The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: "Jackie's Friends"  (Read 438489 times)

Offline conny

• seagirl
  • Obsessed
    • forthejoyoflife
Re: "Jackie's Friends"
« Reply #690 on: January 24, 2008, 04:35:58 AM »
OK, its finished.

Here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVB8_uV5_9M

This is for you, Jackie. I love you.

thanks so much nick!!
"we are one,but we are not the same"   U2

Offline Zudos

• Viscount Libertine
  • Obsessed
  • Darkness belongs to night skies & nothing else
« Reply #691 on: January 24, 2008, 04:37:38 AM »
Mystery guest ... hahah! I will never forget the look on her face when she saw me in the flesh for the first time in Auntie's backyard.  It is a moment I will never forget. It will be the only time I saw her - that weekend.... 

Heh.  Nick, I remember that moment very well.  Wayne and I were standing with Jackie, and she was seated on the patio back steps.  Wayne knew you were coming and when you walked in, he told Jackie to 'go over there and meet that guy who just walked in.'  Jackie, looking puzzled and all, kept asking, 'who is it, who is that?'  Wayne kept on coaxing her to get up and meet you.  It was very sweet.

terry

Thanks for the memory Terry... I had forgotten that :-*
The Greatest thing is to love and be loved in return...

Or

To breakfast at PRADA

Offline graylockV

• Obsessed
  • Klaatu barada nikto
« Reply #692 on: January 24, 2008, 04:37:57 AM »

Hugs around the diner
Tears around the world
For love and friendship freely given
And kindnesses untold.

A legacy of laughter
A thing we cannot lose
We are richer far for knowing you
Darling Jackie, Paintedshoes

Love always
N.
XXX

Thanks for this tribute N. - she would be so pleased.

Sorry---don't mean to offend....but I'm thinkin' I'm just going to get rip-roarin' drunk.

So long, Jackie.  It's been good to know ya.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 04:47:51 AM by graylockV »
Beulah, peel me a grape.

Offline Flyboy

• A gentle word will calm the wrath...
  • Obsessed
« Reply #693 on: January 24, 2008, 04:40:31 AM »
You are so right, Brad. For me, Jackie was the Earth Mother of this Forum.............no other way for me to see her. Now, I have to believe she is our Heavenly Mother, watching after us, nudging us to be a better person, to be like her and reach out to  touch others in that positve, caring way she had. I can only hope to have just a speck of her radiant influence on the lives of others...............Jonn

Offline Zudos

• Viscount Libertine
  • Obsessed
« Reply #694 on: January 24, 2008, 04:44:20 AM »
I am Paula's sister, and I heard the news of Jackie's passing today, probably around the time most of you learned of it.  The first time I met Jackie she was in my parents' kitchen.  She was introduced to me as the mother of the man my sister was to marry.  I remember I was taken by Jackie's incredible intelligence, compassion, openness and honesty.  She was well-read and could converse knowledgeably on virtually any subject.  I am lucky to have known her, and wish I had the opportunity to have known her better.  Paula always spoke so highly of her, and owes her happy home and wonderful marriage to Jackie's raising her husband, a terrific man and a great husband and father.  Jackie welcomed Paula into her family with open arms and did until the day she died.  As a final note, the friends she met in this forum truly changed her life.  She looked forward to your online chats, your activities, and your face to face meetings.  I hope she meets Heath in heaven and they strike up a great friendship.  Thank you all for your support, your caring, and your friendship with Jackie when she needed it most. -- LLL
Thank you for this... You can see from all the comments that Jackie was very special to us all...  :-*

Or

To breakfast at PRADA

Offline desertrat

• Sunflower
  • Obsessed
  • No angel ;-)
« Reply #695 on: January 24, 2008, 04:46:29 AM »
OK, its finished.

Here is the link:

this is so beautiful, nick, thank you !

i have a question: does anybody have a movie piece with jackie speaking ? i'm so afraid of forgettig how her voice sounds. it's all i have, because i never was lucky enough to meet her in person. this year in oxford, it would finally have happened. it's the one big regret i have...never having been able to hold and hug her.

i'd be immensely grateful if i could have a movie clip with her voice....thank you !
Minds are like parachutes... they both work better when opened.

Offline Zudos

• Viscount Libertine
  • Obsessed
« Reply #696 on: January 24, 2008, 04:49:46 AM »
I can't help but appreciate that every pic of our sweet Jackie is that of a radiant smile. Thing is, that smile isn't about Jackie. That smile is about us.  Why do every single one of us feel this way about Jackie? It is because, for her, it is all about us and not her. Course, in the end, it is really about her. A compliment beyond comprehension.
Jackie once said to me (in a very private one-on-one special time on my back deck), her biggest fear in life was that nobody knew she existed. No one cared to hear her. She thought, perhaps, people looked at her and moved on or didn't care to see her. I told her she was the bright light for all of us. She was the glue that held us together. She ment so much to us and her family, how could she think anything less of her. She paused, took a big draw on the cigarette, looked at me, and asked, "do you think so"?  I said one word, "Absolutley".
Now I know I am right. Ya'll are my 'backup'. More importantly, our sweet Jackie knows. Thanks firends.

