The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: "Jackie's Friends"  (Read 440284 times)

Offline chandra

• Obsessed
Re: "Jackie's Friends"
« Reply #105 on: January 22, 2008, 10:05:21 AM »
Oh Jackie. How special a friend you have been to me and to all us.

I met Jackie in Chicago and was lucky enough to spend a special day bonding with her, Maggie and Terry. I learned that day what a rare and wonderful person was among us. She shared her story and her growth and her fears and opened up her heart to strangers. I will never forget the moving moment when she presented Maggie with a special book of poetry that she had inscribed and picked out just for her. We all cried. We watched the BBM trailer on the hotel TV and cried more.

Jackie invited me to her home and made me feel welcome. She kept in touch way better than I. We exchanged phone calls and shared so much. We watched BBM in Bay City holding hands and crying and moving on together. I will treasure all those moments.

I love you Jackie. More than words can possibly say.

Jenny

Offline KittyHawk

• Senior Advisor
  • Obsessed
« Reply #106 on: January 22, 2008, 10:17:13 AM »
Nellie has posted the recent email message from Jackie's daughter.

Offline Dave Cullen

• Author/Journalist
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • Founder, Editor
    • Columbine
« Reply #107 on: January 22, 2008, 10:34:42 AM »
Thanks for the link to the email. Nellie, I think it would be useful for people to have it here, too, and to make this the central place for people to turn to for information as it develops.

If you could repost it here, that would be great. (Leave it in the other thread as well.) And whenever you get news, post it here.

We know that everyone is concerned and most of us are torn between dreading news but needing it. I think the best way to help everyone is by updating the first post of this thread with links to major developments. Once Nellie reposts the email, a mod will add a link to that in the first post, and we'll add future links when big things happen.

Thanks.

Offline Osprey

• Obsessed
« Reply #108 on: January 22, 2008, 10:37:21 AM »
I just want to say that I take my hat off to our Jackie for a life well lived and a heart well spent.  I am grateful that she is out of it mentally.  While it makes it hard for those who love her, it makes it easier on her.  I hope that they med her to where she has no idea what is going on and that she passes into the arms of God easily, sweetly, as lightly and softly as a feather.  We have lost so much.

Offline CactusGal

• Resigned.
  • Expert
  • Sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it
« Reply #109 on: January 22, 2008, 10:41:16 AM »

Right from the start, Jackie has been the unofficial, one-person welcoming club to the Forum.  I suspect a lot of members would not have stuck around if it wasn’t for her encouragement, support and love.  When Jackie talks to you, she has the knack of making you feel you are the most important person to her.  Life hasn’t always been easy for her, but typical Jackie, her focus was on you – not on her.   

As a lot of you, I, too, met Jackie for the first time at the Texas BBQ although we had talked on the phone some before that.  The first day I was there, she and I volunteered to pick up Connie from the airport.  I no longer remember if we were just early or Connie’s plane was late, but we ended up with quite a long wait at the airport which gave us the opportunity to get to know one another.  We found that we had some similarity in our lives, were of similar ages and that bonded us immediately.  From then on, we talked regularly on the phone and we always felt that we had a connection.

I think in the Forum, Jackie found her home and for that I am very glad for her.  It has given her the opportunity to show her love and to receive that love and devotion back. This thread is the tribute she deserves and would be so proud of it – I only wish she could enjoy it.      Jan

Offline ingmarnicebbmt

• THE MAKER MAKES
  • Obsessed
  • FOR HEAVEN's JAKE ! Jakeing off at Jakea.
« Reply #110 on: January 22, 2008, 10:43:57 AM »

Heartbreakingly beautiful posts, ladies, and said with so much love and incredible tenderness.

Merci.  :-*  :'(

WISE UP

IngKräddiBöll & Ingmariposa & Ingelspringel & Ingicito & Ingalicious & IngWriter & Annbilivöbäll WORD WIZARD

sausage-on-a-roll-poster & charkuterimästare

And maybe, he thought, they'd never got much farther than that.

