The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: "Jackie's Friends"  (Read 440386 times)

Offline marakeshsparrow

• Queen o' Cliffs
  • Obsessed
Re: "Jackie's Friends"
« Reply #930 on: January 25, 2008, 02:26:45 PM »
I thought I should stop by and just drop a line.  This is the first time I've been on the forum in a while.  And it's been to hard this week.

But this is for Jackie. 

I wasn't very close with her.  But I knew from the moment I'd met her, what a sweet and wonderful person she was. 

Some people just shine.  And she was one of them.  I remember she was the very first person I met when I nervously wandered to the Adobo Grill for the Midwest slash bash.  She was standing outside having a smoke--and there was something about her.  Something friendly, and something familiar.  I moved towards her and I guess she could tell I was a Brokie, because she gave me a huge bear hug and walked me inside.  I've never forgotten that.

My thoughts go out to her family, and all the people her life has touched.  I'm sure she's having a ball wherever she be. 
8:19.  'Nuff Said.

"Chestnut brown canary, ruby throated sparrow, sing a song, don't be long, thrill me to the marrow!" ~CSNY, Suite: Judy Blue Eyes

"Don't you know we're riding on the Marrakesh Express."

Offline Osprey

• Obsessed
« Reply #931 on: January 25, 2008, 02:29:23 PM »
Jari,

Like you, I would never consider myself someone who had an intimate relationship with the other side.  That is the first dream I have ever had like that.  I dream of my mom and dad and it is always in a family setting somehow and those dreams seem so totally natural, just part of sleeping well I would say.  But this one,  this one was something else entirely.  I have never dreamed about the people I was with and I have never dreamed about the hotel in Jackson Hole, in fact I have not even thought about that hotel in a very long time.  But this dream seemed so incredilbly real, it was stunningly vivid.  My dreams never wake me but this one did.  In all honesty, it frightened me.  The fear only lasted until I realized it was a dream, but for those few seconds, I'll bet my blood pressure was nearly off the charts.  I will never forget this dream for as long as I live.

Offline planetgal471

• Mistress of Metaphor
  • Obsessed
  • Race the Burning Sun
    • The Sacred Realm
« Reply #932 on: January 25, 2008, 02:50:24 PM »
Marakesh-- this one's from Melissa's vid

"Speak what you think today in words as hard as cannonballs and tomorrow speak what tomorrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict every thing you said today." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, Self Reliance

Offline BayCityJohn

• Forum Hero
  • Tech Support
  • Obsessed
« Reply #933 on: January 25, 2008, 03:03:10 PM »
That's Maureen, 3rd from right in the above pic, standing next to Rodney.

I sent Maureen a copy of Paula's post, and here's her reply:

---------------------------------------------------------------

Dearest John:

I'm moved to tears. 

Jackie certainly raised a golden, prize-winning son who chose for his bride the perfect daughter-in-law for Jackie and her family.

Many Many blessings to Jackie's family both related and not...but all related in spirit and in love.

I love You...John-John

Maureen

Offline michaelflanagansf

• Forum Librarian and buckle bunny
  • Team Cullen
  • Obsessed
« Reply #934 on: January 25, 2008, 03:16:14 PM »
I thought I should stop by and just drop a line.  This is the first time I've been on the forum in a while.  And it's been to hard this week.

Thanks so much for stopping by - it's good to hear from you.  And thanks to (the other) Jess for posting your pic.
Unlimited tolerance must lead to the disappearance of tolerance. If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl R. Popper

Offline JackiesDIL

• Getting Acquainted
« Reply #935 on: January 25, 2008, 04:09:16 PM »
Is anybody out there??  I need to talk.

Paula

Offline Tigs

• THE Cowntess
  • Obsessed
  • The Cowntess and The Girls!
« Reply #936 on: January 25, 2008, 04:10:46 PM »

Paula

Hi Paula - I'm about if I can help

Sal     ;D
Throwing cows over hedges!!   "Crazy Cat Lady" - MF!!!   I am a toilet!!

