The Ultimate Brokeback Forum

Author Topic: Weather phenomena  (Read 209940 times)

Offline fritzkep

• German Louisiana Virginia Dude
  • Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
Re: Weather phenomena
« Reply #1920 on: February 22, 2021, 12:23:54 PM »
Enjoy it while you can, Chuck!

We've had sleet this morning, which turned to rain. This winter we've had more occasions of snow, sleet and ice than usual, but not much accumulation at any one time, and it has not been attractive.

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #1921 on: February 22, 2021, 12:55:12 PM »

Supposed to be 81° here today.   :-X

Offline fritzkep

• Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #1922 on: February 22, 2021, 01:13:26 PM »
Good for y'all!

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #1923 on: February 22, 2021, 01:46:55 PM »

I'd rather it wasn't, Fritz.  Average February temps are in the mid to high 60's.
And it's normally the rainiest month. I feel we're being cheated out of cool
weather and rain we need!!! Plus, I always tell people here I don't like it when
the temps go above 70°.   ;D

Offline fritzkep

• Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #1924 on: February 22, 2021, 04:25:23 PM »
I wish we had some of that heat!

Online CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • Official Diner "Recapper"!
« Reply #1925 on: March 14, 2021, 03:39:55 PM »
Winter storm closes roads in Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska

The Associated Press - Sun, March 14, 2021

A powerful late winter snowstorm intensified over the central Rocky Mountains on Sunday with heavy snow and wind leading to airport and road closures, power outages and avalanche warnings in parts of Colorado, Wyoming and Nebraska.

The National Weather Service in Wyoming called it a “historic and crippling” winter storm that would cause extremely dangerous to impossible travel conditions through at least early Monday.

Major roads southeast of a line that crosses diagonally from the southwest corner of Wyoming to its northeast corner were closed Sunday, including roads in and out of Cheyenne and Casper.

Over 2 feet (61 centimeters) of snow had fallen just outside Cheyenne by 9:30 a.m. Saturday, the weather service reported, while other areas around the city had seen 16 to 19 inches (41 to 48 centimeters). A SNOTEL site at Windy Peak in the Laramie Range reported 52 inches (1.3 meters) of snow in a 24-hour period ending Sunday morning, the weather service said.

https://news.yahoo.com/winter-storm-closes-roads-wyoming-182505559.html
« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 01:59:15 PM by CellarDweller115 »

Online CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
« Reply #1926 on: March 15, 2021, 02:00:58 PM »
Winter Storm Slams The West With Heavy Snow, Strong Winds

Jaclyn Diaz - March 15, 20212:38 AM ET

A winter storm that snarled traffic, knocked out power and disrupted flights in parts of Arizona, Wyoming, Colorado and Nebraska through the weekend is forecast to spread into the Midwest on Monday.

The storm rolled into parts of the Rocky Mountains late Saturday into Sunday, dropping several feet of snow and heavy rain. Gusty winds caused whiteout conditions, and residents were warned to stay off roads.

Some drivers on Arizona's Interstate 40 on Saturday night didn't make it home in time to heed the warning, forcing some to spend Saturday night on the road after icy conditions caused several crashes and shut the highway down.

Lingering effects of the storm are expected to cause rough conditions through early Monday as residents dig out from under record-breaking levels of snowfall.

Several school districts in Colorado ordered classes to be canceled on Monday.

"Even as the storm subsides, travel across the state will be extremely challenging on Monday morning," Chief Matthew Packard of the Colorado State Patrol said.

In Wyoming, Gov. Mark Gordon said high winds and more snowfall were expected in the state and government operations would be limited. He tweeted for residents to "stay safe and avoid unnecessary travel."

https://www.npr.org/2021/03/15/977300409/winter-storm-slams-the-west-with-heavy-snow-strong-winds

Offline Lyle (Mooska)

• Obsessed
« Reply #1927 on: March 15, 2021, 03:11:46 PM »

A friend in Colorado sent me pictures of their street. Yikes!

Online CellarDweller115

• Faithful Friend
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
« Reply #1928 on: April 05, 2021, 02:06:40 PM »
Surprise snowy weather comes to Germany but spring on the way

The German Weather Service (DWD) has forecast snow and sleet across eastern and southern Germany through Friday and much of Saturday.

Temperatures were forecast to drop to as low as -10C in southeast Germany on Friday evening.

“Even though tomorrow marks the beginning of spring, winter does not yet want to hand over the sceptre,” observed Markus Übel of the DWD.

In the Erzgebirge, a mountain range in eastern Germany, a further few centimetres of snow are forecast to fall on Friday on top of the 75 centimetres of snow still covering the range’s highest mountain, the Fichtelberg.

In the Bavarian Alps and the Black Forest, the persistent cold weather means that a metre of snow still lies in the higher terrains.

Saturday will see an improvement in the weather through much of the country in the morning before more rain clouds march in from the north.

https://www.thelocal.de/20210319/surprise-snowy-weather-comes-to-germany-but-spring-on-the-way/

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #1929 on: May 31, 2021, 03:53:15 PM »
We have been having very hot weather lately. We got two fronts come in overnight that dropped temps about 15°.

It got up to 75° today, then we finally got a storm in. The temps dropped from 75° to 45°, and it hailed for about 45 minutes.

"Life can only be understood backwards. Unfortunately, it must be lived forward."
... Kierkegaard

Offline fritzkep

• Global Moderator
  • Obsessed
  • Wie geht's, y'all?
« Reply #1930 on: May 31, 2021, 03:56:12 PM »
Was the gang all there?

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #1931 on: May 31, 2021, 03:59:19 PM »
"Life can only be understood backwards. Unfortunately, it must be lived forward."
... Kierkegaard

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #1932 on: May 31, 2021, 04:00:17 PM »
... Kierkegaard

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #1933 on: May 31, 2021, 04:02:26 PM »
... Kierkegaard

Offline killersmom

• AUNTIE
  • Administrator
  • Obsessed
  • It's me.
« Reply #1934 on: May 31, 2021, 04:04:39 PM »
... Kierkegaard