The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: "Jackie's Friends"  (Read 440384 times)

Offline Zudos

• Viscount Libertine
  • Obsessed
  • Darkness belongs to night skies & nothing else
Re: "Jackie's Friends"
« Reply #480 on: January 23, 2008, 03:04:04 PM »
Nellie that is amazing...

I also just spoke to Paula, and she could name so many of us...

She said that the last two years in Jackie's life have been amazing and they will be eternally grateful to everyone here for all the reasons you detailed...

They are heading up to Joanne's house shortly, but Paula is going to come to the forum when she gets home and read all our tributes to Jackie...

I have a warm feeling for the first time today, as can you imagine Jackie's brimming heart, knowing that her favourite daughter in law is coming to her forum...

And I can tell you all, as Jari will confirm, Paula is the most wonderful person... Jackie took me to her son's house to meet them when I was in Washington... 
The Greatest thing is to love and be loved in return...

Or

To breakfast at PRADA

Offline mcnell1120

• Vida Loca
  • Obsessed
  • Footsteps in my life....leave memories in my heart
« Reply #481 on: January 23, 2008, 03:07:03 PM »
((((Nellie))))

Thanks so much for the continued updates.  You have been a rock through all this. 

Love you.  :-*

I have to say that I want to THANK all of you.....because without you all,I wouldn't have the strength...I REALLY mean it...I love you guys

Nellie :-*
RICKY MARTIN ,tu eres mi Kiki !

Offline Rob in Puyallup

• Yogis Boo-Boo
  • Obsessed
  • Ten Year Forum Member. Do I get a pin?
« Reply #482 on: January 23, 2008, 03:07:38 PM »
This one is a short video I made after Linda's BBQ.  A lot of us are in it, along with our dear Jackie.

You should be able to right click and open in a new window, or right click and you can save the file.  It's 31.5 MB, so shouldn't take too long for high-speed.

It's titled 'That's What Friends Are For'.........in honor of PaintedShoes.......

Thanks for bringing that back, Glenn.

:-*
Old Brokeback got me good...

Offline Amiennis

• Little Lamb
  • Obsessed
  • We'll see...
« Reply #483 on: January 23, 2008, 03:09:08 PM »
Jackie's ashes are going to be taken to Brokeback Mountain....and it will be spread freely....she is going to invite ALL of us for this ceremony and it will be soon.....she may get her ashes as early as a couple days...so maybe a couple weeks after?...I don't know...she is going to contact me with more info...
THANK YOU
Joanne, Mark, Bruce, Paula
"You got no fuckin idea how bad it gets"

Ms Jiminy's Travel Kit/d
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-GtMDLlGRI

Ms Jiminy FOREVER

Offline Rob in Puyallup

• Yogis Boo-Boo
  • Obsessed
  • Ten Year Forum Member. Do I get a pin?
« Reply #484 on: January 23, 2008, 03:09:12 PM »
glenn kl`k kl`k thank you darling  :-*

and i wish i could be there with jackies ashes spreading on brokeback. so beautiful.
I wish we could all be there, Conny.

:-*
Old Brokeback got me good...

Offline conny

• seagirl
  • Obsessed
    • forthejoyoflife
« Reply #485 on: January 23, 2008, 03:11:01 PM »
thanks wayne  :-*
"we are one,but we are not the same"   U2

Offline mcnell1120

• Vida Loca
  • Obsessed
« Reply #486 on: January 23, 2008, 03:11:42 PM »

She said that the last two years in Jackie's life have been amazing and they will be eternally grateful to everyone here for all the reasons you detailed...

They are heading up to Joanne's house shortly, but Paula is going to come to the forum when she gets home and read all our tributes to Jackie...

I have a warm feeling for the first time today, as can you imagine Jackie's brimming heart, knowing that her favourite daughter in law is coming to her forum...

And I can tell you all, as Jari will confirm, Paula is the most wonderful person... Jackie took me to her son's house to meet them when I was in Washington... 

