The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: Dreams: The meaning behind them  (Read 59433 times)

Offline dejavu

• may the snowy egret live
  • Obsessed
Re: Dreams: The meaning behind them
« Reply #165 on: February 08, 2008, 01:35:55 PM »
Your English is fine, Mia.   :-*  I think you may be on the right track, about personal development.

Chuck, I had another thought about the so-called bride in your dream who was cloaked so her identity seemed a mystery.

Maybe she was Muse, and you were dreaming about becoming more wedded to your Muse -- your inspiration -- and doing more writing. 

Perhaps the rolls of coins represent the success you are hoping to find in your writing. 

And the man who came to fit you for a tux could be the serious part of yourself that tells you that you need to get serious about writing.  Maybe he's a bit of a taskmaster, wanting you to get on a schedule.
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #166 on: February 08, 2008, 01:45:10 PM »
OK, I had the first rather odd dream in ages.

Chuck, you and I were on Mars! But the atmosphere was breathable, we were sitting in an outdoor cafe(!) and admiring all the red sand dunes from our table, on the outskirts of a small settlement. We were there with another Brokie, no one currently on the Forum but we both knew him, and he was asking us about times and places that we met other Brokies, the data of which he was writing down using a laptop.

Also, we were witnesses to an event, namely, someone had brought the Wright Brothers original Flyer from Earth, and had released it unmanned into the air, apparently expecting it to glide to the surface, but we could see that it crashed in the distance. We weren't particularly upset by this event.

As I said, this was about the strangest dream I've had in a long time!

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline dejavu

• may the snowy egret live
  • Obsessed
« Reply #167 on: February 08, 2008, 02:49:08 PM »
Fritz:  Hmmmm.  Outdoor cafes like in NYC -- you were just talking about Greenwich Village recently, so those conversations could have given you an idea for the backdrop for this dream.  But Greenwich Village transported to Mars?

I sort of hate to even suggest this, but the fact that you were in a rather otherworldly environment makes me wonder if you were thinking about Jackie.  You do say "no one currently on the Forum but we both knew" that person. 

You say the other Brokie was a man?  That could spoil the analogy, or maybe that's a detail that doesn't matter.  I can see Jackie's spirit still asking about about the times and places you met other Brokies. 

And the laptop, and this person's way of writing down data, reminds me of the little black book Jackie kept information in about all the other Brokies.

I don't what to think, regarding the Wright Brothers original Flyer.  But if you weren't upset that it crashed, this might be because the emphasis in your dream was on the spiritual, rather than on the physical objects.

Or I may be way off base.  Maybe Chuck will have an idea. 
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #168 on: February 08, 2008, 02:53:23 PM »
It was a guy we were talking to, Debbie. Interesting ideas, hadn't thought about many of those!

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • Official Diner "Recapper"!
« Reply #169 on: February 08, 2008, 06:19:25 PM »
Chuck, you and I were on Mars! But the atmosphere was breathable, we were sitting in an outdoor cafe(!) and admiring all the red sand dunes from our table, on the outskirts of a small settlement. We were there with another Brokie, no one currently on the Forum but we both knew him, and he was asking us about times and places that we met other Brokies, the data of which he was writing down using a laptop.

I was in another Brokie's dream!  how cool is that?

Offline mcnell1120

• Vida Loca
  • Obsessed
  • Footsteps in my life....leave memories in my heart
« Reply #170 on: February 08, 2008, 06:39:56 PM »
Shit!!!  Fritzie...this is a strange one indeed...but it has a very simple meaning ,one that you have to be aware of and be careful...

Dreaming of Mars means that you may suffer much unhappiness through the cruelty of certain so-called friends. Also be aware of enemies ...seeing "red" means arguments...

I know it's just a dream,but just be careful with people....people even from this Forum especially...

Sorry Fritzie..

Nellie
RICKY MARTIN ,tu eres mi Kiki !

Offline mcnell1120

• Vida Loca
  • Obsessed
« Reply #171 on: February 19, 2008, 03:18:51 PM »
Shit...did I scare everyone away?!?!...lol

Offline mcnell1120

• Vida Loca
  • Obsessed
« Reply #172 on: February 19, 2008, 03:22:09 PM »
This morning I woke up with a weird one....I was with a bunch of people including my own children and some people from the media. We were out visiting some Amish people and they wouldn't let us enter all the way in their complex or community. Before I knew it, my 9 yr old daughter was dressed in Amish clothing and chasing two boys!!  WTF?

