

• The Silent Observer
  • Obsessed
  • Jake's CCC
« Reply #860 on: January 25, 2008, 02:20:10 AM »
((((((Paula))))))

I'm at loss of words. No way I can be there on Saturday, but Jackie and all of you will be in my thoughts. Thank you for taking the time to write here, you're such a wonderful person.

Thank you for the bottom of my heart. I'll be in Oxford and Jackie will be with us...this is unbelievable.

Much love
Catia (from Rome, Italy)
"Truth is, sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it."

Offline brianr

• Obsessed
« Reply #861 on: January 25, 2008, 02:21:19 AM »
Paula
That was beautiful. There is an older man way down here in Australia just wishing he could have met Jackie in person and wishing he could be there on Saturday. You will be in my thoughts. Saturday is, of course, impossible but there was one crazy moment today when I wondered if I could find the funds to fly to Denver in 2 weeks. I could but as I have appointments the following week, I would have to fly straight home again and that would be ridiculous especially as I hate flying. Instead I will just have to continue looking forward to meeting some of the group in Europe in April/May and perhaps I can find the money to travel back and spend time in the USA in 2009. Nearly 2 years since I joined this forum and although I have hardly met any of you in RL, I feel you are all my friends. That is the magic of Brokeback.

Offline planetgal471

• Mistress of Metaphor
  • Obsessed
  • Race the Burning Sun
    • The Sacred Realm
« Reply #862 on: January 25, 2008, 02:25:11 AM »
From Melissa........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4X3BcMcANQg

Oh God, thanks for posting this Glenn. I had been secretly grieving that there didn't seem to be a single picture of me with Jackie except two group shots where I was very far away from her. This video, though, had a beautiful picture where I'm nestled between Marakesh and Jackie in the Bay City cold. I will so treasure it.
"Speak what you think today in words as hard as cannonballs and tomorrow speak what tomorrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict every thing you said today." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, Self Reliance

Offline 64 Zoo Lane

• Obsessed
  • Mad About El Niņo
« Reply #863 on: January 25, 2008, 02:31:41 AM »
What sad, sad news. And to think I only found out about Jackie's illness two days ago, by chance, because of Heath Ledger's death. The word coincidence doesn't seem to quite do this justice.

My condolences to Jackie's family and her many friends on the board. I don't have the heart to go through this entire thread but I've already caught glimpses of jut how much this is going to affect so many of you. I am thinking of you all.

I wanted a place where I could leave record that I, like so many others, was touched by Jackie, by her kindness and thoughtfulness and generosity of spirit. I never met her but I will remember her very fondly as one of life's truly special individuals. How lucky I was that she came to my aid at the beginning of my Brokeback experience.

I also wanted to say: 'Goodbye Jackie. Rest in peace and thank you for your friendship'.

Mireia. X
You have no idea how bad it gets

Offline BrokenOkie

• Former Mod
  • Obsessed
    • The Dave Cullen Forum Band
« Reply #864 on: January 25, 2008, 02:48:35 AM »
Oh God, thanks for posting this Glenn. I had been secretly grieving that there didn't seem to be a single picture of me with Jackie except two group shots where I was very far away from her. This video, though, had a beautiful picture where I'm nestled between Marakesh and Jackie in the Bay City cold. I will so treasure it.

It was meant to be (((Jess))). 

Offline Zudos

• Viscount Libertine
  • Obsessed
  • Darkness belongs to night skies & nothing else
« Reply #865 on: January 25, 2008, 02:57:46 AM »
Hey Paula,

I am sitting here in floods of tears, but for the first time in a few days they are sad and happy tears...

What a wonderful post... And more than anything I am so glad to see that Jackie realised the love and friendship that she had... Of course she was always giving more...!!!!!

I love you more at the end of every conversation...

Its so wonderful to see you here... And I will see you and Mark again and hope to meet Joanne as well...

I can not make this weekend, so please all hug each other from me...  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

How are Mark and Joanne holding up...?

Thank you so much for making all of this possible... And for welcoming me into your home in July 2006...

Lots and lots of Love

Wayne   
The Greatest thing is to love and be loved in return...

Or

To breakfast at PRADA

Offline Zudos

• Viscount Libertine
  • Obsessed
  • Darkness belongs to night skies & nothing else
« Reply #866 on: January 25, 2008, 02:58:29 AM »
And by the way Paula - You are doing what we all do... Say we are going to bed and then staying here.... :-* ;D
The Greatest thing is to love and be loved in return...

Or

To breakfast at PRADA

Offline chapeaugris

• Obsessed
« Reply #867 on: January 25, 2008, 03:07:39 AM »
I'm in tears too, Paula, and for a good reason at last.

I came to Washington from France in July to take my daughter to summer camp in Maryland. When Jackie heard I was coming and was going to rent a car for that day to take her to camp, she offered to drive us. I was simply overwhelmed by her generosity as she didn't know me in real life. During the drive up there she went on about dozens of forum members and I wondered if there was anyone here she didn't know. You confirmed for me what I suspected from listening to her, that she had had a lot of disappointments in life and had finally found a place to express herself safely and give of herself without judgement. She was absorbing all the love flooding  back to her like a dry sponge. Finding this place was the miracle of her life, I think.

Offline mcnell1120

• Vida Loca
  • Obsessed
  • Footsteps in my life....leave memories in my heart
« Reply #868 on: January 25, 2008, 03:11:23 AM »
PAULA,

Jesus Christ woman...............your post is "PRICELESS".....thank you so so much for doing this...words escape me now!!

But they well certainly come later!!!

((((Paula))))
RICKY MARTIN ,tu eres mi Kiki !

Offline JackiesDIL

• Getting Acquainted
« Reply #869 on: January 25, 2008, 03:12:28 AM »
And by the way Paula - You are doing what we all do... Say we are going to bed and then staying here.... :-* ;D

Oh my God!  It's happening already!  OK- really... I'm going to bed now!!

Sweet dreams,

Paula ;-)