The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: Let's Get Serious About Heath  (Read 748188 times)

Offline Ruby

• Honorary Scandinavian
  • Obsessed
  • and here we.....go
Re: Let's Get Serious About Heath
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2007, 10:06:11 AM »
Ruby you can watch that on this edited vid. if you don't mind listen to  U2 music with. It's  an AMAZING STUNT by Heath!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAc_ic-CRsk

That is impressive.  Thanks for the link, pickle.   :) :)
                'shimmering golden silk threaded with starlight' (Shades of Grey by Midwest Girl)

Offline pickle

• Obsessed
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2007, 10:06:45 AM »
Sorry to interrupt but didn't Hasuo means that the stunt action where Heath goes back to the horse while it's running during the fight scene?

This is really amazing!

(Haven't seen Four Feathers)

Oh, Katie, you should! you can enjyoy watching all kind of different type of Heath in one film (Heath as a Oxbridge posh rugby player, then English Soldier, well I should stop here for his fate it's gonna spoil the story!) although the film itself was not as great as Elizabeth (same director) could have been considering the story (based on a novel) was so epic, but somehow it didn't work. 
"I lived in the Twilight world for about four years. That's a very long time that demands a lot of patience on your part.
"Thank God, I had the opportunity to do smaller movies like The Runaways, Welcome to the Rileys and On the Road in between. Otherwise I'd probably have turned mad."
 Kristen Stewart

Offline carbyville

• Obsessed
    • My Livejournal
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2007, 10:08:20 AM »
Well this looks like it will be an interesting thread. Hmm, Heath's cooking skills.. that is something to think about.
Forever more at whatever cost...

Offline Tammy

• Banned
  • Obsessed
  • Go ahead, make my day...
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2007, 10:13:40 AM »
Hey!  I've seen bits and pieces of A Knight's Tale but never the entire film.  I think I need to do something about that!

I have Candy here, but have been waiting for a good time to see it.  I've been so busy.

So here's a question.  What kind of film would you like to see Heath do after Batman?

Offline carbyville

• Obsessed
    • My Livejournal
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2007, 10:22:58 AM »
So here's a question.  What kind of film would you like to see Heath do after Batman?

Good question. I'm not really sure. I am in the frame of mind, that as long as Heath is in it, I'll go see it and it'll be good. In general, my favorite kind of movies are strange /freaky/confusing ones. Think Donnie Darko. That kind of thing. I'm not too picky, though. I used to say "As long as it isn't Batman," but that got blown to hell, and thankfully I am looking forward to seeing Heath as The Joker, now.

Offline Tammy

• Banned
  • Obsessed
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2007, 10:56:31 AM »
Isn't it great when a movie surprises the heck out of you?  I was sure I was going to hate the Lord of the Rings films. I went reluctantly to the first one and was literally on the edge of my seat, in awe!  I guess you never know.

I would like to see Heath do something edgy as well.  I'm not sure what I mean by that.  He's so damn talented!

Offline carbyville

• Obsessed
    • My Livejournal
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2007, 11:07:35 AM »
I would like to see Heath do something edgy as well.  I'm not sure what I mean by that.  He's so damn talented!

I hear ya. I don't really have any type of idea in what I'd like to see him in, I really don't have an idea of what I would NOT like to see him in, I just want to see him  :D

Offline Tammy

• Banned
  • Obsessed
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2007, 11:10:05 AM »
Exactly!

It's tough.  He's not an everyman.  He really is unique.  Then again, if you had asked me a few years ago if I could imagine him playing a repressed gay cowboy, I would have wondered... :)

How about Heath and Jake as the only two survivors of a plane crash- stuck on a deserted island.  First, they fight for survival.  Then, they fight their growing feelings for each other (and give up that fight).  Think Castaway meets that Brooke Shields film.  I'm digging it!

Offline carbyville

• Obsessed
    • My Livejournal
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2007, 11:20:35 AM »
Exactly!

It's tough.  He's not an everyman.  He really is unique.  Then again, if you had asked me a few years ago if I could imagine him playing a repressed gay cowboy, I would have wondered... :)

How about Heath and Jake as the only two survivors of a plane crash- stuck on a deserted island.  First, they fight for survival.  Then, they fight their growing feelings for each other (and give up that fight).  Think Castaway meets that Brooke Shields film.  I'm digging it!

LOL, I like it! Then again, I'd like Heath and Jake sitting at a table eating cheese for two hours.

Heath to me seems like the type that can pull off any role, but he needs to be given the chance to prove himself. The Joker is the best example. I would have NEVER in a million years thought of Heath for that role, and now, I am so stoked that he did it and am so excited to see the movie, I have totally forgotten that I was at one point not too thrilled with it.

I've been a Heath fan since I was about 15 years old. I couldn't even remember his name early on, it was always "Hey, is that that hot guy that I love?!" It has been very interesting over the past 8 years to see how he's transformed and grown as an actor and how he disappears into the characters he plays regardless of how good or bad the movie is.

Offline Tammy

• Banned
  • Obsessed
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2007, 11:23:40 AM »
I'll watch the cheese eating film with you.  I'll bring the popcorn.  Or maybe we should snack on cheese as well?