Brad

This is amazing Brad.... Thank you and so so true :-*

Or

To breakfast at PRADA

Offline Zudos

• Viscount Libertine
  • Obsessed
« Reply #697 on: January 24, 2008, 04:50:22 AM »
OK, its finished.

Here is the link:

thanks so much nick!!

Great tribute Nick...

Or

To breakfast at PRADA

Offline Zudos

• Viscount Libertine
  • Obsessed
« Reply #698 on: January 24, 2008, 04:52:16 AM »
i have a question: does anybody have a movie piece with jackie speaking ? i'm so afraid of forgettig how her voice sounds. it's all i have, because i never was lucky enough to meet her in person. this year in oxford, it would finally have happened. it's the one big regret i have...never having been able to hold and hug her.

i'd be immensely grateful if i could have a movie clip with her voice....thank you !

I am not sure Martina.... Was she not speaking in either of the BBQ video's?

Or

To breakfast at PRADA

Offline desertrat

• Sunflower
  • Obsessed
  • No angel ;-)
« Reply #699 on: January 24, 2008, 04:54:13 AM »

that might be...i'll have to check them....but i'm not sure i'm up to watching them right now.
Minds are like parachutes... they both work better when opened.

Offline ingmarnicebbmt

• THE MAKER MAKES
  • Obsessed
  • FOR HEAVEN's JAKE ! Jakeing off at Jakea.
« Reply #700 on: January 24, 2008, 05:08:05 AM »

Hugs around the diner
Tears around the world
For love and friendship freely given
And kindnesses untold.

A legacy of laughter
A thing we cannot lose
We are richer far for knowing you
Darling Jackie, Paintedshoes

Love always
N.
XXX

NEILCHOU THIS IS PRECIOUS

THANK YOU

:-*  :-*  :'(  :'(

WISE UP

IngKräddiBöll & Ingmariposa & Ingelspringel & Ingicito & Ingalicious & IngWriter & Annbilivöbäll WORD WIZARD

sausage-on-a-roll-poster & charkuterimästare

And maybe, he thought, they'd never got much farther than that.

Offline ingmarnicebbmt

• THE MAKER MAKES
  • Obsessed
  • FOR HEAVEN's JAKE ! Jakeing off at Jakea.
« Reply #701 on: January 24, 2008, 05:09:26 AM »

Yeah Martina I agree... her voice... so tender and so intense... unforgettable.
Would love to be able to hear it again, though it might bring back fresh pain.

WISE UP

IngKräddiBöll & Ingmariposa & Ingelspringel & Ingicito & Ingalicious & IngWriter & Annbilivöbäll WORD WIZARD

sausage-on-a-roll-poster & charkuterimästare

And maybe, he thought, they'd never got much farther than that.

Offline Zudos

• Viscount Libertine
  • Obsessed
« Reply #702 on: January 24, 2008, 05:15:29 AM »
Meeting everyone at the San Antonio BBQ was an amazing experience...

I stayed at the Holiday Inn, where all the LA posse were too (Philip/Sparky/Dan/Scott/Lynn), and honoury members Jan and Ellen...

After the Friday evening Dan, who had a suite, invited us back to his room where we all sat chatted and I got to know the LA posse and they me... They absolutely LOVED Jackie, or as they said THE PAINTED SHOES... They had long chatted about her wonderful posts and love that she spread around the forum... I told them that when I arrived in he states I had stayed with Jackie, and they immediately asked me all kinds of details, 'Describe the Painted Shoes Home' 'What does the Painted Shoes eat for breakfast' etc etc... They had adored her from afar...

The mischevious side of me, of course told Jackie that some of the group idolised her, and that she should go and make a speech to them...!!!!

She looked at me in that confused way, and said 'Honey you must be joking...Me????' - I told her that the posse adored her and everything she stood for on the forum... She asked 'But what will I say' - I told her just to be herself...

You could literally see her pulling herself together as she went over to the posse who were gathered together...

I know this was very special to Jackie to have a group of people that talked about her, and appreciated her, people that she did not really know... just from what she wrote...

Hence, I quite often referred to her in he diner as 'THE HALLOWED PAINTED SHOES...'         

Or

To breakfast at PRADA

Offline conny

• seagirl
  • Obsessed
    • forthejoyoflife
« Reply #703 on: January 24, 2008, 05:17:48 AM »

she is in the video i made! right at the beginning the first morning i woke up and she,linda and me sat on the stairs in the back yard. talking to me and after i filmed her,she`s filming me.
"we are one,but we are not the same"   U2

Offline Zudos

• Viscount Libertine
  • Obsessed
« Reply #704 on: January 24, 2008, 05:21:00 AM »
One of my first experiences with Jackie, was early 2006, and Nick had not been in the forum for a few days, and Jackie was one of the people really worried to make sure he was OK...

She knew I was in the UK and PM'ed me, to try and find out if Nick was OK, and whether I had his number/address etc...

And followed this by saying that she could be on a plane in the morning if there was something wrong...

Amazing woman... :-*

Or

To breakfast at PRADA