209 (44.3%)
The Book
45 (9.5%)
Equal
195 (41.3%)
Haven't seen/read both yet
23 (4.9%)

Total Members Voted: 433

Author Topic: Film vs. Book -- Which was better?  (Read 206933 times)

Offline Rosestem

• Feet Wet
Re: Film vs. Book -- Which was better?
« Reply #1005 on: December 17, 2018, 09:16:14 AM »
Pardon me if this has already been posted somewhere on the forum ...

I came across a version of the Brokeback movie/book debate on the podcast Book vs Movie - March 30, 2018. It's an enjoyable listen. Margo and Margo have not done the deep dive that many of us have, but still they call out some scenes we haven't discussed to death here, and they bring fresh, interesting perspectives.

Their verdict? You'll have to listen to find out!

Offline heavenonearth

• Loyal HEATHEN
  • Obsessed
  • A Star is Born 1979-2008
« Reply #1006 on: December 17, 2018, 11:34:06 AM »
Pardon me if this has already been posted somewhere on the forum ...

I came across a version of the Brokeback movie/book debate on the podcast Book vs Movie - March 30, 2018. It's an enjoyable listen. Margo and Margo have not done the deep dive that many of us have, but still they call out some scenes we haven't discussed to death here, and they bring fresh, interesting perspectives.

Their verdict? You'll have to listen to find out!

Thanks, Rosestem. Where can I find the link for this podcast? I found the link:

https://radiopublic.com/book-vs-movie-podcast-6vo5l8/ep/s1!ed603
I know a love that will never grow old.

Offline heavenonearth

• Loyal HEATHEN
  • Obsessed
  • A Star is Born 1979-2008
« Reply #1007 on: December 17, 2018, 12:47:17 PM »
It was a treat to listen to this podcast. A couple of times, I wanted to interrupt and say I did not agree...when they say that the reunion scene in the movie is sexual as oppose to more of an embrace in the book?? No! Stubble rasping, wet saliva welling...pressing chest and groin... Very sexual and passionate and desperate...

I completely agreed with their verdict. It's a tie between the story and the film. I would not want to do without either one. The story twists my heart in knots in a different way the movie does, but the movie gives me Heath and Jake on screen, and there is nothing more beautiful that those two in love, in my eyes. And especially since Heath is in spirit, BBM is a treasure, and a huge part of his legacy.

Thanks again, Rosestem! I so love to hear or watch anything BBM.
I know a love that will never grow old.

Offline B.W.

• Obsessed
« Reply #1008 on: January 11, 2019, 06:10:35 PM »
It was a treat to listen to this podcast. A couple of times, I wanted to interrupt and say I did not agree...when they say that the reunion scene in the movie is sexual as oppose to more of an embrace in the book?? No! Stubble rasping, wet saliva welling...pressing chest and groin... Very sexual and passionate and desperate...

I completely agreed with their verdict. It's a tie between the story and the film. I would not want to do without either one. The story twists my heart in knots in a different way the movie does, but the movie gives me Heath and Jake on screen, and there is nothing more beautiful that those two in love, in my eyes. And especially since Heath is in spirit, BBM is a treasure, and a huge part of his legacy.

Thanks again, Rosestem! I so love to hear or watch anything BBM.

So true in regards to the film "Brokeback Mountain" (2005) being a part of Heath Ledger's legacy.