The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: Awards Aftermath - Part 2  (Read 280864 times)

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
Re: Awards Aftermath - Part 2
« Reply #1665 on: July 28, 2019, 11:19:21 AM »

That is so true. It would probably take our thoughts to hating "them" and not to the sorrow and angst we do feel that it happened to "Jack," and that this type of thing was/is out there for others like him.

Offline gattaca

• Obsessed
  • How do you hide when you are running from yourself
« Reply #1666 on: July 28, 2019, 01:51:34 PM »
Precisely.  Lee knew how to kick us in nads with the "thoughts" paging thru Ennis's head while keeping us SO focused on was important - what Ennis was thinking and feeling at that very moment.  V

Offline B.W.

• Obsessed
« Reply #1667 on: August 12, 2019, 05:22:35 PM »
https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/jake-gyllenhaal-heath-ledger-brokeback-mountain-gay-jokes-a9021806.html

"Gyllenhaal also revealed the impact the role had on his career, revealing: “It opened tons of doors. It was crazy. It was amazing. It’s defined my career in different ways.”

But he also spoke of the film’s legacy having a far greater purpose than his own career, adding that he quickly realised that “[the film] is bigger than me… It has become not ours anymore. It’s the world’s.”

Jake's words are so true.  I definitely think that "Brokeback Mountain" helped open doorways for his acting career, something I'm sure he'll always be grateful for.