Offline conny

• seagirl
  • Obsessed
    • forthejoyoflife
« Reply #111 on: January 22, 2008, 10:48:23 AM »
Jan, my plane was late  ;) and am glad for that now!!

i had another spine nerve block today and had to check out if it worked well, so i went to the beach afterwards.
i haven`t been taken any pics lately(due to  several reasons) but today i took my cam with me and have been strawling at the beach and sitting at a dune top, thinking of all the sweet memories i have with jackie
for you sweetie  :-*

"we are one,but we are not the same"   U2

Offline DeTina

• Feet Wet
« Reply #112 on: January 22, 2008, 10:49:14 AM »
When Jackie first discovered I was local--living in her area--she called me so fast! I remember our first conversation--I had to pinch myself I was so happy to hear from her. We got together a couple of times with our other local Brokies and had a really good time. Her hugs were like getting temporarily lifted from the planet and planted in a warm soft cloud. We went on with our own busy lives and I haven't seen her in a long time, but I always knew she was there for me--another local lovely Brokie. So I was so sad when I read today that she is gravely ill. My thoughts and prayers are with her wonderful family, of which she spoke so lovingly, and dear friends.
DeTina

Offline dahlia

• lonewolf
  • Obsessed
  • Oändligt är vårt stora äventyr
« Reply #113 on: January 22, 2008, 10:51:25 AM »
We are a family aren't we? You said it all for me. I can't find any words now. Hugs, and love, to all of you.

Online CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • Official Diner "Recapper"!
« Reply #114 on: January 22, 2008, 10:52:37 AM »
Oh Jackie. How special a friend you have been to me and to all us.

I met Jackie in Chicago and was lucky enough to spend a special day bonding with her, Maggie and Terry. I learned that day what a rare and wonderful person was among us. She shared her story and her growth and her fears and opened up her heart to strangers. I will never forget the moving moment when she presented Maggie with a special book of poetry that she had inscribed and picked out just for her. We all cried. We watched the BBM trailer on the hotel TV and cried more.

Jackie invited me to her home and made me feel welcome. She kept in touch way better than I. We exchanged phone calls and shared so much. We watched BBM in Bay City holding hands and crying and moving on together. I will treasure all those moments.

I love you Jackie. More than words can possibly say.

Jenny

Offline CactusGal

• Resigned.
  • Expert
  • Sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it
« Reply #115 on: January 22, 2008, 11:04:39 AM »
Jan, my plane was late  ;) and am glad for that now!!

Conny - It's funny how some things need perspective to be appreciated.  You are right, I'm glad your plane was late -- I'm not sure I would have had the opportunity to talk so long with Jackie just by ourselves otherwise   - as I'm sure you remember, Linda's place was already a zoo by the time you arrived and one-on-one conversations hard to come by.

Also, Jackie and I had fun waiting to meet you and trying to spot you - and it was an enjoyable ride back to Linda's -- getting to know each other.  I still remember with the fondness the next day that you and I and John spent together shopping.   These are moments in time that we can cherish. 

Jackie would be please that this thread is bringing back friends who haven't talked in a while.  Take care my friend and keep in touch.   Hugs!   Jan

Offline garyd

• Obsessed
« Reply #116 on: January 22, 2008, 11:06:07 AM »
I have not been fortunate enough to meet Jackie in person
but, of course like so many others here, feel that she is a friend
due to her gregarious on-line personality combined with a sense of
absolute sincerity, grace, and largess. 
Her "welcome to the greatest place on earth" always gives me a  smile and
a sense of warmth and sincere acceptance.

At a time when the world needs all the Jackie's we can find,
it is all the more difficult to say goodbye and god's speed.

Offline brokebacktom

• Obsessed
« Reply #117 on: January 22, 2008, 11:07:49 AM »
I just found out. My heart is very sad. She was the warmest person I have ever met. I'm at work right now, a new job. Its sad she and Nellie were the reason in taking this New job. I hated my other one. Jackie always told me to do things that would make me happy. So, I did.

The new job is walking distance from my Condo, so I am saving a lot in gas money. It does pay less, but the stress level is far less than the other job. It does allow me to come on this site to communicate with others and post more. More Free time.

Love, Tom

PS. you will always have a special place in my heart.

Offline Monica LoveEmBoys

• Slash Fan
  • Obsessed
  • Love them
« Reply #118 on: January 22, 2008, 11:19:13 AM »
Jackie would be please that this thread is bringing back friends who haven't talked in a while. 

So very true.

Offline Bubo

• The Can Opener
  • Obsessed
  • Discombobubobulated
« Reply #119 on: January 22, 2008, 11:29:54 AM »

After I posted a few pictures in Fan Fair of the jazz trumpeter Chet Baker a while back, Jackie excitedly wrote me a PM saying how she loved him and even had the original print of Chet and his friend Lily, signed by the photographer, hanging in her home.

We exchanged a few PMs after that, her envious of me having seen Bruce Weber's documentary on Baker, and me terribly jealous of her owning the signed original photograph. :) :-*