The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: Most Anticipated Next Film  (Read 761423 times)

Offline Dave Cullen

• Author/Journalist
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • Founder, Editor
    • Columbine
Most Anticipated Next Film
« on: January 03, 2006, 11:27:13 PM »
What film do you most want to see next? Why?

---

Boxofficemojo has a release schedule for the next couple months--at any given time--here:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/schedule/?release=theatrical&view=bydate&p=.htm

then if you click on the bottom right, you can get more of the next month, and continue on month to month.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 11:46:43 AM by Dave Cullen »

Offline Dave Cullen

• Author/Journalist
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • Founder, Editor
    • Columbine
Re: Most Anticipated Next Film
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2006, 11:28:17 PM »
I'll start. Terrance Malick's The New World.

I have loved every one of his first three films, and the subject sounds intriguing.

And I think Colliin Farrell is incredibly under-rated. (And incredibly hot.)

Offline peteinportland

• Obsessed
Re: Your Most Anticipated Next Film
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2006, 02:58:49 AM »
Collin is hot, but I dread Malick. It is like cinematic torture for me. Can't wait for Miami Vice though (with Collin and Jamie and Michael Mann).

I am very interested to see Transamerica and Match Point.

Also, looking forward to Jake's new movie, The Zodiac Killer, with one of my favorite directors, David Fincher.

Offline jack

• Tough Old Bird
  • Obsessed
  • aloha y'all...
    • My Adventures In Paradise
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2006, 06:56:16 AM »
pete, in matters artistic we are brothers.  i can't wait to see transamerica, am seriously put off by malick, and i am really looking forward to seeing what jake does with another, more mature role.  i do not however share your enthusiasm for maimi vice, michael mann or no.  i am open to the possibility,  but past experience suggests this is likely to be a dog.  i will wait for your review.  i will CERTAINLY wait for the dvd.  and if i ever get to see farrell really doing something i care about, well, i will be delighted,

jack
« Last Edit: January 04, 2006, 07:14:22 AM by jack »
"through Seneca Falls, and Selma, and Stonewall..."

Offline canmark

• Obsessed
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2006, 12:27:45 PM »
I very much enjoyed Transamerica (which I first in September at the Toronto film festival), and hope others do, too.

I want to see The Dying Gaul (which hasn't opened here yet), Glory Road (a basketball film with Josh Lucas), Imagine Me & You (British lesbian rom-com, the trailer for which I saw at a BBM screening), The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada, Match Point, Cache (French film which I've heard is very good).

In the further future I'm looking forward to the new Almodovar film, Volver, with Penelope Cruz. And, as a pulp film, I'd like to see The DaVinci Code.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2006, 12:57:39 PM by canmark »
... yet he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream.

Offline Carissa

• Obsessed
  • Too young. too soon. too loved to be gone.
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2006, 01:36:11 PM »
I'm looking forward to seeing "Bobby", Emilio Estevez's star-packed account of RFK's assassination.  There are a lot of actors that I admire in it and I always admired RFK.  It looks interesting.
Give me my Romeo; and, when he shall die,
Take him and cut him out in little stars,
And he will make the face of heaven so fine
That all the world will be in love with night
And pay no worship to the garish sun.
- Romeo and Juliet (Juliet at III, ii)

jiml

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2006, 05:02:19 PM »
I hadn't heard of "Bobby" ... it sounds great, but Estevez is directing? Hmmm.

Looking forward to Scorsese's "The Departed with DiCaprio, Damon, Alec Baldwin, Martin Sheen, Nicholson, Wahlberg. I don't know much of anything about the plot, but that roster is quite appealling.

And please forgive me, but I'm really interested in whether they can pull off "DaVinci Code." Could be a lot of fun.

Offline peteinportland

• Obsessed
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2006, 07:45:14 AM »
The Libertine got such bad reviews. But, I like many movies reviewers don't like. At least you get to look at Johnny Depp!

Offline Nicole

• Experienced
  • bay mare
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2006, 07:56:00 PM »
Brokeback Mountain 2: Resurrection - Love Will Be Back...  ;)
Words that soak into your ears are whispered, not yelled.

cyoung

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2006, 08:00:07 PM »
Question??  Has anyone seen THE LIBERTINE with Johnny Depp???
I know he's no Jake, but he sure is gettin' better with age.  All kidding aside, the print ad for this film looks very interesting.

I adore Johnny Depp and am looking forward to this movie.

Cara

Offline maisie12

• Getting Acquainted
Hadrian
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2006, 01:08:42 PM »
I'm interested to see how and if Brokeback impacts the way the relationship between Hadrian and Antinous is handled in this film...Boorman is slated to direct, which could be okay. Hey, I loved Zardoz, and Deliverance certainly had some balls on it. But Antonio Banderas is slated to play Hadrian, which I'm not too certain about. He's been dreadful in many things I've seen him in, although to his credit he was great and convincing in his early Almodobar films (Matador, Tie me up, Tie me Down). So, I'm taking a wait and see attitude. I really feel that  the success of Brokeback COULD pave the way for a much more daring and honest depiction of the H/A relationship. Although, I am quite certain they'll make Antinous "legal". Can't see America being ready to handle the fact that Antinous was actually something like 13 or 14 when he became H's lover.

kumari

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2006, 06:07:05 PM »
Has anyone else heard anything about Spielberg doing Mary Poppins?
The trend in these remakes lately has been to take a black pencil and shade everything a little darker, and sometimes, closer to the original source text.
My husband makes me see all comic book movies (yes, I saw Electra, barf), and the X-Men series has not disappointed me.
I want to see the New World also, but I don't really care for Colin's work. I have not gotten over Alexander.

Offline Dave Cullen

• Author/Journalist
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • Founder, Editor
    • Columbine
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2006, 02:03:25 PM »
Has anyone else heard anything about Spielberg doing Mary Poppins?

No, but that's PERFECT for him!

Why didn't anyone think of this sooner?

Since he tries to make Mary Poppins every time anyway--nearly, even imbuing Saving Private Ryan with it--why not just get it over with and actually make the thing.

His signature film.

Offline Dave Cullen

• Author/Journalist
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • Founder, Editor
    • Columbine
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2006, 02:05:51 PM »
I want to see the New World also, but I don't really care for Colin's work. I have not gotten over Alexander.

I can't wait. Hoping the new edit is an improvement, too. Everyone seems to love this pic or hate it, which is pretty much the deal with Terrance. (And not all love. I didn't see Days of Heaven or Badlands raking in a bunch of oscar noms.)

I love Colin, too. Alexander was a disaster, but it was Stone's disaster. Colin's been great in everything else I've seen, incredible in A Home at the End of the World.

Offline Lola

• Membership_deactivated
  • Obsessed
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2006, 02:07:21 PM »

FUNGURL