The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: Caring for others with chronic illnesses  (Read 236814 times)

Offline desertrat

• Sunflower
  • Obsessed
  • No angel ;-)
Re: Caring for others with chronic illnesses
« Reply #195 on: January 02, 2007, 05:52:46 AM »
will do so, nellie. it is a gift, a mercy top be able to go without pain, peacefully. i hope that will be possible for your aunt.
Minds are like parachutes... they both work better when opened.

Offline Nax

• The Captain Underpants Enigma
  • Tech Support
  • Obsessed
  • A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.
    • naxfun.com
« Reply #196 on: January 02, 2007, 05:54:15 AM »
We are with you Nellie  :-*

Online CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • Official Diner "Recapper"!
« Reply #197 on: January 02, 2007, 10:08:53 AM »
I had prayed to God to take my aunt after the New Year.....guess that will happen shortly....please say a prayer that she goes peacefully and w/o pain....I'm praying for my mom to keep up her strength

Nellie, I'm praying for your aunt, that she has a peaceful journey as she crosses over, and for your mom, that she will find comfort and peace offered from her relatives.

Offline cabin

• Obsessed
« Reply #198 on: January 03, 2007, 05:34:40 PM »
Nells:

Your aunt will be in my thoughts.  Take care of your mama as she will be the one to feel the brunt.

:-* Gerry

Offline whiplash

• Membership_deactivated
  • Obsessed
« Reply #199 on: January 05, 2007, 05:37:29 PM »
Thinking about you Nelly and saying a prayer for your aunt and your family.  Big hugs to all!
You complete me.

Offline whiplash

• Membership_deactivated
  • Obsessed
« Reply #200 on: January 09, 2007, 04:38:03 PM »
Still thinking about you Nell and praying for your aunt.  Let us know how she is doing (if you have time).  {{{hug}}}
You complete me.

Offline mcnell1120

• Vida Loca
  • Obsessed
  • Footsteps in my life....leave memories in my heart
« Reply #201 on: January 09, 2007, 05:21:16 PM »
Still thinking about you Nell and praying for your aunt. Let us know how she is doing (if you have time). {{{hug}}}

OMG...what a doll you are...thank you for thinking of me and my aunt. I just got off the phone with my mother. Perfect timing. She isn't doing too good. They put her on dialysis now 3x a week...every day they take out 3 liters of liquid out of her...she's in contant pain....I hate this...hate it all...my worst fears..to suffer...I just want her to go. My Goddamn uncle doesn't even want them to give her morphine...he wants to see her awake so he can pretend she's getting better. He's so screwed up...he isn't ready to let her go...won't make funeral arrangements...won't let us talk about it....ugh.........she flatlined the other day....were able to get her back....shit!!!

sorry...I'm not mad at my uncle..just tired of all this..feel so badly for him and my mom...not to mention the suffering my aunt is going through...*sigh*

Thanks again for thinking of her... :-*

Nellie
RICKY MARTIN ,tu eres mi Kiki !

Online CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • Official Diner "Recapper"!
« Reply #202 on: January 09, 2007, 06:19:36 PM »
OMG...what a doll you are...thank you for thinking of me and my aunt. I just got off the phone with my mother. Perfect timing. She isn't doing too good. They put her on dialysis now 3x a week...every day they take out 3 liters of liquid out of her...she's in contant pain....I hate this...hate it all...my worst fears..to suffer...I just want her to go. My Goddamn uncle doesn't even want them to give her morphine...he wants to see her awake so he can pretend she's getting better. He's so screwed up...he isn't ready to let her go...won't make funeral arrangements...won't let us talk about it....ugh.........she flatlined the other day....were able to get her back....shit!!!

sorry...I'm not mad at my uncle..just tired of all this..feel so badly for him and my mom...not to mention the suffering my aunt is going through...*sigh*

Thanks again for thinking of her... :-*

Nellie

Nellie, I'm sorry that she is in pain, and you can't do anything for her.  I'm keeping her and you and my prayers.

Offline conny

• seagirl
  • Obsessed
    • forthejoyoflife
« Reply #203 on: January 10, 2007, 01:13:11 AM »
this is hard to hear nell,and i can imagine this is hard for all of you.doesn`t your aunt have a say in this,or does she too has hope?
"we are one,but we are not the same"   U2

Offline mcnell1120

• Vida Loca
  • Obsessed
« Reply #204 on: January 10, 2007, 05:44:06 AM »
this is hard to hear nell,and i can imagine this is hard for all of you.doesn`t your aunt have a say in this,or does she too has hope?

She can't speak anymore...it's been months. She has tubes all over...Whether she talked about this before with her husband..I have no idea..she signed no papers...nothing....all her organs are shutting down...she even has a glaze over her eyes....that look of death.....ugh!!  *sigh*

Offline Nax

• The Captain Underpants Enigma
  • Tech Support
  • Obsessed
  • A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.
    • naxfun.com
« Reply #205 on: January 10, 2007, 06:17:09 AM »

She can't speak anymore...it's been months. She has tubes all over...Whether she talked about this before with her husband..I have no idea..she signed no papers...nothing....all her organs are shutting down...she even has a glaze over her eyes....that look of death.....ugh!!  *sigh*
Nellie, you know there is nothing to worry about, but I know how painful this period is for you and you family, you can see the final hurdle approaching and everyone is holding their breath waiting - remember to breathe honey, one step and one day at a time.  I just hope that her passing will be peaceful and that you Uncle is there with her it will help him.  If she has morphine at this stage it will help her rest.  I'm thinking of you and sending you the love and support you gave to me in my recent bereavement.

hugs honey  (((((((((((Nellie))))))))))))

Offline conny

• seagirl
  • Obsessed
    • forthejoyoflife
« Reply #206 on: January 10, 2007, 06:44:39 AM »

oh darn,that is even harder.this is so unfare.why do they keep on doing this to her.i hope she gets peace very soon!!
"we are one,but we are not the same"   U2

Online brianr

• Obsessed
« Reply #207 on: January 10, 2007, 01:38:26 PM »
Oh Nell,  I am thinking of and praying for you, your mother and Aunt.
And please, everyone, although it might be difficult to consider, do discuss with your loved ones and even better put into writing your wishes if you decline into a condition like this. My sister and I have both signed enduring powers of attorney with the stipulation that we are not to be kept alive if there is no medical hope. However my brother-in-law will not even think about it. 

Offline mcnell1120

• Vida Loca
  • Obsessed
« Reply #208 on: January 10, 2007, 02:19:34 PM »
Thank you everyone...you are all too kind...and it sure helps...and Brian,man,you're not kidding...we must all do this...perfect example right here...and let's not wait until we get old either...because stuff like this happens to us all....

Offline cabin

• Obsessed
« Reply #209 on: January 10, 2007, 02:59:13 PM »
Thinking of you.

Gerry