Offline mcnell1120

• Vida Loca
  • Obsessed
  • Footsteps in my life....leave memories in my heart
« Reply #937 on: January 25, 2008, 04:14:39 PM »
Hello beautiful people,

Alright,in one hour I will be leaving to the airport and I am asking all who are attending to PLEASE give Adrian a final head count for Saturday and another for the folks that will be staying with Paula and her family...Gosh...saying all this sounds so insane...we're actually having a slumber party with Jackie's family.......whew...so many emotions here

Okay...Adrian is going to call me as soon as I touch the ground in DC and I have to immediately contact Paula...so please send him a PM ASAP!

I'm so looking forward to seeing you there,and remember,those who couldn't make it...PLEASE know that you will be mentioned and thought of tomorrow...our hugs and tears will be from ALL OF US!...you HEAR me?

God Bless

your amiga,

Nellie XO
RICKY MARTIN ,tu eres mi Kiki !

Offline Zudos

• Viscount Libertine
  • Obsessed
  • Darkness belongs to night skies & nothing else
« Reply #938 on: January 25, 2008, 04:14:55 PM »
Hi Paula

I am here too...

How are you doing darling?
The Greatest thing is to love and be loved in return...

Or

To breakfast at PRADA

Offline Monica LoveEmBoys

• Slash Fan
  • Obsessed
  • Love them
« Reply #939 on: January 25, 2008, 04:17:34 PM »
Paula, I'm here as well.

I read your post from last night not long ago, it was really very touching.  Thank you for taking the time to come here and post it.

Monica

Offline Caithness

• Experienced
  • BBM...driven me around the twist.
« Reply #940 on: January 25, 2008, 04:20:47 PM »

Paula

Paula,

If you need to speak by telephone, I would be pleased to do so.  I am Malcolm, Jackie's friend (and host in Texas this past May/June).

xxxxxx

I have been in touch with Jessica.  Best wishes and best love to everyone.

Malcolm

post edited by LoveEmBoys to remove personal information.  I have PMd your phone number to Paula, Malcolm
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 04:29:00 PM by LoveEmBoys »
Tell you what...the truth is...sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Offline BrokenOkie

• Former Mod
  • Obsessed
    • The Dave Cullen Forum Band
« Reply #941 on: January 25, 2008, 04:24:55 PM »
Safe journey, (((Nellie)))   

Offline TwistEnnis

• Obsessed
« Reply #942 on: January 25, 2008, 04:29:29 PM »
Best wishes Nell.  As I told Fritz, please leave a tear behind for me.   :-*

Mitchell
~T-Truth is, sometimes I miss you so much, I can hardly stand it~

Offline mcnell1120

• Vida Loca
  • Obsessed
  • Footsteps in my life....leave memories in my heart
« Reply #943 on: January 25, 2008, 04:29:43 PM »

Paula

Paula...my gosh....I tried calling you,the line is busy
RICKY MARTIN ,tu eres mi Kiki !

Offline JackiesDIL

• Getting Acquainted
« Reply #944 on: January 25, 2008, 04:30:29 PM »
I'm sitting here in Jackie's apt, just balling my eyes out.  Everything around me just reminds me of her, smells like her, brings memories of her.  I just can't stop crying.  I'm here still, all alone, because I'm trying to burn her photos to disks, so that I can have them ready for slideshows tomorrow.  I want to show you all how much you mean to her, how she cherished every moment with you, how she held thoughts of all of you so deeply in her heart and soul.  I want to get the shows together, and make copies of disks for all of you.  I want everything to be perfect, my God!  I didn't even feel this way about my wedding day.  I had a couple of weeks to plan that one; this is just to fast.  It wasn't supposed to happen this way.  Sorry I'm rambling, I can barely see the keyboard, and I'm shaking to hard to make any sense.  Thanks for listening.