Paula told me this,Wayne...she named a WHOLE bunch of us....you,Jari,Brad,Terry,Mitch,NickinIdaho...OMG...she went on and on...I was floored....she told me she knew of our spouses,our kids...and then I said...wait...you know EVERYTHING about us?...bwahahaha...Good Lord...that 's not good....ha ha ha

She did say she was coming in here because I told her we had a thread ,just for our Jackie...pictures and all...we cried together and it felt so so warm....I wanted to hug her...I want to meet her so badly...it may just happen...*sigh*

Offline whysoserious

• Feet Wet
  • let be
« Reply #487 on: January 23, 2008, 03:13:43 PM »
I've logged on here for one, to pay my respects to Heath and for two, to pay my respects to Jackie.

It's truly like an end of an era, for me.

Goodbye, Jackie.  

Maggie

Offline mcnell1120

• Vida Loca
  • Obsessed
« Reply #488 on: January 23, 2008, 03:13:51 PM »
I know that this is a really stupid question. Please forgive me.

Which Brokeback? The one in Wyoming, or the one where they filmed the movie?

Honey...I'm not even sure....I'm so stupid...didn't even ask her,I was in too much of a shock

My guess would be in Wyoming....don't think they're going all the way to Canada ...hmmmmm

Offline Zudos

• Viscount Libertine
  • Obsessed
« Reply #489 on: January 23, 2008, 03:16:50 PM »

Paula told me this,Wayne...she named a WHOLE bunch of us....you,Jari,Brad,Terry,Mitch,NickinIdaho...OMG...she went on and on...I was floored....she told me she knew of our spouses,our kids...and then I said...wait...you know EVERYTHING about us?...bwahahaha...Good Lord...that 's not good....ha ha ha

She did say she was coming in here because I told her we had a thread ,just for our Jackie...pictures and all...we cried together and it felt so so warm....I wanted to hug her...I want to meet her so badly...it may just happen...*sigh*

And you will Nellie and it will be amazing...

I am going to do so much to be there... I have to... The final thing I can do to show my respects to Jackie...

Nellie, I really love all the support you have given to all of us, and thank you for all the great things you said on the phone when we talked and cried together.... I LOVE you so much... You have done our HALLOWED PAINTED SHOES proud :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*   

Or

To breakfast at PRADA

Offline Zudos

• Viscount Libertine
  • Obsessed
« Reply #490 on: January 23, 2008, 03:17:31 PM »

Or

To breakfast at PRADA

Offline cabin

• Obsessed
« Reply #491 on: January 23, 2008, 03:20:02 PM »
Hey all, just able to get back in with work and everything.

As everyone else, it's been difficult to work and think about jackie
at the same time.  Work today has been especially heavy,
that's why I haven't been here this afternoon.

Posted very early this afternoon, but will be here for a bit now.

Great friends all of you.    :'(

Offline gnash

• Obsessed
  • ʍous ƃuıɯoɔ ɟo lləɯs lɐʇəɯ əɥʇ
« Reply #492 on: January 23, 2008, 03:20:09 PM »

Painted Shoes

a smiling jackie from texas 2006

with friends from near and far

::: remembering u fondly :::

"Brokeback is about a lost paradise, an Eden."  – Ang Lee

Offline mcnell1120

• Vida Loca
  • Obsessed
« Reply #493 on: January 23, 2008, 03:21:23 PM »

And you will Nellie and it will be amazing...

I am going to do so much to be there... I have to... The final thing I can do to show my respects to Jackie...

Nellie, I really love all the support you have given to all of us, and thank you for all the great things you said on the phone when we talked and cried together.... I LOVE you so much... You have done our HALLOWED PAINTED SHOES proud :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*   

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(...Wayne,you made me cry again.....you are so special to me...thank you for your kind words...it sure helps with the healing process......I have to tell you....when the phone rang and it had Jackie's last name on it...I thought just for a minute...was this just a dream?.....*sigh*....and then  said....is she calling me from Heaven?......................... :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline Oregondoggie

• Expert
« Reply #494 on: January 23, 2008, 03:21:47 PM »
"Jackie's ashes are going to be taken to Brokeback Mountain....and it will be spread freely....she is going to invite ALL of us for this ceremony and it will be soon.....she may get her ashes as early as a couple days...so maybe a couple weeks after?...I don't know...she is going to contact me with more info..."

If this is so, they must mean Brokenback Mountain in Wyoming.  There is a group of us planning to be there in early June.  EDelMar is in charge and there is a thread on this forum as well as bettermost.net.  If the spreading of the ashes could be postponed.... we could be part of it.  If not, we will surely tread reverently and with love.