The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: Brokeback Mountain Memorabilia  (Read 430364 times)

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
Re: Brokeback Mountain Memorabilia
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2006, 01:28:54 PM »
Well, Auntie's Brokeback Mountain BBQ in Texas has left all of us attendees with some new memorabilia to savor.  (Thanks to Jan, and Glen, for the photos!)

We were all presented with gift bags:

another version

Neither Glen nor Jan have the bag of Gourmet Popcorn pictured--the label had the UBBF forum and a logo for the BBQ printed on it.  I can only assume they both ate it!  (Wonder if they kept the label?)

Here's a close-up photo of the bean can we all treasure.
(Thanks, Jimmy!)

By the way, because of the "new" airline procedures that week, a special announcement was made NOT to try to carry on our Better Most's on the plane-it's considered a liquid!  Can you imagine trying to take our bean cans away?

A close-up of one of the varied buttons in our bags.  Michael Flanagan is going to post where these can be gotten and I will put the info here when known!

Offline RodneyWY

• AP's Torch Bearer
  • Obsessed
  • "Voice of Brokeback" (named by Jackie Pascarella)
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2006, 06:28:43 PM »
What a wonderful set of keepsakes!  Sure wish I'd been able to attend -- just seeing the BBQ in pictures is helpful.  Thanks to all of the photographers.  I'll look forward to learning about the possibility of obtaining some of these items for my collection!  You guys at the Texas event really set the bar high for any future event!

Offline jack

• Tough Old Bird
  • Obsessed
  • aloha y'all...
    • My Adventures In Paradise
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2006, 06:43:59 PM »
rodney...

i didn't know you might be looking for keepsakes of the BBQ.  here's a thought worth trying.  i gave my bean can to a fellow from florida, lake city.  don't know how much he really wanted a spare.  it really is a spectacular creation, just not something i wanted to have to deal with in a move.  try pming kirb and seeing if he would mind sparing one.  i can't say what his answer will be, but nothing ventured nothing gained.  y'aint getting my bag or button.

jack 

"through Seneca Falls, and Selma, and Stonewall..."

Offline RodneyWY

• AP's Torch Bearer
  • Obsessed
  • "Voice of Brokeback" (named by Jackie Pascarella)
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2006, 07:56:41 PM »
Hey Jack!  I wouldn't even begin to presume!!!

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2006, 12:46:01 PM »
Yes, a calendar is available!

I bought a calendar once with a month missing from it!
Which would be amusing in a BBM calendar if the caption were:
"What in hell ever happened to August?"

For more info see September 3rd Daily Sheet Article:
http://davecullen.com/forum/index.php?topic=12533.msg434670

Back Cover:
« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 11:58:49 AM by Lyle (Mooska) »

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2006, 03:16:35 PM »
1.5" buttons are available from a Canadian place,
currently selling them through eBay.

Heath/Ennis set of buttons

Jake/Jack set of buttons w/two bonus buttons

Offline royandronnie

• Regards from my bit of the Mountain
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • They existed in our hearts, and always will.
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2006, 03:17:14 PM »
I would really like to know the brands of the shirts E. Del Mar and Dave brought to the BBQ, which I could not attend. They looked like the actual ones, and short of having a hundred grand plus to spend on the real ones, it would be great to get similar ones. Can anyone help me there? I'm going to Arizona in about a month, figure that's a pretty good place to look!

Thanks!
"…in the family homestead of his dead lover, the shirts they wore while cowboying together long before: shabby denim and weary cotton, wrapped in each other's arms." Like this. Always.

He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all

Gonzo

« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2006, 07:20:57 PM »
I would really like to know the brands of the shirts E. Del Mar and Dave brought to the BBQ, which I could not attend. They looked like the actual ones, and short of having a hundred grand plus to spend on the real ones, it would be great to get similar ones. Can anyone help me there? I'm going to Arizona in about a month, figure that's a pretty good place to look!

Thanks!

My understanding is that those shirts brought to the BBQ were actual props from the movie.  Not THE shirts but back ups or extras that may not have been used.  Somewhere in this forum was posted a link to the shirtmakers that provided part of the wardrobe.  Alas, I can't remember what they were called but maybe if you google something like BBM shirts they'll pop up.  Good luck.

adrian_delmar

« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2006, 07:59:53 PM »

Thanks!

My understanding is that those shirts brought to the BBQ were actual props from the movie.  Not THE shirts but back ups or extras that may not have been used.  Somewhere in this forum was posted a link to the shirtmakers that provided part of the wardrobe.  Alas, I can't remember what they were called but maybe if you google something like BBM shirts they'll pop up.  Good luck.
Hi fellas,

Important pieces of wardrobe on any production, would have to have identical back-up pieces, in case of damage.  These were those.  There is another photo of EDelMar and Dave in the "Weekend Gathering at Brokenback Mountain" thread in which they are wearing two other shirts, also 'seconds' from the film.  One is the shirt worn by Ennis in the "as long as I don't have to sing" scene with Alma Jr.  The other is the shirt worn by Jake when he returns to Aguirre's trailer "stem the rose scene".  Both shirts had been purchased on Ebay and are currently home where they belong with EDelMar.

