The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Poll

What is said in the tent on the second night?

Ennis says nothing and Jack says "It's alright."
306 (45.7%)
Ennis says "I'm sorry," and Jack says "It's alright."
206 (30.7%)
Ennis says nothing, and Jack says "I'm sorry" and "It's alright."
86 (12.8%)
I'm not sure.
31 (4.6%)
I don't care. Please make this topic go away!
41 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 618

Author Topic: Second Night in the Tent  (Read 643275 times)

Offline rmperalta

• Feet Wet
Re: Second Night in the Tent
« Reply #3915 on: May 22, 2021, 09:04:18 AM »
It's so long ago now... But I'm fairly sure that SNIT was central to my succumbing to Brokeback Fever. The virus perhaps? :)  And much as I usually like faithfulness to an original, the film has a life of its own and has moved and influenced thousands of people - well probably millions? - worldwide, and I would think that SNIT may well be at the core of this. It showed  the tenderness that can exist between men that many people had not given thought to before.

So well-put, yes! And it shows the transition from lust to love, from "drunk and didn't know what I was doing" to "I choose you, I choose this." And I keep seeing SNIT in my head when I listen to the entirety of "A Love That Will Never Grow Old."

Offline CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • twiddle your spaghetti
Re: Second Night in the Tent
« Reply #3916 on: July 18, 2021, 09:17:08 PM »
So well-put, yes! And it shows the transition from lust to love, from "drunk and didn't know what I was doing" to "I choose you, I choose this." And I keep seeing SNIT in my head when I listen to the entirety of "A Love That Will Never Grow Old."

I just had to come here and tell you that I really like what you said, that I bolded above.