The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: "Jackie's Friends"  (Read 440291 times)

Offline Bubo

• The Can Opener
  • Obsessed
  • Discombobubobulated
Re: "Jackie's Friends"
« Reply #135 on: January 22, 2008, 12:32:21 PM »
it was the cutie wrangler who she readily acccepted help from, with quite the big smile on her face!
She gave him a "thank you" hug, and her smile got even bigger!

Eric and I became part of your "harem"

she was thrilled to not only get a picture with Gale Harold, star of QaF, but that she
"actually got to place her hand on his shoulder!!"

I love all of these -- Jackie sure appreciated the men! :D ;) :-*

Offline Oregondoggie

• Expert
« Reply #136 on: January 22, 2008, 12:33:24 PM »

Jackie,

Your heart is bigger than Noah's Ark.
Room for all of us, two by two, OR NOT.
Ride out this storm, Gal!

With huge affection,

Larry

Offline CANSTANDIT

• Obsessed
  • Special Brokeback Victims Unit
« Reply #137 on: January 22, 2008, 12:43:36 PM »
I think I'm still a bit in shock over this news....

All I can say at this time is, Jackie is one of those extraordinary people you meet a few times at the most in your life. I pray for a miracle.

Love ya Jackie,
 Jo

Offline Jaysmommy

• Brokeback Songstress
  • Obsessed
« Reply #138 on: January 22, 2008, 12:44:46 PM »

I love you Jackie. More than words can possibly say.

Jenny

Jenny, our Jackie would be so delighted to see you back here. Even though she cannot be with us right now, her energy and spirit continues to be a driving force in our lives.

I am having a very hard time writing anything. I find myself staring at the computer screen, images of Jackie and memories of some of our intense discussions careening around my brain. I can barely write a coherent thought.

Jackie, you are so loved and cherished!

Offline peanut

• My life for My Peanut
  • Obsessed
« Reply #139 on: January 22, 2008, 12:51:10 PM »
I am very sad today about Jackie, but I keep thinking she would want us to celebrate her life and not
be so sad.  That is hard.

I know that right now there are angels in her room.

K

Offline Zudos

• Viscount Libertine
  • Obsessed
  • Darkness belongs to night skies & nothing else
« Reply #140 on: January 22, 2008, 01:02:19 PM »
This Forum allowed, encouraged, maybe even FORCED a lot of us to look at ourselves through the mirror of a film, and the friendships we made here are what keep this place ALIVE....with feeling, with laughter, with not a few tears and no little anger, but ALIVE.

The Greatest thing is to love and be loved in return...

Or

To breakfast at PRADA

Offline teresa

• Getting Acquainted
« Reply #141 on: January 22, 2008, 01:02:43 PM »
i have been sitting here reading all these wonderful posts about jackie with tears streaming down my face. i had just found out fairly  recently that she was ill, had no idea tho that she was so ill she wouldn't recover from it until now.
i met jackie in bay city last year. she was wonderful and so warm and welcoming. and then this past oct in dc she took off from work to spend the weekend with us and drove us all over, including back and forth to the airport. she always gave so much of herself to everyone.
i am not sure what else to say. i am still in shock that it is only a matter of time now. it happened so fast. i know she was planning to go to england in june and was so looking forward to it but i know she will still be there in spirit with all the other brokies as she always will be at any furure gatherings.
i am still praying so much tho for there to be a miracle or a remission or something and that she will be able to be with us in person again.
jackie, please know i am thinking about you and praying.
love,
teresa
bbm forever! long live jack and ennis

Offline Penthesilea

• Feet Wet
« Reply #142 on: January 22, 2008, 01:08:42 PM »
Dear Jackie,
You are one of the most cordial and warmhearted persons I ever met. I don't have words right now. But you are in my thoughts and prayers. We'll meet again, wherever this will be.

Till next time...

Offline janiceinla

• Obsessed
« Reply #143 on: January 22, 2008, 01:19:10 PM »
Dearest Jackie,

Since the moment I heard the news about you, my mind has been a million places.  To the first hug you gave me when we finally met in person at Estes Park and that last hug before I left the hotel to return home.  No goodbyes; just see you again.  I think about us, in Beckla’s car, heading up the mountain to the visitor’s center, singing along with the tape she had made.  Time spent strolling through the open market in Estes Park on our last day there.  Time spent visiting and talking and you making sure I was okay when I’d gotten myself so upset over something that I shouldn’t have been upset over.  Too many wonderful thoughts to list right now.

You always made everyone on the forum feel so welcome, especially in the Diner.  It was always so easy for you.  You, just being you:  warm and loving, straightforward and honest, kind and compassionate. 

You always seemed to be there when others were in need.  Always thinking of others.  I wish I had the ability to make this right and make things better for you.  If prayers and the love of your friends and family were all it took to make you better, you’d be healthy again in no time.  Sadly, it doesn’t always work that way. 