-adrian
« Last Edit: August 30, 2006, 08:21:40 PM by adrian.delmar »

Offline jack

• Tough Old Bird
  • Obsessed
  • aloha y'all...
    • My Adventures In Paradise
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2006, 12:12:58 AM »
i think most or all of the shirts came from rockmount, which store maintains a website.

http://www.rockmount.com/

this company does shirts in runs, and styles will come and go.  unless they have decided to cash in, you may have to settle for similar rather identical shirts.  the shirts were also professionally tailored to fit the boys, so if you want the look, you will likely have to invest a bit extra.  they are a high quality product, so they are not cheap, but they have a long history of satisfied customers, and they intend to be around, as the family business they are, long after this attention has passed.

jack
"through Seneca Falls, and Selma, and Stonewall..."

Offline royandronnie

• Regards from my bit of the Mountain
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • They existed in our hearts, and always will.
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2006, 09:50:09 PM »
Thanks for the lead to Rockmount, Jack. I found a shirt made from the same material as Ennis', but the pocket is different, and it's a woman's shirt now. Still, as you said, in XL it would be close. But I think the denim one is a Wrangler--in some pictures you can clearly see a logo tag on the left pocket, and though I can't read it, I think it's Wrangler.
"…in the family homestead of his dead lover, the shirts they wore while cowboying together long before: shabby denim and weary cotton, wrapped in each other's arms." Like this. Always.

He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all

Offline gnash

• Obsessed
  • ʍous ƃuıɯoɔ ɟo lləɯs lɐʇəɯ əɥʇ
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2006, 08:47:28 AM »
i'm pretty sure the denim jean jacket ennis wears at one point, with the zig zag stitching along the front placket buttons, is from LEE western wear.

we saw a carhaart at a western wear shop in texas that was really close to ennis' jacket too.. the one with the corduroy collar.

i loved the rockmount website. an article there says the shirt ennis wears is style 6939.  couldn't find it tho.. i also like that the owner's name is "papa jack"  :D  ...an excerpt:

Jack A. Weil, founder of Rockmount Ranch Wear, sits in the back of a horse-drawn carriage Tuesday, during a celebration of his 105th birthday in downtown Denver.

Weil, who came to Denver in 1928, doesn't go to motion pictures anymore. So he hasn't seen Brokeback Mountain, the big-buzz movie of 2005 about a couple of Wyoming cowboys and their star-crossed love affair, starring Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal.

But the plaid shirt with diamond snaps and sawtooth pockets Ledger sports through much of the film? Rockmount style 69-39, for the record. The stonewashed blue denim favored by Gyllenhaal? Also from Rockmount.

"I guess we're survivors in this business," was all the birthday boy would say when the movie was mentioned.

perhaps the stonewashed denim shirt described in that article is the one jack wears when aguirre comes up to tell jack his uncle harold's in the hospital.

"Brokeback is about a lost paradise, an Eden."  – Ang Lee

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2006, 11:53:36 AM »

Jack A. Weil, founder of Rockmount Ranch Wear, sits in the back of a horse-drawn carriage Tuesday, during a celebration of his 105th birthday in downtown Denver.

Weil, who came to Denver in 1928, doesn't go to motion pictures anymore. So he hasn't seen Brokeback Mountain, the big-buzz movie of 2005 about a couple of Wyoming cowboys and their star-crossed love affair, starring Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal.

Steve Hartman did a piece about this guy on the CBS EVENING NEWS right after the shirts sold on eBay for over $100,000 and he told "Papa Jack" about it.  His reply was something to the effect that they paid way too much-lol!

Offline gnash

• Obsessed
  • ʍous ƃuıɯoɔ ɟo lləɯs lɐʇəɯ əɥʇ
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2006, 11:23:14 PM »

Steve Hartman did a piece about this guy on the CBS EVENING NEWS right after the shirts sold on eBay for over $100,000 and he told "Papa Jack" about it.  His reply was something to the effect that they paid way too much-lol!

steve hartman steve hartman! didn't rockmount raise their prices across the board after that interview?  ;D  ;)

actually -- i coudn't find one shirt from the movie on that site! not even lureen's horse shoe blouse... there goes my halloween plans.  >:(

"Brokeback is about a lost paradise, an Eden."  – Ang Lee

Offline MarkC

• Expert
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2006, 06:47:30 PM »
Hello,

I don't know if anyone here can help me out.
I purchased this signed poster a while ago, impusively, at the height of my obsession with BBM.
I believe that the signatures are not authentic.

What do you think?

thanks for your help,

MarkC