The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: LGBTQ related news and issues  (Read 606940 times)

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
Re: Is society really as accepting as it claims?
« Reply #3315 on: November 03, 2021, 11:33:36 AM »
^^^

Yes. There are a lot of Amazon ads on TV and I keep wondering, why do they need to advertise so much? It seems more like a PR campaign to have people think better of them. I'd think better of them if J. Bezos paid taxes.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
« Reply #3316 on: November 03, 2021, 03:46:40 PM »
^^^

Yes. There are a lot of Amazon ads on TV and I keep wondering, why do they need to advertise so much? It seems more like a PR campaign to have people think better of them. I'd think better of them if J. Bezos paid taxes.

Everybody is looking for help (even Dunkin' Donuts). Maybe they're trying to convince potential employees that it's not such a bad place to work.

Offline Flyboy

• A gentle word will calm the wrath...
  • Obsessed
« Reply #3317 on: November 03, 2021, 05:45:15 PM »
I finally saw that Amazon commercial with the gay guy who's studying to be a nurse? I rarely watch any shows that I haven't recorded, so I can skip all the commercials, but the other day I was watching my KC Chiefs with my HCBro at his facility, so I HAD to see the commercials!! haha.......he doesn't know how to record shows nor would he know about FF through commercials! It nearly drove me to distraction! More commerical time than playing time!! arrrggghhhhhh!!!  :P :laugh:

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• Obsessed
« Reply #3318 on: November 04, 2021, 11:41:02 AM »
More commerical time than playing time!! arrrggghhhhhh!!!  :P :laugh:

I hate any sport where five minutes of playing time can take half an hour of real time.

Offline fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2021, 05:21:05 PM by fritzkep »
Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • Official Diner "Recapper"!
« Reply #3321 on: November 06, 2021, 05:57:08 PM »
Very interesting story, Brian!  I'm glad he was able to live a productive life, and that he got a happy ending.

Offline lislis

• Expert
« Reply #3322 on: November 09, 2021, 01:56:15 AM »
https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/how-to-watch-lgbtq-themed-holiday-movies-and-series-on-hallmark-hulu-and-more/ar-BB1blPbI
^^^
After finally getting its chance to shine last holiday season, there is now no shortage of LGBTQ-inclusive films and series...

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
« Reply #3323 on: November 09, 2021, 03:52:28 AM »
Thanks for that list, lislis!  Promising progress!

Offline Sara B

• Obsessed
« Reply #3324 on: November 09, 2021, 05:42:52 AM »
Hope I can get some of those in the UK!

Offline lislis

• Expert
« Reply #3325 on: November 09, 2021, 03:35:17 PM »
In the Fall of 2014, I sent an email to COZI-TV (a reruns channel) to please show Miami Vice, in the Spring of 2015, they did.

In early 2019, I sent an email to Comet TV (a sci-fi reruns channel) to please show The Prisoner, in the summer of 2019, they did.

I suggest preparing an email form letter requesting (some of) these LGBTQ+ movies and send it to all of the companies operating Cable, OTA, Satellite and Streaming services.

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
« Reply #3326 on: November 10, 2021, 03:54:21 AM »
I hope you're successful!   I most likely will miss most of those films, as I don't have any streaming services.

I'm a cable dinosaur!  :laugh:

Offline fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #3327 on: November 10, 2021, 08:28:58 AM »
I'm noticing that in the press release from the manufacturer about the launching of the USNS Harvey Milk, they acknowledge his civil rights activism but not a word about that he was gay.

"The second of six ships honors Harvey Milk, human and civil rights activist who dedicated his life advocating for equality."

https://nassco.com/featured/general-dynamics-nassco-christens-and-launches-the-future-usns-harvey-milk-t-ao-206/

Still, it's nice to see the actual christening ceremony and launching at about 1:15:00.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcNevEJyOv4&t=7s

« Last Edit: November 10, 2021, 08:35:22 AM by fritzkep »
Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
« Reply #3328 on: November 10, 2021, 05:40:55 PM »
I'm noticing that in the press release from the manufacturer about the launching of the USNS Harvey Milk, they acknowledge his civil rights activism but not a word about that he was gay.

"The second of six ships honors Harvey Milk, human and civil rights activist who dedicated his life advocating for equality."

https://nassco.com/featured/general-dynamics-nassco-christens-and-launches-the-future-usns-harvey-milk-t-ao-206/

Still, it's nice to see the actual christening ceremony and launching at about 1:15:00.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcNevEJyOv4&t=7s

Isn't it common knowledge?  After the documentaries and the "Milk" movie starring Sean Penn, I would assume that most people know that.

Offline lislis

• Expert
« Reply #3329 on: November 10, 2021, 11:57:59 PM »
https://people.com/country/2021-cma-awards-tj-osborne-kisses-boyfriend-after-vocal-duo-win/
^^^
The moment was a milestone one for TJ, who publicly came out as gay in February.