The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: BrokeBook Fever -- Spreading the word on our book: news, brainstorming, etc.  (Read 422403 times)

Offline BayCityJohn

• Forum Hero
  • Tech Support
  • Obsessed
City and Out West 2011 present Beyond Brokeback: A Staged Reading with Music

The City through its Arts & Cultural Affairs Commission, Lesbian and Gay Advisory Board and Out West 2011 will present an expanded version of Beyond Brokeback: A Staged Reading with Music with a staged reading of messages, essays, poetry, and music inspired by the landmark film Brokeback Mountain as part of the City of West Hollywood’s annual One City/One Pride Culture Series. The event which will be held on Saturday, June 25, 2011 at 7 p.m. in Fiesta Hall at Plummer Park, 7377 Santa Monica Boulevard is free. The public is welcome, and reservations are not required. For more information visit www.weho.org/pride 

Beyond Brokeback: A Staged Reading with Music was first developed and performed at the Autry National Center last December as part of its acclaimed “Out West at the Autry” series and in commemoration of the 5th Anniversary of Brokeback Mountain. Beyond Brokeback: A Staged Reading with Music was most recently performed by the Theatre and Dance Department of the University of Wyoming in Laramie for the Shepard Symposium on Social Justice in April and is scheduled to be presented by Chicago’s Roosevelt University in its 3,700 seat historic Auditorium Theatre on Sunday, November 13, 2011 directed by David Zak. Dates with other national venues are currently in negotiation.

http://www.weho.org//index.aspx?page=23&recordid=840

Offline Britney

• Feet Wet

Offline desertrat

• Sunflower
  • Obsessed
  • No angel ;-)
^ Like. A Lot. :-)
Minds are like parachutes... they both work better when opened.

Offline Sason

• The Proverbial Swenglish Axegirl
  • Obsessed
  • Bork bork bork
Wish I could be there to see it.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
Wish you could too, Sonja.
I will be there and you will be with me in spirit. :-*
"Life can only be understood backwards. Unfortunately, it must be lived forward."
... Kierkegaard

Offline Sason

• Obsessed
  • Bork bork bork
It sounds like a fabulous event. Glad you're going Linda.  :-*

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
ME TOOO! Really looking forward to it!!
"Life can only be understood backwards. Unfortunately, it must be lived forward."
... Kierkegaard

Online CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • Official Diner "Recapper"!
I'm buying my tickets on Friday, when I get paid.

Is there a list of who is attending at all?

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
No not yet, but I was thinking of starting a thread about it.

I am, John, you, Debbie, Fritz, Nellie, (I believe), maybe Trish.
... Kierkegaard

Online CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
Unless something has changed, Nellie said she wants to be there, at least for parts of it.

I know two other people who said they want to come, but it's not definite yet.

Offline Sason

• Obsessed
  • Bork bork bork
I looked into flight tickets today, but they're way too much.   >:( :( :-\

Offline B.W.

• Obsessed
I have never read your guys' book.  It sounds awesome though.  I don't think I have ever really heard of a book written by multiple  persons who were touched by a hugely popular film before.  It's interesting that BBM inspired that kind of reaction for you all. How did critics react to your book.  I hope some of them enjoyed it at least.

Online CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
Reviews on sites like Amazon seemed to be pretty positive.  You can order the book through there.  In fact, if you scroll down to the very bottom of the page, you'll see a bunch of links with Jack & Ennis' image.  One reads "The Ultimate Amazon Collection" and that will take you to our Amazon store.  If you order anything there through that link, the forum gets some proceeds.

Offline B.W.

• Obsessed
Reviews on sites like Amazon seemed to be pretty positive.  You can order the book through there.  In fact, if you scroll down to the very bottom of the page, you'll see a bunch of links with Jack & Ennis' image.  One reads "The Ultimate Amazon Collection" and that will take you to our Amazon store.  If you order anything there through that link, the forum gets some proceeds.

Thanks, maybe I will someday.