It was crazy,I was shaking my head smiling as we were filming this and then I woke up.....hmmmmmm...wonder what all that means!

Any guesses? 

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • Official Diner "Recapper"!
« Reply #173 on: February 19, 2008, 04:20:21 PM »
Geeez, that sounds like a doozy there, Nellie.

Perhaps you are wishing for a simpler way of life, a more innocent way, which could be what the Amish represent.  Children are considered innocent, so that could be why you saw your daughtere in Amish clothing.

But there is a part of you that knows that life will not be that way, which is why you couldn't go all the way into the village.

Offline mcnell1120

• Vida Loca
  • Obsessed
« Reply #174 on: February 20, 2008, 08:54:30 AM »
Geeez, that sounds like a doozy there, Nellie.

Perhaps you are wishing for a simpler way of life, a more innocent way, which could be what the Amish represent.  Children are considered innocent, so that could be why you saw your daughtere in Amish clothing.

But there is a part of you that knows that life will not be that way, which is why you couldn't go all the way into the village.

Jesus Christ.......that could be it!!   ::)

Simple life in Chicago?......ugh.....oh well...maybe I should move to Iowa or Idaho.....where ever the hell they live.....lol  ;D

Offline CANSTANDIT

• Obsessed
  • Special Brokeback Victims Unit
« Reply #175 on: February 21, 2008, 12:25:21 PM »
Here's a thought, Nellie-often babies or children are our own inner child, either damaged or protected.

Maybe your core nature protests repression, ie, Amish, and you wish for freedom from constraints.

Just a light thought.  ;)

One of the most telling dreams I ever had, years ago, was standing looking up at an old family home, holding an infant-and an authority figure who had completely cowed me as a kid was in one of the windows, staring down at me.

I had finally gotten away....and I had taken my inner child intact, with me.

I cannot tell you how good I felt the morning after that dream!

Offline Miaisland

• Lady of the midnight sun
  • Obsessed
  • Sending up a prayer of thanks
« Reply #176 on: February 24, 2008, 11:27:22 PM »
Oh what a great dream Canstandit!!!

I've also dreamt like that, me rescuing a child waking up feeling very, very good. I also think that was about my inner child.

For me the feeling I wake up with is important to understand what the dream might mean.
“Ours is not the task of fixing the entire world at once, but of stretching out to mend the part of the world that is within our reach.” - Clarissa Pinkola Estés

Offline mcnell1120

• Vida Loca
  • Obsessed
« Reply #177 on: March 06, 2008, 08:57:28 AM »
Here's a thought, Nellie-often babies or children are our own inner child, either damaged or protected.

Maybe your core nature protests repression, ie, Amish, and you wish for freedom from constraints.

Just a light thought.  ;)

One of the most telling dreams I ever had, years ago, was standing looking up at an old family home, holding an infant-and an authority figure who had completely cowed me as a kid was in one of the windows, staring down at me.

I had finally gotten away....and I had taken my inner child intact, with me.

I cannot tell you how good I felt the morning after that dream!

That's a GREAT thought and makes tons of sense to me...

Thanks

Offline MsMercury

• Obsessed
« Reply #178 on: March 12, 2008, 05:30:46 PM »
I swear I have the weirdest dreams of anyone I know. Almost every night I have bizarre, vivid dreams.
One of my less bizarre but strange none the less, dreams was the other night. It's the first time i've ever dreamed about Ennis and Jack. It was very short but I dreamed the three of us lived in the home I grew up in and Ennis and I were having a fight, about what I have no idea. I was running outside away from him and Jack was running after us. I was running because I was scared Ennis was going to hit me.
I ended up playing ball with the guys in the neighborhood that I grew up with and Ennis and Jack stayed outside on lawn chairs watching. When it got dark, I went inside to take a shower and as I walked past them to go inside Ennis was glaring at me and he got up and followed me into the house. The end.
 Now, even though that was all there was to the dream and there was nothing sexual in it at all; I had the feeling that the three of us were together.  Like we had a three way relationship going! LOL! Wouldn't that make an interesting slash story?!

Offline mcnell1120

• Vida Loca
  • Obsessed
« Reply #179 on: March 18, 2008, 05:30:50 PM »
LOL...a three-way?.....I'm so jealous!!  bwahahahah ;D

This is an interesting one you had...I gotta look that one up for you when I have a bit more time...