The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: Most Anticipated Next Film  (Read 761403 times)

Offline Radha

• Experienced
Re: Your Most Anticipated Next Film
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2006, 01:25:05 PM »
Thanks to BBM , I'm looking forward to Zodiac. I love such stories, plus Robert Downey and Mark Ruff are really good actors.

Offline sparky

• Expert
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2006, 06:45:09 PM »
Also, looking forward to Jake's new movie, The Zodiac Killer, with one of my favorite directors, David Fincher.

A friend of mine on the set says that this shoot is utter chaos. Which doesn't always indicate a bad
product, but what I hear isn't good.

Offline Passion

• Cant have enough
  • Obsessed
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2006, 08:41:50 PM »
I would say The Da Vinci Code with Tom Hanks---great book and I wonder if the screenwriters will get it right!
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

Offline Lola

• Membership_deactivated
  • Obsessed
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2006, 10:11:04 AM »
I am dying to see the DaVinci Code as well!  Tom Hanks and Ron Howard are a good team.

How about this one:

The campy musical Hairspray is coming to the big screen for the second time – and John Travolta is on his way to Canada to make it.

Travolta will play Edna Turnblad, the cross-dressing role made famous on Broadway by Harvey Fierstein, and Billy Crystal will play Edna’s husband Wilbur. Queen Latifah will play Motormouth Maybelle.

Producers are still looking for someone to play the central character, chubby Tracy Turnblad. Justin Timberlake reportedly turned down an offer to star as heartthrob Link Larkin because he has a new CD coming out later this year.

Filming is set for Toronto – with some scenes scheduled to be shot in Baltimore – beginning in late spring or early summer.

Hairspray, budgeted at around $75 million (U.S.) is being produced for New Line by Craig Zadan, who made the Oscar-winning Chicago in Toronto four years ago.

The stage musical, set in the early ‘60s and starring former American Idol finalist Vanessa Olivarez, ran at Toronto’s Princess of Wales theatre for 33 weeks in 2004.

The Broadway show was based on John Waters’ 1988 movie, which starred Sonny Bono, Jerry Stiller and drag queen Divine.

FUNGURL

Offline Radha

• Experienced
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2006, 10:47:20 AM »
Actually the next 2 films that I want to see are perceived as Independant films...Aurora Borealis and Americano.
So, not sure if they will ever find a major theatrical release....
I love Joshua Jackson (From Dawson's creek). He is an incredibly talented actor(The Wes craven drivel - Cursed notwithstanding) ..He and Michelle were the only 2 good things about that show..

Offline Carissa

• Obsessed
  • Too young. too soon. too loved to be gone.
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2006, 09:00:13 PM »
Actually the next 2 films that I want to see are perceived as Independant films...Aurora Borealis and Americano.
I love Joshua Jackson (From Dawson's creek). He is an incredibly talented actor(The Wes craven drivel - Cursed notwithstanding) ..He and Michelle were the only 2 good things about that show..
I love Joshua Jackson too.  I was always a Pacey girl. ;)  Thanks for naming these two films.  I'm going to have to check them out.
Give me my Romeo; and, when he shall die,
Take him and cut him out in little stars,
And he will make the face of heaven so fine
That all the world will be in love with night
And pay no worship to the garish sun.
- Romeo and Juliet (Juliet at III, ii)

Offline mary

• Moderator Emerita
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Obsessed
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2006, 08:49:00 PM »
Zodiac is definitely in the list -mostly because I've heard so much about it (well, and Jake of course)

Also looking forward to:

Don't Come Knocking (Wim Wenders)

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (if nothing else to see Keith Richards play Johnny Depp’s dad)

All the Kings Men

Pink Panther

never enough time, never enough....

Some fictional characters are less fictional than others

Offline Radha

• Experienced
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2006, 12:15:35 PM »
I love Joshua Jackson too.  I was always a Pacey girl. ;)  Thanks for naming these two films.  I'm going to have to check them out.

Actually, Joshua Jackson will be back on Primetime TV. He is one of the leads for a CBS fall drama about Lawyers. According to Yahoo, Jackson will play a first-year associate whose career takes an unexpected turn when he is assigned the case of a death row inmate.

Just thought you might like to know :)

Offline Carissa

• Obsessed
  • Too young. too soon. too loved to be gone.
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2006, 10:11:36 PM »
Thanks Radha.  I didn't realize that he's also in the movie I picked as my most anticipated, Bobby. :)
Give me my Romeo; and, when he shall die,
Take him and cut him out in little stars,
And he will make the face of heaven so fine
That all the world will be in love with night
And pay no worship to the garish sun.
- Romeo and Juliet (Juliet at III, ii)

Offline Radha

• Experienced
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2006, 11:00:41 PM »
Thanks Radha.  I didn't realize that he's also in the movie I picked as my most anticipated, Bobby. :)

And he's starring in another one called "Meet the Devil"  which sounds like a supernatural thriller...Yeah "Bobby"  might be really good for him and hopefully get him the big name recognition that has eluded him so far.

Offline Anchy

• Feet Wet
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2006, 05:21:15 AM »
I can't wait to see

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

Da vinci's code

X-men 3
If you can't fix it you gotta stand it

Offline SquallCloud

• Austin and Jake Fan
  • Obsessed
  • We did the impossible, and that makes us mighty.
    • Bedroom Behavior: The Friction In Their Jeans (My Fic)
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2006, 01:22:26 PM »
"Stardust" ... When the hell is "Libertine" coming out. It was slated to have been out by now.

cyoung

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2006, 09:41:26 PM »
"Stardust" ... When the hell is "Libertine" coming out. It was slated to have been out by now.

I've been wondering the same thing about "The Libertine." Wonder what the holdup is. Maybe I'll slip on over to www.deppimpact.com and see if I can find out.  :)

Cara

cyoung

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2006, 09:42:14 PM »
The Libertine release date is now being announced as March 10.

Cara

Offline rickpouch

• Expert
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2006, 01:09:55 PM »
Zodiac w/ Jake; The Front Runner which is in development; The Billy Bean story which is in development for (either Showtime or HBO);
the Robert Kennedy movie; also another movie (name escapes me) about football (rugby) players w/ at least one player who comes out.....
othes too.

Rich (Chicago)