The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: Surviving Abuse - The Effects & Recovery  (Read 160786 times)

Offline Miaisland

• Lady of the midnight sun
  • Obsessed
  • Sending up a prayer of thanks
Re: Surviving Abuse - The Effects & Recovery
« Reply #660 on: October 24, 2010, 07:19:38 PM »
Oh (((((((((((((((((Sue)))))))))))))))

Thank you for coming here, for your so wise post. Thank you for talking here about your situation and about the importance of dealing with what has happened and not just shove it aside. Maybe it would have been different, for you and me both, if we had sought professional help sooner. But I am sure it isn't too late to do so... 

I am hoping that the counselor I am now seeing will be of help for me to move on. And to be better equipped to deal with similar processes if they appear again in life... And to be able to move on. I also think that talking openly here has been a good thing for me,

You too need - and deserve - real help to deal with what is happening to you now, both to deal with it practically, like contacts with the union and talks with collegues being treated like you, and also to deal with the emotional affects.

For me, as you know, I had our business all the time, and I knew that this project was limited in time. I think that that made it easier to get through the days and to find my ways to still do a good job and make myself as independent as possible from the boss and the bully collegue. It would have been very different if it was my steady job and not a project I think.

Thank you for your encouragement and your trust in me. It means a lot. As I'm sure that you know. I can't begin to express the importance of having a friend like you by the side while processing thoughts and emotions like these...  The talks we have had about these issues has been so importan, has meant so much for me.

No, I am not alone in experiencing this.

Neither are you.

Strength and love and hope for you

Let's keep talking!
“Ours is not the task of fixing the entire world at once, but of stretching out to mend the part of the world that is within our reach.” - Clarissa Pinkola Estés

Offline Miaisland

• Obsessed
« Reply #661 on: October 24, 2010, 07:25:38 PM »
Thank you ((((((((Sara and Sue)))))))

Since the boss got fired and left our municipality it has been such a big difference. I feel this is a big step towards moving on.

“Ours is not the task of fixing the entire world at once, but of stretching out to mend the part of the world that is within our reach.” - Clarissa Pinkola Estés

Offline jnov

• Obsessed
« Reply #662 on: December 25, 2010, 01:09:05 AM »
a happy holiday season to everyone here.  i hope this last year brought peace and joy to you all and the next year brings continued laughter and love.

love to you all,
beth

Offline jnov

• Obsessed
« Reply #663 on: January 05, 2011, 08:58:20 AM »
i just watched this amazing video (about 20 minutes long) and thought of everyone here.  this thread has been quiet for a while, hopefully that is a good sign, but i thought i'd link it here anyway just in case it is meaningful for anyone else here.

http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html?utm_source=newsletter_weekly_2011-01-04&utm_campaign=newsletter_weekly&utm_medium=email

Offline Sason

• The Proverbial Swenglish Axegirl
  • Obsessed
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #664 on: January 05, 2011, 10:14:36 AM »
^^^^^^^^^^^

That's a most inspiring and insightful lecture. Somehow it goes hand in hand with the BBM experience, I think.

Thanks for posting it Beth.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline jnov

• Obsessed
« Reply #665 on: January 05, 2011, 11:45:04 PM »
glad you liked it.   :)

Offline Miaisland

• Obsessed
« Reply #666 on: January 06, 2011, 02:36:05 AM »
i just watched this amazing video (about 20 minutes long) and thought of everyone here.  this thread has been quiet for a while, hopefully that is a good sign, but i thought i'd link it here anyway just in case it is meaningful for anyone else here.

http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html?utm_source=newsletter_weekly_2011-01-04&utm_campaign=newsletter_weekly&utm_medium=email

Oh (((Beth))))

The deepest meaning.... Already listened to it the second time. Thank you so much.  :-*

And let's hope the silence in here is a good sign. A sign of healing.

Offline jnov

• Obsessed
« Reply #667 on: January 06, 2011, 07:36:47 AM »
healing indeed!
a blessed year and joy to everyone. 

hugs to you mia.
 :)

Offline Miaisland

• Obsessed
« Reply #668 on: January 06, 2011, 08:16:50 AM »
Thank you dear Beth.

A blessed year and joy to you too.

And to everyone here. :)

Offline MaineGirl

• Lighthouse Lady
  • Obsessed
  • Be gentle with yourself...
« Reply #669 on: January 10, 2011, 09:38:47 PM »

Thank you ((((Beth))))

I just listened and will listen again.

"It is no accident that we all lie nestled together in the curves of the universe.  We are tugged by the forces of the celestial tides.  Time folds in on itself and outward again in gladness as we spin around, each of us an utter miracle in a sea of tiny white stars."  Jamien E. Morehouse

Offline MaineGirl

• Lighthouse Lady
  • Obsessed
  • Be gentle with yourself...
« Reply #670 on: January 10, 2011, 09:40:07 PM »
Oh (((Beth))))

The deepest meaning.... Already listened to it the second time. Thank you so much.  :-*

And let's hope the silence in here is a good sign. A sign of healing.

((((Mia)))))) 

Let's hope that the silence here is a sign of healing.

and to everyone here, healing and blessings in the new year.

"It is no accident that we all lie nestled together in the curves of the universe.  We are tugged by the forces of the celestial tides.  Time folds in on itself and outward again in gladness as we spin around, each of us an utter miracle in a sea of tiny white stars."  Jamien E. Morehouse

Offline lovelyamazing

• Gyllenigma
  • Obsessed
  • There are places we can't return
    • Harvey Meets Jack
« Reply #671 on: January 25, 2011, 08:32:05 PM »

Thank you Beth. I'm watching this now and I'll share it on Facebook. I know a lot of people would like it.
Happy 2011 to you and everyone here.
Hugs  :-*
"Once in a while
someone comes along
and changes everything
you believe about yourself"

Offline jnov

• Obsessed
« Reply #672 on: January 26, 2011, 01:01:37 AM »
i'm glad you liked it.  :)

Offline cfmedic12

• Getting Acquainted
« Reply #673 on: March 13, 2011, 11:07:57 PM »
I am wondering if anyone could help/make a suggestion or two. I am living in close quarters with a str8 male (four months). we're both soldiers. Last week we got drunk, i made a move and he turned away. He's angry with me. I have told I was sorry that I thought what I was doing was appropriate. He does not want to talk with me about it. what do I do? ask me any questions you want publicly or privately TY.

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #674 on: March 14, 2011, 06:44:58 PM »
Welcome to the forum, cf!

I was wonndering why you chose to ask this question in the Surviving Abuse etc. thread?

I don't know if you wrote enough about what happened for me to answer your question.
Are you an American soldier or in another country?  Even if the soldier in question says he is
straight, he might not be in the U.S. miitary.  You could still get kicked out otherwise, or at
least face some unwanted trouble.  I'd say if he doesn't want to talk about it, just let him
alone.  He may bring it up later to you.  Maybe you might talk to another confidant.  I don't
know your situation exactly.

The forum has a "New Members--Introduce Yourselves Here" thread.  You might post
there and a forum moderator might direct you to some threads where you could start up
a conversation about this.  They might know better than I where that would be appropriate.

There's a lot of U.S. members, but also members all over the world on every continent, so
keep posting!  Well, I guess we don't have any Antarctic members that I know of!

Welcome cf.