So cool that you've been a fan for such a long time.  I knew Heath as that hot Australian actor before BBM.  I hope this isn't blasphemous, but he made some bad choices I think for awhile and I sortive lost my interest.  I'm not sure if the movies weren't promoted right, or they weren't right for him, etc.  Monster's Ball drew my attention again, that's for sure.  Then BBM came and.......

I agree about the Joker.  I can't imagine him doing it, yet I can't imagine anyone else.  It's going to be so amazing.

I would like to see Heath play another really complex character.  He knows how to play such a range of emotions in a decidely subtle way.  He wows me.

Offline Lola

• Membership_deactivated
  • Obsessed
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2007, 11:30:27 AM »
I could totally see him in uniform   :o maybe as a marine, or navy man.  Think Officer and a Gentleman. 

I put off seeing Jarhead because again I really did not expect to like it.  But I did like it and I was blown away with Jake's performance.

I could see Heath in a part like that.  Maybe a vietman film or even World War II, he has an old movie star look about him.

Of course it would have to be a war film where he lives, he can't be killed.

FUNGURL

Offline Katiebre

• No surrender
  • Obsessed
  • Und was wie ewig schien, ist schon Vergangenheit.
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2007, 11:33:40 AM »
I never heard of him before I saw BBM in March of this year.

I was not only impressed with the film as such, but also, particularly, with his performance.
So I started finding out about this guy - and the rest is history  ::)

From reading about the films I felt that I didn't want to watch any of them, they all sounded so much like the kind of films I would never go for.
Then Candy came along and I thought, OK, that's a film that's going to be interesting as a film, too. Rented it, liked it.

Then I came to this forum, stumbled onto Planet Heath and was done for....  ;D
Now I'm slowly working my way through his films, still somewhat uncomfortable with some.

Next was 10 Things, which I really enjoyed because of its lightness. And as I said, I was surprised to see some Ennis-like facial expressions in Patrick.

Next Casanova, funny and delightful again - I bought the DVD a few days later...

Then Ned Kelly and Sin Eater were shown on TV. (Also Monster's Ball but I made a mistake in programming the video so I never saw it )

And then The Patriot.

I would like to see Monster's Ball (because his performance there got him shortlisted for the role of Ennis), Four Feathers and a Knight's Tale. Maybe also Lords of Dogtown.

I'm not at all keen on seeing Brother's Grimm.
Is this really living, sometimes it's hard to tell
Or is this just a kinder, gentler hell

One of these mornings you're gonna rise, rise and sing, you're gonna spread your wings and take to the sky...

Offline carbyville

• Obsessed
    • My Livejournal
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2007, 11:39:26 AM »
I wouldn't say it is blasphemous, at all. If it has been anybody but Heath, I would have done the same, so I guess that makes me biased. The depth of my bias goes a long way. I used to watch Ten Things I Hate About You every day after school; had the VHS tape and I'd hide in my room for a few hours but never ever tell anybody I owned or even liked a silly teen flick, so I used to hide it. I still have it, box all dilapidated and with permanent tracking marks when played, but it is out on the open now, right next to my DVD copy of it. I'm not too concerned with "losing major cool points" anymore :D

Back to Heath, though. I haven't really heard much on any future films beyond Batman. I heard something a few months ago about him possibly playing Satan in Paradise Lost, but I have no idea how true that was. Might be interesting if it was true and he ends up getting cast. I just haven't heard anything about it in months.  ???

Offline Tammy

• Banned
  • Obsessed
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2007, 11:52:19 AM »
I wouldn't say it is blasphemous, at all. If it has been anybody but Heath, I would have done the same, so I guess that makes me biased. The depth of my bias goes a long way. I used to watch Ten Things I Hate About You every day after school; had the VHS tape and I'd hide in my room for a few hours but never ever tell anybody I owned or even liked a silly teen flick, so I used to hide it. I still have it, box all dilapidated and with permanent tracking marks when played, but it is out on the open now, right next to my DVD copy of it. I'm not too concerned with "losing major cool points" anymore :D

Back to Heath, though. I haven't really heard much on any future films beyond Batman. I heard something a few months ago about him possibly playing Satan in Paradise Lost, but I have no idea how true that was. Might be interesting if it was true and he ends up getting cast. I just haven't heard anything about it in months.  ???

That 10 Things I Hate story is so cute!!  Awwwwwww...........

Satan in Paradise Lost - now THAT sounds interesting.

Lola - love the uniform idea as well.  I can definitely picture it.

Hey Katiebre! I've had The Brother's Grimm for the past year and a half and just can't get up the interest to see it, so I'm with you there.  Monster's Ball isn't for everyone, lots of differing opinions, but I thought it was brilliant.  But that's just me...

Offline Katiebre

• No surrender
  • Obsessed
  • Und was wie ewig schien, ist schon Vergangenheit.
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2007, 11:57:58 AM »

Hmmm.

I wouldn't mind some more romance to relish  ::)

But I think the role of someone fighting his internal fears would suit him.

After I read that he was going to play in "Dirt Music" (which now apparently he isn't) I bought the book and am currently reading it. I could imagine him extremely well in the role of Luther Fox. Pity he isn't doing it.
Is this really living, sometimes it's hard to tell
Or is this just a kinder, gentler hell

One of these mornings you're gonna rise, rise and sing, you're gonna spread your wings and take to the sky...