The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: MTF? FTM? WTF? Everything you wanted to know about Transgender but were afraid  (Read 158573 times)

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • Official Diner "Recapper"!
Tomi Lahren, 'I Am Jazz' star discuss transgender rights

Jazz Jennings and conservative pundit Tomi Lahren come face-to-face to discuss transgender rights on the season finale of "I Am Jazz."  The 16-year-old transgender reality star aimed to change Lahren's opinions on transgender rights in a Fox News exclusive sneak peak of the hit TLC show.

She told Lahren of having to use the nurse's bathroom when she was in second grade.

"Even at that young age, I wondered why I was being treated differently," Jennings shared. "And in second grade I actually snuck into the girls bathroom and I got in trouble."

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/08/09/tomi-lahren-am-jazz-star-discuss-transgender-rights.html

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
Jackie Evancho and sister Juliet Evancho on life after Jackie's inauguration performance

Singing the national anthem at a president’s inauguration should have been a crowning career moment for 17-year-old opera singer Jackie Evancho.

But her decision to sing at President Donald Trump's inauguration put her career in jeopardy. In the six months since, Evancho said she is still dealing with the waves of criticism she faced for performing and acknowledged the backlash she received affected her fan base.

She said fans accused her of turning her back on family, pointing to the Trump’s administration’s stance on LGBTQ rights, because of Evancho’s 19-year-old transgender sister, Juliet.

“[The comments] got really mean … because I ‘chose President Trump over family’ supposedly,” Evancho said.  Seeing her sister Jackie go through all the hate mail, “broke my heart,” Juliet Evancho said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jackie-evancho-sister-juliet-evancho-life-jackies-trump/story?id=49114696

Offline B.W.

• Obsessed
Tomi Lahren, 'I Am Jazz' star discuss transgender rights

Jazz Jennings and conservative pundit Tomi Lahren come face-to-face to discuss transgender rights on the season finale of "I Am Jazz."  The 16-year-old transgender reality star aimed to change Lahren's opinions on transgender rights in a Fox News exclusive sneak peak of the hit TLC show.

She told Lahren of having to use the nurse's bathroom when she was in second grade.

"Even at that young age, I wondered why I was being treated differently," Jennings shared. "And in second grade I actually snuck into the girls bathroom and I got in trouble."

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/08/09/tomi-lahren-am-jazz-star-discuss-transgender-rights.html

I think that Jazz should've made arguments for why transgender people should have the same rights as cisgender people and let the viewers come to their own conclusions rather than trying to change her opponent's mind.

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
Most recent episodes of "I Am Jazz" show her now being attracted to one of her girlfriends, when in the past, she was always dating men.

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
There are promos now appearing for the new season of I Am Jazz, and it looks like she is going to have her surgery this season.

Offline Elisiv05

• Obsessed
  • "Per sidera iuro."
Paula Stone Williams, a transgender woman tells the difference between living as a woman and as a privileged white man. From TEDx Talks.

https://youtu.be/lrYx7HaUlMY
You know somebody name a Jack?

What If your Strangeness Is Actually Your Brilliance?

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
Black Trans Woman Killed in the Bronx

By Elliott Kozuch  July 28, 2020   

HRC is heartbroken to learn of the death of Dior H Ova, who some reports identiy as Tiffany Harris, a Black transgender woman killed in the Bronx, New York. Her death is believed to be the at least 24th violent death of a transgender or gender non-conforming person this year in the U.S. We say at least because too often these stories go unreported -- or misreported. Since HRC began tracking this data in 2013, advocates have never seen such a high number at this point in the year. Unfortunately, HRC has already learned of a 25th death, that of Queasha D Hardy, a Black transgender woman killed in Baton Rouge.

In continued efforts to ensure victims of this epidemic of violence receive dignity in death, we will provide updates to this page as more information is confirmed concerning Ova’s identity.

“Who else? Who else has to die before this country stands up and demands that we put an end to this epidemic of violence against transgender and gender non-conforming people, and especially Black trans women like Dior Ova,” said HRC Director of Community Engagement for the Transgender Justice Initiative Tori Cooper. “We are experiencing an epidemic of violence against transgender and gender non-conforming people like we have never seen before. Every single one of the at least 25 victims, including Ova, is a human being who had their lives stolen from them because of a mix of toxic masculinity, misogyny, racism and transphobia. As we mourn the loss of yet another Black transgender woman, we must continue to call for it to end.”

hrc.org/blog/hrc-mourns-dior-h-ova-black-trans-woman-killed-in-the-bronx

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
Murdered, Suffocated And Burned Alive: 350 Transgender People Killed In 2020

Jamie Wareham

350 transgender people were killed this year (2020), in a figure that has risen since last year’s total of 331.

The annual list, released for Transgender Day of Remembrance, found the average age of those killed was 31, with the youngest just 15.

A fifth (22%) of the transgender people murdered were killed inside their own house.

The majority of the murders happened in Central and South America, totalling 287. Like last year, the most deaths in a single country happened in Brazil, totalling 43% of global deaths (152 people).

Mexico was next with 57, while the United States sits in this report at 28. However the Human Rights Campaign, who compile a separate list for the US have totalled 34 this year, so far.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamiewareham/2020/11/11/350-transgender-people-have-been-murdered-in-2020-transgender-day-of-remembrance-list/?fbclid=IwAR0egcjacX6R5nmSWSfaYRXC8Awr7xAdUxa-yjKs-rZgq4tMeMf9GejeYZA&sh=214d6ecb65a6

Offline frokes

• Obsessed
Today actor E. Page came out as transgender. Here is his Instagram post about it: https://www.instagram.com/p/CIQ1QFBhNFg/

The statement starts by stating "Hi friends. I want to share with you that I am trans, my pronouns are he/they and my name is Elliot."
“An affair with the G train,” he smirked into the floor, his eyes filling with tears. - The Bellwether

"Jack felt D hard beneath his hand. He leaned his forehead against D’s again. “You feel it,” he whispered, barely breathed, not really a question." - Zero at the Bone

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
Thanks for the link, Frokes!  Good for them!

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
Arkansas' Republican governor vetoes anti-trans health care bill

By Devan Cole - April 5, 2021

Arkansas' Republican governor on Monday vetoed an anti-transgender health care bill that would've prohibited physicians in the state from providing gender-affirming "procedures" for trans people under age 18.

Gov. Asa Hutchinson told reporters that he killed HB 1570 because the bill "would be and is a vast government overreach" and because it would've created "new standards of legislative interference with physicians and parents as they deal with some of the most complex and sensitive matters involving young people."

The governor called the legislation "a product of the cultural war in America," adding that his veto comes even though he believed the bill was "well-intended."

The bill, called the Arkansas Save Adolescents from Experimentation (SAFE) Act, passed the state Senate late last month by a vote of 28-7. The state House passed it in early March by a vote of 70-22.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/05/politics/asa-hutchinson-arkansas-transgender-health-care-veto/index.html

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed

That's a surprise. And the Gov.'s response sounds well-reasoned instead of reactionary. For a change.

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
Quinn (formerly Rebecca Quinn; born 11 August 1995) is a Canadian professional soccer player and the first open transgender athlete to win a medal (gold) at the Olympics.