I wish I could say these words to you in person.  I wish you and I could be sitting, laughing at the country house with our friends as we were in the dream I shared with you.  Though there are miles between us, I know in my heart that you know how much you are loved not only by me, but by so many of the friends we have made here.  This gives me strength because while my heart is breaking with this sad news, it is also soaring with the warm memories I have of you.  Nothing can take those away from me and I will always be grateful that in addition to developing a friendship here on the forum, I was blessed to be able to meet you.

Sister mine, you have my love and will always be in my heart. 

Janice

Offline lolita

• Obsessed
  • You with me now; with me all the way
« Reply #144 on: January 22, 2008, 01:19:44 PM »
I just cannot stop crying. I never knew Jackie in person but I feel like I knew her despite never receiving one of her famous hugs, we used to converse regularly with PM's and her gorgeous feedback.

The most amazing lady with the biggest heart and from the pics, a smile that would light up the room. Bless you Jackie. The most special of people.
East to the mountain, west to the Pacific; Pacific Union, we catch the westbound on the fly and hold on, long as we can ride it; and I will ride that westbound train with you, till the journey is done.  B73

Offline Jaysmommy

• Brokeback Songstress
  • Obsessed
« Reply #145 on: January 22, 2008, 01:27:44 PM »

Chicago Slash Bash - Jackie with Di and Trish.

Jackie presented me with a well-loved "Golden Treasury" of poetry in Chicago. It is a gift I will treasure always.

Jackie, my "Forum Mama" - I used to call her that in the first 8 or 9 months of our developing friendship. It was meant as a compliment because she really was like a mom to me in some ways. I can remember a few times when I asked for her advice and counsel, and she did not hesitate to tell me EXACTLY what she thought - sometimes, what she said was not always what I WANTED to hear, but what I NEEDED to hear. When Jackie felt a person was walking down the wrong path, she would let that person know, in no uncertain terms. And, like my mom, she was always right!  :)

As we became closer, she said she really didn't like the "Mama" moniker, so we became "sisters" instead, just as she was a sister to so many of us.

Big Love to you, my dearest Jackie, "Sister Mine"....

Offline Monica LoveEmBoys

• Slash Fan
  • Obsessed
  • Love them
« Reply #146 on: January 22, 2008, 01:28:09 PM »
From Estes Park, where so many of us met Jackie again, or for the first time.

(Jackie's in the second row, about 1/3 the way in from the right)

High Res Version of this Pic

Offline Jenny

• Reads a lot
  • Obsessed
  • We're not obsessed, we're just intensely focused!
« Reply #147 on: January 22, 2008, 01:28:32 PM »
I am so grateful that I went to the DC slash bash in October and got to meet Jackie.  She radiated love and care for everyone.  She gave me the great pleasure of getting to put on Ennis's coat and hat, she took me under her wing when I was upset, and put all of us into her little black book, the one she kept so that if a member vanished with no word the forum would be able to reach out and learn what had happened.  Jackie cared about everyone here, whether she'd ever met them in person or not.  She preferred to see the best in people and encourage it.  She was a shining soul, as I told her at Thanksgiving.

She was part of what made the forum what it is--a living community of people who care about each other and believe that everyone deserves to live and love fully and openly.  She knew that BBM started many transformations, and that one of them was our willingness to open ourselves to each other and share our pain and joy.  She will live in our hearts and minds.

May you travel peacefully and find a sweet life and unceasing miracles of love at journey's end, Jackie.  We know, because you did, that it could be just like that, always.
Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love – time is eternity.

A friend is what the heart needs all the time.

Henry van Dyke

Offline Zudos

• Viscount Libertine
  • Obsessed
  • Darkness belongs to night skies & nothing else
« Reply #148 on: January 22, 2008, 01:32:30 PM »
Oh Jackie. How special a friend you have been to me and to all us.

I met Jackie in Chicago and was lucky enough to spend a special day bonding with her, Maggie and Terry. I learned that day what a rare and wonderful person was among us. She shared her story and her growth and her fears and opened up her heart to strangers. I will never forget the moving moment when she presented Maggie with a special book of poetry that she had inscribed and picked out just for her. We all cried. We watched the BBM trailer on the hotel TV and cried more.

Jackie invited me to her home and made me feel welcome. She kept in touch way better than I. We exchanged phone calls and shared so much. We watched BBM in Bay City holding hands and crying and moving on together. I will treasure all those moments.

I love you Jackie. More than words can possibly say.

Jenny

Jenny, how wonderful to see you darling... What a blast we had with Jackie in New York...
The Greatest thing is to love and be loved in return...

Or

To breakfast at PRADA

Offline Monica LoveEmBoys

• Slash Fan
  • Obsessed
  • Love them
« Reply #149 on: January 22, 2008, 01:33:06 PM »